Turbo kits and price plzz help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Turbo kits and price plzz help
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:03 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

ok ive asked this in the last few days and had a few mixed answer Snort turbo kits should i spend the $4000 on one, one bloke on here asid they were absolute rubbish had heaps of problems with them and snorts service was a joke, a few others have said there good kits at a good price etc etc. now i no this is a how longs a piece of string question, but can i jsut get rough ideas plzz. ok how much would i be lookin at for an install for one of these kits. im either gona get a cam and ecu package from rpd at the same time get it all installed and tuned at once or grab bigkevs wolf 3d engine managment he is selling, i really need help here guys. so yeh just some ideas anyone had a turbo kit fitted etc im not going all out lookin for 350rwkws im wanitng 200-220 with the ecu,cam and kit. cheers guys all help appreciated

Piss On Holden!!!!
EF Fairmont argon silver, ultralows,koni adjustables,pioneer stereo, 19 inch vault kaotiks,

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:16 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

well thanx guys.....

Piss On Holden!!!!
EF Fairmont argon silver, ultralows,koni adjustables,pioneer stereo, 19 inch vault kaotiks,

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

dude, you posted it at midnight last nite, be patient enough to wait for people to get up, go to work and then come home b4 they reply...

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:00 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Ok the way that I look at it is this, you are going to need the following bits to turbo your vehicle:

Turbo
Manifold
intercooler
Intercooler piping
injectors or rising rate fuel reg
external wastegate
a way of modifying the fuel and ignition to get the best gains.

If you get a snort kit you can get most of this stuff from the one place. The intercooler is a generic one that you can get from ebay for around $150 delivered. The rising rate reg is around $200 new. The kit doesn't come with intercooler piping so you will have to make that anyway as well as the exhaust. The turbo is the real area of concern I think and it is dependand on what you want to do with it but you can pick up a rebuilt TO4 from around $700 if you look. The wastegate will be around $300 and you can get a log style manifold for around $750. So add it up and do the maths yourself. I am personally fitting a S5 turbo that I bought rebuilt for $450 to a manifold that I am making myself with an ebay cooler and a Mega squirt. All up it will cost me about $1500 but I am doing it myself. In the end you are the only one that can decide on how to spend your money.

Cheers
Paul

[CENTER]ImageImage[/CENTER]
[CENTER][FONT="Arial "][SIZE="4"]Turbo Clubman 165kw atw.................Fairmont cruise car[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

well i wont be doing any of it myself i just want to b able to by a kit, take it somewhere(ill get them to do the intercooler piping and exhaust) get them to install and tune it and then i can drive away with my newly turbo'd fairmont. as i said i no its a how longs a piece of string questions but i fi were to do this wats do u think would b a reasonable price. jsut rough ideas so i no wat im looking at b4 i dive in the deep end

Piss On Holden!!!!

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

u wont get a good kit installed for under 10 gorillas mate.

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:16 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

shiiiit i was hoping for like $8500, so ya reckon itll b about 6000 for install jesus christ mite as well no worry and just by a new fuken car

Piss On Holden!!!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]