Fordmods Logo

TJB45's updated Turbo project 

Page 2 of 5 [ 70 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

sound like your going to have some late nights.

how is the tps attached to that throttle body??

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

that throttle is very similar to mine, except mine is 90mm.

i can already see a pain in the a*** problem that cost me a fair bit of time an trial and error on mine, and that is getting the ford accel pedal to fully open that throttle..... i had to do some fairly radical pedal arm extension and change the cable entry point up a bit higher in the pedal to get it to have a big enough sweep

hope this isnt the case for you, depends on the diameter of the cable pull thingo

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

I couldnt see it mentioned.

What power are you aiming for? Who does your tuning?

It should be great when it is done.

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 2003 BA XT

Power: 141 rwkw

WA, Australia

Best sleeper ever.

Seriously, at the lights, I'd be like... pfft exhaust, big deal. I'd get burnt :)

Nice work mate! Done very well.

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

I'm not really chasing any huge power figures, 300KW would be good. I want to start taking it to some drag meets, and running good times.

Paul Cibotto From CVE Performance will be tuning it. He has done a few snort performance turbo installs/tunes, and has had some very good results.

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:07 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Go Tim!!!

Love the sleepers!!!

Next time I am down I will come and find you (I have to see the beast once it is finished)

Roy

Turbo AU falcon LPG 222.5 RWKW.
BAMKII XR6T with SVI - the first one!.
CR500E - Road registered CR500
VF1000R Mid 80's racer built as a HMP special
T88 Turbo XT Falcon with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Another quick update.
Things didn’t go as planed on the weekend, I only managed to get the head back on, the gearbox in, new fuel run, the power/earth cables in and the new harmonic balancer on, which took about 4 hours. If anyone knows a trick to getting the harmonic balancer back on I would love to know.
I didn’t get the plenum made, which was a big thing I wanted out of the way, but due to unforseen power issues we couldn't get access to a welder.
I've made up a bracket to mount the ford throttle position sensor to the new throttle body, and have dummy fitted it to test the throttle pedal throw, which open 100% perfectly with the standard pedal setup. thank God

I’m not really sure where I’m going to mount the DIS4, the engine bay its getting very crowded. I’ll just have to wait for it to show up, and see where I can mount it.

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

good work,

with the balancer i made up a longer bolt to allow you to pull the balancer on, since the std bolt isnt long enough...

good that the throttle works, must have a lot smaller wheel than mine.

i mounted my crane hi-6 box in my glovebox

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've got the current M&W unit behind the glove box at the moment. But I don’t think the MSD DIS4 will fit there, also I'm trying to keep it away from the rest of the wiring loom to stop any interference.

I’ll tell ya, making up this plenum is harder then what I originally thought..
I've got the base plate cut out now, but it was some hard work, I think I need some better cutting tools if I do anything like this again..

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Where did you get the longer crank bolt, I spend half a day driving between different bolt places, and none of them had the right thread....

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

it was just a bolt i found in my old bolt tin in my tool trolley, it was way too short so i cut it and extended it to make it a few inches long, this was good becuase i extended it with a smaller shaft so the washer on it cant come off now. and i just keep the setup in my toolbox now

oh, and with any cdi installation, you arent really reccomended to run the cdi>coil wires through alongside your ecu wires.... but 99% dont have ANY issues with doing so.. there is one thing thats reccomended you do with cdi>coil wires, regardless of where its mounted and thats to run the wires as twisted pairs. this stops pretty much any stray signals

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thats one reason I wanted to put the DIS4 in the engine bay, that way the wires to the coils would be nice short, and have less chance of interference..

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

have a look at most of the race cars you can find, they all have the cdi in the C**k

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ok, well I'm a bit disappointed, I wanted to get the car going today so It could be tuned this weekend, but thats not going to happen.
I'm still waiting on the DIS4 and some -10 fuel line to show up, and with no spark or fuel its not going anywhere…
We got the Plenum made up a few nights ago, it was a bit of a rush job but has come up nicely. If I ever do it again, I'll be angling the throttle body down more. Its going to be tight but will just fit under the bonnet...

I'm still trying to locate somewhere that can get me an accelerator cable long enough. I was going to use an EB one to get it going, but long term I want to run the cable down the right hand guard, over the radiator and then to the throttle body, that way it will be kept away from the heat of the turbo, and will look a bit neater. Somewhere around 3 meters will do. I’ll also have to extend the cruse control cable so it runs a simular way.

Now that I've got a bit more time, I'll spend some more hours polishing everything up. I suppose it will end up looking a bit neater this way. But I really wanted to have it going, as its going to be very hard to have it ready for the Albury Autofest next weekend now..

Anyway, here’s a few pics of the plenum sitting in place.

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

nice plenum.

-10 fuel line is huge y u going so big?

nice fuel rail to!

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 5  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next