Fordmods Logo

Turboing Forte 

Page 4 of 5 [ 62 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:02 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Noisuf comments were a bit harsh, but AUIIForte you obviously have no comprehension of what insurance is and how it works.

Before you ask anymore questions about whacking a turbo on your AU, take 5min out of your day and get your dad to ring his insurance company and ask whether they would pay out a claim if his 17yr old son had an accident in a highly modified vehicle.

1996 5spd EF2 XR6 - Genuine AJR's, full kit........

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: falcon V8

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I think TSA (turbo systems aust) still do a bolt on kit it's nothing flash and dosn't put out heaps of power but it is just a straight bolt on kit for $4995.00 I've not seen one of these kits on a car only read about them and the kit out of the car, from memory they claim 150rwkw.
They might be worth a look.

Post subject: LIVE THE DREAM!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:25 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Fairmont 2001 series 3

VIC, Australia

Man I think we are all a little upset not because we are worried about this 17 year old going through a wall but because we wish we could have done the same thing. WE have all been held back by incurrence, money, family...... f**k it, the kids living the dream! he has the money, his family knows but still dun stop him and even if the incurrence dun cover him HE DUN CARE or he has found the miracle loop hole we have all been looking for. I’m 18 my dad hates the fact that I even have a big car, insurance is f**k me for all my money already and I got no where near that much money to put any mods on my car. But do I give this guy s**t? no you can’t do this, ooo you could get f**k on that, nooooooooo. All this started with you guys trying to give this guy some advice about insurance cover or lack there of. He read what you had to say and said he wanted to do it anyway. GOOD FOR YOU KID, f**k DO IT. When I see you flying past my stock standard I’ll be like f**k I wish I had that, but I’ll be more impressed with the fact that you had the balls to do it and at 17 NICE WORK.

Dun be gallous…

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:59 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

So i take it would still be ok, if he ran his uninsured car into your car wrote it off and had no money to compensate you with?

1996 5spd EF2 XR6 - Genuine AJR's, full kit........

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:07 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Yeah true frd_xr6, but personally I think peple with highly modified cars (re. lotsa cash spent) are better drivers, then the average f**k in an unroadworthy and uninsured (and often unregistered) datto..
But hey, if he ran into the back of me, I'd start swinging the metal chair leg I keep in the drivers seat pocket...

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AUII Forte

ACT, Australia

thats all agreable. I do have the money because i have been working my a** off for ages, and because i got into cars about a year ago, and then got my car early this year, i decided to spend the money i worked so hard for on the car.
And i agree with Steady ED on the fact that the ppl that drive highly modified cars are usualy better drivers because I my self have gotten used too and bored of the low power i have out of my Forte, so i decide to take another step and get it going faster. I am starting with exhaust upgrades, and then getting better engine parts, and THEN i will get into the turbo. (I am also spending money on brake upgrades and better suspensions ect...)
I just wanted some more info on the whole turbo set up and everything so when it comes to getting a turbo, i know how its put in and how to configure everything to suite it.
peace out, and thanks to those few who took the time to help me

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:37 pm 
Fordmods Addict

VIC, Australia

I wasn't talking about getting complacent with power...
I was talking about the fact that if I'd just spent like 16k on a car (oh f**k i just have) I wouldn't be driving like a f**k cause I'd be too s**t of hurting my new baby...
Thinking that "getting used to" power makes you a better driver is a bit naive.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:43 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AUII Forte

ACT, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
I wasn't talking about getting complacent with power...
I was talking about the fact that if I'd just spent like 16k on a car (oh f**k i just have) I wouldn't be driving like a f**k cause I'd be too s**t of hurting my new baby...
Thinking that "getting used to" power makes you a better driver is a bit naive.
ofcourse getting used to the power isnt neciseraly being a better driver. But if I get bored of something, like we all do, then we want to get the next best thing. Also, I honestly dont drive around like a f**k, I give respect to other drivers even if they are driving a VL. I dont like causing road rage or looking like a hoon, i just want that extra power so I can sometimes take the car down to the strip and have ago, but also the extra power would help me driving the car with 5 ppl in it, coz i do it every morning, and it feels very slugish and laggy. I hope you understand what im trying to say, because im not trying to argue with anybody

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:50 pm 
Fordmods Addict

VIC, Australia

It has to end somewhere.. doesn't it? That could be a new topic... "How much power is enough?"

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: eb falcon s series 2

NSW, Australia

lol it doesnt matter how much u spend on car that affects your driving skills.

seen enzos crash?

s**t i have (not in real life etc)

anyway my advice is wait for the turbo.

hell im waiting will i get myP's to do any performance mods cos at 17 in vic i cant really do anything too fun in my car with mum in the passenger seat.

why not wait a lil bit longer like 3 years and you will appreciate it a lot more.

as i said earlier a cam zorst ecu and intake mods will be good, also nice rims and lower it, sound system etc will have you content for a long time till you are able to handle the turbo install.
i mean i knew about turbos and s**t but from movies etc. a few months browsing this site i know maybe 500% more than i did.

hell i know every basic part of an engine and what it does.

can i do anything? no probably not yet as im not confident enough (or maybe over confident on some things and stuff it up)

you may seem confident driving the car around and being nice and cautios in it etc and havent even had a close call.

turbo it and what happens if it gets stolen? (with a nice shiny intercooler it is a high risk target)

what if its parked somewhere and someone else hits it?

what if you are behind the wheel and someone hits u. insurance wont cover u cos u were driving.
hell id turbo my car if i insurance didnt hold me back.

thats why the day i turn 21 i start installing turbo parts (off p plates)

‮‮

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:58 pm 
Fordmods Addict

VIC, Australia

bentles wrote:
turbo it and what happens if it gets stolen? (with a nice shiny intercooler it is a high risk target)

what if its parked somewhere and someone else hits it?

Well my first reaction would be too collapse to my knees and cry in public, but it ain't the first time i've done that... :P

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:23 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Fairmont 2001 series 3

VIC, Australia

Quote:
(Frd_XR6) So i take it would still be ok, if he ran his uninsured car into your car wrote it off and had no money to compensate you with?

Point taken, id still like to live the dream. :(

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: xf

NSW, Australia

off topic and hijacking the thread but thought you might be interested...
got my turbo 250 X-Flow in today...

Attachments:
lotsa space round this.jpg
lotsa space round this.jpg [ 89.79 KiB | Viewed 245 times ]

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

we have comp' insurance to protect us against uninsured drivers... so who cares what he does...

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:12 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: xf

NSW, Australia

as long as he gets 3rd party property then why should anyone else care... if he crashes into your car then you are covered by his insurance...
but... if his car gets stolen he isnt covered, but that has nothing to do with anyone else... its his problem (sorry to sound rude AUII but im just getting a point across)
cheers

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next