Fordmods Logo

Turbo 4.1 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Turbo 4.1
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ford fairmont xf

QLD, Australia

Going to put a turbo on my 4.1 xf ute i was talking to a guy today A mechanic that fits gas systems to cars and he reckons my BRC converter will supply enough gas for 6 to 8 psi boost and will b better Than a B2 converter because there a positive feed mixer and all I will have to run is a el falcon ring style mixer in front of the throtel body and a 3/8 balance pipe from infront of the mixer ring to the back of the converter so when boost comes on it puts pressure on the back of the diaphragm.

Just thourght I'd c what you guys think of the setup.
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Turbo 4.1
Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:02 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ford fairmont xf

QLD, Australia

Was talking to a guy today about my dizzy he said he could fit a boost retard unit on my stock dizzy that retards the timing when on boost by 10 to 15 degrees reckons he's done it on a couple gas turbos and it works fine the part I like the most it's only gona coat $125.

What do u guys think

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:26 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: FORD FE LTD TURBO/ XE TURBO

NSW, Australia

yazholes wrote:
Going to put a turbo on my 4.1 xf ute i was talking to a guy today A mechanic that fits gas systems to cars and he reckons my BRC converter will supply enough gas for 6 to 8 psi boost and will b better Than a B2 converter because there a positive feed mixer and all I will have to run is a el falcon ring style mixer in front of the throtel body and a 3/8 balance pipe from infront of the mixer ring to the back of the converter so when boost comes on it puts pressure on the back of the diaphragm.

Just thourght I'd c what you guys think of the setup.
Thanks.

I think your mechanic is an idiot and has no experience at all with turbos and gas.
Speak to someone who has a track record and forget all the self proclaimed experts who have never built anything remotely worth showing.

Jason Ghiller is about one of the only LPG turbo tuners/engine builders you should be dealing with.

The set up your mechanic mentioned is going to backfire consistently and run like rubbish.
Get a gas research carby, an LG b2 steel lid converter or two and take it to Jason and be done with it.
One stop shop for building, tuning and running proper lpg turbo set ups.

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

^ +1.

You "can" run a mixer ring setup on a turbo, but why the hell would you? If you want to do it on the cheap, you will get cheap results(read poor). Mixer rings are small crappy little things that don't let you get the right AFR & restrict the intake flow drastically. Exactly what you don't want on a turbo engine.

That mechanic you talked to, I'd stay very far away from the place he works. Go talk to someone who installs Gas Research gear.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]