Fordmods Logo

Turbo Terry........ now were talkin! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Turbo Terry........ now were talkin!
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:07 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Called into the 'wogs' workshop the other night so he could have a good look-see at the exhaust on my TTG, lots of talk and a few rumors re a washer in the zorst of the TT got us wondering so....... I can now assure those that were hearing the same mumbling's that I was, its no rumor! Its there. After some cutting, pounding and welding by Nick the pipes were back on and the difference was noticeable immediately I started the car; the note is quite different and has a distinct 'sporty' sound with even a hint of crackle on over-run. The difference on the road however, is where the real improvement and benefits are noticeable, the engine responds better and the car now sounds as good as it goes! With Nicks custom tune some simple mods to the air-box and this exhaust mod the difference from stock is 'significant'. How does the big wagon perform now? Well think VE GTS and than think 'faster'.
Nick has had the opportunity to wave that magic wand and has turned what was a pretty impressive thing (for its weight and size) into what can only be described now as 'fast' All while still maintaining the Terry's smooth comfy ride, idiot proof traction and stability control all of which the terry is famous for and quite frankly its the reason I bought one! Only now its a genuine all weather point and shoot weapon. The best testament to Nicks talents is the fact that my wife drives the car on a daily basis and she has no idea that its been changed in any way shape or form! The beast within only comes out to play when you pull his chain!!!!!! Thanks Nick!!! You-da-man. :D

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:30 am 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

well i guess its going to be harder to wipe the smile!!!

thanks

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:09 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

As predicted Nick (I hate you!!), the bug has its teeth firmly in my A55 right now. lol

Mark and I went out last night with a GTech and it ran a 0-100 in 5.29 and 400mts in 13.12 @ 178kph! To say I'm impressed is a gross understatement, considering the conservative boost.

What do you think about a separate turbo and wastegate pipe for say 12" or so than blending into a 3" into the stock cat? Perhaps than a re-tune on Shell 100 and a Friday night at Calder, in case you hadn't caught on yet, I'm now very keen to run a 12, I don't want to do it with boost though, would like it keep it under 10lb just so I can sleep at night. LOL

FYI, the P1 'wog' tune and standard boost with just the airbox mod and bung removed from the muffler got me from 0-100 in 5.8 and a 14.14 @ 158kph!! Pretty damn impressive I think.

Would be nice to have a 12 second terry with your name on it!!

Uuuuuuuummmmmmmmm 12's ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :)

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF wagon & EF fairmont wagon & M

VIC, Australia

So what we have here is the Typhoon muffler with a bung in it to tone down the Terry? Am I right?

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

richard williams wrote:
So what we have here is the Typhoon muffler with a bung in it to tone down the Terry? Am I right?

No, don't think so. All the Terry stuff is a lot bigger than anything you'll find on a Falcon. The muffler is B.I.G. huge and would drag on the ground if you bolted it under the phoon.

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

ok, i beleive you have made a gain, but to quote g-tech figures may be a bit misleading.... as i dont see the 2140kg terry with minimal mods running the 0-400m faster than say a 1400kg 206kw evo ix.

congrats on the work done, got any power figures as of yet??

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

ebs_4l wrote:
ok, i beleive you have made a gain, but to quote g-tech figures may be a bit misleading.... as i dont see the 2140kg terry with minimal mods running the 0-400m faster than say a 1400kg 206kw evo ix.

congrats on the work done, got any power figures as of yet??

Thanks,
The GTech is all I have right now, they are accurat enough, its just g-force and time so the maths is sound. I used it for comparison purposes while I'm going through the mods. I'll run it on the track when I'm finished to verify things and keep the doubters quite lol. It’s a 7 seater Ghia so it’s over 2200 kilos! As for the minimal mods, well that’s the whole idea, only do what’s necessary and what works. The real gains are in the box, that’s where the mods really are and they aren't even close to 'minimal'.
Cheers

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

I hope you get those times. It would be extremely good, probably at least a good second quicker than i would've thought it would run.
Good luck though 8-)

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

Thats impressive figures. Nicks the man when it comes to the turbo 6. 12s will be good, but you'll soon get over it, mines good for 12s now and it doesnt feel fast anymore, its going in for a tune and injectors friday that will hopefully see me very close if not into the 11s.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:55 am 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

How is Nick going with the 3 E-Series cars he has at the moment ? Patiently waiting to see progress on those :)

Vic Cruises & Events

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]