Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Try an insurance broker???

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q ... DcountryAU

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:26 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

AUIIForte wrote:
frd_xr6 wrote:
AUIIForte wrote:
yeah thats all cool, and insurance is covered by having the car under my dads name, so they think a 50 year old man is driving it,

You will still have to inform your insurance company about the turbo and ALL other mods e.g. intercooler, computer, injectors, manifold, exhaust.

Also which insurance company are you with? The only company i know that will touch anyone under 25 with a turbo car is Just Cars and thier policy is that the youngest driver must be listed as the main policy holder.

You better check this out first, i have tried all these avenues trying to insure a 200sx/EB Turbo under my parents name with me as a listed driver, but no company will do it. Thus Just Cars is your only resort and if go that route you cannot insure under parents name, good luck!
My dad just tells them that its his car, so it doesnt make a difference... just tell your perants to resign the insurance contract into their name, so the insurance company think its your perants car. Thats what my dad did, and its fine... So i just pay my dad what i owe him for the insurance, and its all good

Im not quite sure if you understand what im saying.

So far i have gathered that your car is insured under your dads name BUT its really your car and you drive it around. Thus the insurance policy is in the name of your dad and all you do is pay him the premium i.e. your not listed on the insurance policy?

I also suspect you have not informed the insurance company about the turbo modifications nor the fact that yourself (someone under 25) will be driving it?

1. If your dad rings up and tells them about the modifications the insurance company may or may not like these mods.

2. I highly suspect that you will not be insured in the case of an accident. Which i also assume you have not asked your insurnace company about.

Basically the only company that will cover U25 with turbo car is Just Cars and with them you cannot insure it under your dads name with you as a driver. Thats why i dont you will be covered in the event of an accident. The insurance game is very risky and they try lots of ways to get out of paying a claim.

I think you really need to look into this further and have all bases covered, before you start spending big $$$ whacking a turbo on your car. Or resign to the fact that you will have to either pay $2500+ full comp a year under your name or risk having just 3rd party for a about $600/year.

If it was as easy as you think insuring a turbo falcon with someone under 25 i think we would see a lot more boosted falcons getting around...

1996 5spd EF2 XR6 - Genuine AJR's, full kit........

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:30 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

yeah I'd be one of them... :D

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:02 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AUII Forte

ACT, Australia

my sister did it in her s**t pulsar (put a turbo in) when she was 17. Got her P's, my dad signed the insurance under his name, and my sister drove it round, so im taking i can do the same thing.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: eb falcon s series 2

NSW, Australia

[quote="AUIIForte"]my sister did it in her s**t pulsar (put a turbo in) when she was 17. Got her P's, my dad signed the insurance under his name, and my sister drove it round, so im taking i can do the same thing.[/quote

u are VERY narrow minded m8

look maybe that worked, but if she had an accident, and the insurance company wasnt informed a 17 year old was driving it, they laugh at u and go NEXT.

‮‮

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

bentles wrote:
AUIIForte wrote:
my sister did it in her s**t pulsar (put a turbo in) when she was 17. Got her P's, my dad signed the insurance under his name, and my sister drove it round, so im taking i can do the same thing.[/quote

u are VERY narrow minded m8

look maybe that worked, but if she had an accident, and the insurance company wasnt informed a 17 year old was driving it, they laugh at u and go NEXT.

Yeah but he may be insured with his old boys policy as being a second driver who only drives the car, say, ~10% of the time.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

trade in the AU get a loan using the $8.000 you have a get a BA XR6T

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

wont help his insurance situtaion though

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:32 pm 
Fordmods Addict

VIC, Australia

sooo true... there are three things insurance companies really don't like hearing...
1. under 25
2. turbo
3. v8
oh and 4. driving conviction
:P
and don't even think of saying em all at once...

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:46 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

there is no insurance problems, i just wanted info on a good turbo kit setup... So, is this kit a recomendation for $3500? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW
Also, I have read "turbo EA project", but I dont have a grasp of some of the names of the parts they mention, I am new to turbo's (I have read quite a few articles on Turbos, but still dont 100% understand how to install it, what other mods i need ect...). Also, as i have a stock AUII Forte (Auto Tranny), I was wondering, what type of mods would I need to do to the engine for it to handle the power at 10psi or around that?

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: xf

NSW, Australia

what bits dont you understand??? we cant very well help you with out knowing...
yep thats the snort kit (i want one) nice dont you think?
as for other mods i cant think of many except a decent oil and some spark plugs to suit the turbo (maybe some top gun leads)...
the rest has pretty much been covered
cheers

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:38 pm 
Fordmods Addict

VIC, Australia

10psi your starting to need beefed up fuel supply (injectors) and an aftermarket ECU... like CHEF says (or has said, I know i saw him say it somewhere :P), about 7-8psi is the limit of stock ECU and injectors.
Engine internals can handle quite a bit more I believe? but don't take my word for it...
Remember also that snort kit for $3500 doesn't include things a FMIC or piping for it, which can all add up.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: eb falcon s series 2

NSW, Australia

also the snort kit u need to remount your intake, cos HAI wont work too well on a turbo(hot air induction) you need to move it to the fron where the batt is for CAI (cool air induction) as cool air can fit more oxygen per cylindor which will increase power. so the battery will need to be moved to the boot or somewhere and re wired.

cheers

‮‮

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

AUIIForte wrote:
oi noisuf, grow a d**k, or take one off your mum you poof. and stop living in your urinated box man. If you said that to me in person, i would have knocked you out, seriously, do u think u are tough or something by abusing ppl behind a computer screen, were you know somebody cant do anythin to ya, because f**k, if u said that to me in person, then damn

to the rest of the ppl who helped me, thanks for the info, im glad you could help me out
well d***head turn up on the 6th Aug at the dyno day and i tell ya in person your a f**k idiot, as for knocking me out LOL you really are a f**k dreamer..see ya on the 6th d***head..

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

hahah, noisuf, we will see who has the big mouth

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next