WA, Australia

sounds good! get some pics up of the head

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Post subject: pics
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

howdy guys just a update, just ordered a set of spool rods, and cp pistons, will try get some pics up of every thing when the pistons come, kept crashing before when i tried, i wanted to give the whole bottom end the treatment crack test etc, but money getting low so just do the basics, block bored and honed 20tho, decked, crank reground, may try get the block oringed yet but will see. ok will but some pics up soon.

Post subject: cp pistons
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

hello, i got my cp pistons and spool rods a few weeks back, the pistons all ready come with two valve relifs in the top on one side, do these need to be made bigger to fit the el motor, or do i need valve relifs om the other side of the pistons, will try get some pics up, cheers phill.

Post subject: Re: cp pistons
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

boosted22 wrote:
hello, i got my cp pistons and spool rods a few weeks back, the pistons all ready come with two valve relifs in the top on one side, do these need to be made bigger to fit the el motor, or do i need valve relifs om the other side of the pistons, will try get some pics up, cheers phill.

the notches for the twin motor do not work with the sigle cam motor, so you will have to get a 3rd notch on each piston to suit your engine

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

thats alot of power for the whyalla dirt curcuit you'll have to start 6 laps behind lol. i haven't been out there in a while but last time i was i couldn't beleive that they passed some of the cars they do

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Post subject: race
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

james88 wrote:
thats alot of power for the whyalla dirt curcuit you'll have to start 6 laps behind lol. i haven't been out there in a while but last time i was i couldn't beleive that they passed some of the cars they do

how r ya, yer its defiantly stepped up a bit out there in the modified class, my mate has a ed falcon with (you wont believe me) but a 5.7L gen 3 ha-ha, he's running 275 kw atw, he straight out believes the 4ltr wont be able to pull anything like that, but I cant wait, gonna sticky tape the print out to the back of my car just to rub it in, ( then again he's car is built like a tank prob slam me lol) prob wont make it out for the first couple of meetings just saving now to get the bottom end built, pretty much got every thing I need now here's a update to what I have

cp pistons and spool rod kit
ported-polished head
ems 8860, 3 bar map sensor
660cc injectors,
rising rate reg, bosch 044 fuel setup
Garrett gt3540, ceramic coated 1.06 rear housing
tial 44 wastegate,
snort log manifold
few other bits i cant think of
gonna wait till the motor is back in to see what room I got around before I decide what water to air set up to run.
gonna get a crs bell housing kit and run my mates toploader box, hope fully the diff holds up for a while.

just having trouble on who to get to build the bottom end, been told lewis engines in adelaide are not to bad, boostworx I think build engines, but not to sure on what's around in sa to do it.

(any suggestions out there)

prob just gonna get it all up and running on low boost with the standard motor I have for now, that way when I put in the good motor when its done I can get it all run in easy before dynoing. anyway will keep a up to date.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

wow thats just wrong a gen 3 in a falcon omg. i asked kpm motorsport in adelaide about a rebuild and the quoted me 8 - 9 g's for a mild rebuild and up to 12 for the worx so i am just goin to run 6 - 8 pound of boost on standard bottem end. ill have to come out when ya get this beast on the track havn't been there in ages like nearly 3 years

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The real quick 4.0 turbo cars have converted 3 speed auto... Helps spool and 60 Ft times big time!!!
The more power and torque you have the more fun an auto is and much more streetable... They tame things down and able to get traction ....

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:
The real quick 4.0 turbo cars have converted 3 speed auto... Helps spool and 60 Ft times big time!!!
The more power and torque you have the more fun an auto is and much more streetable... They tame things down and able to get traction ....

howdy there, yer we race dirt circuit sort of like speedway but with different circuit tracks all on dirt, i thought about going auto but by the time i source every thing, gets some work done to the box etc, i would rather keep the money to get my motor built, and just use me mates top loader, maybe later on a bit i will, on most tracks i can use 3rd and 4th down the straight so should be all good.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2