Fordmods Logo

Twin Turbo BA XT? 

Page 2 of 6 [ 86 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT FALCON (2003)

QLD, Australia

yeah... might keep the block then... how much increase should i have like RWKW's wise?

Cause i know at the fly wheel i'm pulling 185kw stock.

and also i'm prolly going to get a lukey 3" twin pipe.

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Garrett GT3540R Spec's

Horsepower: 700hp
Compressor Housing A/R -: 0.70a/r
Turbine Housing A/R -: 1.06a/r
Turbine Hsg. Attachments: Inlet: Standard 4-bolt T3 flange
Turbine Hsg. Attachments: Outlet: Standard 4-bolt T3 flange
Oil Inlet - : Inverted Flare 7/16-24 thread
Oil Drain - : Standard 2-bolt T3 flange
Bearing Type: Dual Ball Bearing
Cooling: Water Cooled Centre
Wastegate: Integrated Wastegate

Somehow i think i should buy Michellen Shares... cause i might go through some tyres

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

2x GT3540's are probably a little overkill :S

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:50 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: fairmont ghia

WA, Australia

ok well were to start! :) love your thinkin but u got to thick logicaly as well! im guessin your xt is auto so the most anyone in australia so far hads been able to build a auto box to handal is around 400rwkw anythin after that your goin to have to go a 3 speed or sumthin! unless you go like t56 mal wood to a great conversion kit! plenty of people have done it and are runnin up to 450rwkw plus easily! next issue is there is no one in oz that has been able to get the cv's to last past 400rwkw launchin it hard! so be prepared to waist a lot of money here in research to get it right! so why the twin turbo??? u building a show and strip car or purely a show car! serioulsy and the end of the day your beeter of buyin a baxr6t... spend $10000 on a full engine rebuild! lettin u know at least 3-4 grand will be pistons and rods and another $10000 for other stuff if u wont 450rwkw plus! the rest is al bolt on's and so on! check out www.fordxr6turbo.com great site and they will tell u straight out your waistin your money in turboing your xt and doin the twin turbo! cause look at the fastest xr6t in oz it was pushin out just past 400rwkw at the wheels and a 3 speed auto! but if money is no option y do u wanna do a xt up y not start with a gt-p and twin turbo that like a few people have done! hehehe

Last edited by slycruza on Thu May 11, 2006 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: falocn

VIC, Australia

why dont you do something completely different on a falcon six and supercharge it as well as a huge single turbo, so you have the initial boost of the supercharger, but when the big turbo spools up you have the powr from that. now that would be something to see.

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

or a single turbo + nos. :wink:

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Cheers for the link and thoughts... i'm going to have a detailed look into it tonight and decide from there...

I'm sorta of a n00b when it comes to turbos and superchargers... so any help is appreciated. it will be a show and strip car. so i'll looking to trim some fat off of her as well

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

evilef wrote:
why dont you do something completely different on a falcon six and supercharge it as well as a huge single turbo, so you have the initial boost of the supercharger, but when the big turbo spools up you have the powr from that. now that would be something to see.

that's a great idea, pioneered by lancia back in the 80s with the S4... goes real well, but engine management woluld be very difficult. plus you need to run 2 intercoolers, R+D will suck, hard.

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

single turbo and nos is possiable not legal to have a bottle hooked up unless i'm on a drag strip.

but the supercharger and turbo idea has my intrest i'll be lookibng into that

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

OMFG!!

This is a what i got back after i enquired about the Turbo and Supercharger format for the BA

Josh

Thanks for the enquiry. It will take $20,000 and 6 weeks with your car here if you have a manual, or $23,500 if you have an auto. If you would like to go ahead with such a project, I would be happy to discuss the finer points of the conversion once you are commited.

Kind Regards

Michael Ramsay

Internal Sales
GCG Turbochargers Australia Pty Ltd
Phone:+61 2 9708 2122
Fax:+61 2 9708 2912
www.gcg.com.au
Est 1979

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

Mr_Soul wrote:
OMFG!!

This is a what i got back after i enquired about the Turbo and Supercharger format for the BA

Josh

Thanks for the enquiry. It will take $20,000 and 6 weeks with your car here if you have a manual, or $23,500 if you have an auto. If you would like to go ahead with such a project, I would be happy to discuss the finer points of the conversion once you are commited.

Kind Regards

Michael Ramsay

Internal Sales
GCG Turbochargers Australia Pty Ltd
Phone:+61 2 9708 2122
Fax:+61 2 9708 2912
www.gcg.com.au
Est 1979

I know that sounds dear, but what sort of pricing were you expecting?

For what you want, $20,000 is probably a touch dear for parts, labour etc etc. But I wouldn't have thought that it was too far off the mark...

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:35 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA FALCON

QLD, Australia

it all depends where you want the power, i have a 05 ba futura, im thinking more of supercharging it as i mainly drive around town and i like it fast off the mark, however if you want big figures twin turbo would be the go. im personally shoosing to supercharge mine because its different, there are a heap of xr6 turbos, they come out stock!!! and besides around town ill be at the next set of lights before they even spool. No offence, but maybe if you are going to do show, start with a better base like an xr6, less stuff you will have to change, i have learnt that as i have a gt kit and no xr headlights yet! good luck with it and hope to hear some updates with it.

CAM860 - White BA 05 Futura, GT bodykit, Cobra badges, BSA 18" mags, Altezza tail lights, Lower bumper forced pod induction

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

CAMERONCOULSTON wrote:
it all depends where you want the power, i have a 05 ba futura, im thinking more of supercharging it as i mainly drive around town and i like it fast off the mark, however if you want big figures twin turbo would be the go. im personally shoosing to supercharge mine because its different, there are a heap of xr6 turbos, they come out stock!!! and besides around town ill be at the next set of lights before they even spool. No offence, but maybe if you are going to do show, start with a better base like an xr6, less stuff you will have to change, i have learnt that as i have a gt kit and no xr headlights yet! good luck with it and hope to hear some updates with it.

Welcome mate. Your car sounds SWEET. Would LOVE some pictures :D

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

soulfire wrote:
2x GT3540's are probably a little overkill :S

dunno bout overkill but f**k me that would make some huge figures :P

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:54 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA FALCON

QLD, Australia

thanks, i always been meaning to join this forum, im always doing different mods and wouldnt mind hearing wat others do with their car. the ba is alright so far, but yet so much more mods to do yet... only had it 5 weeks now, the au i had was quite nice though, just posted a few pics then.

CAM860 - White BA 05 Futura, GT bodykit, Cobra badges, BSA 18" mags, Altezza tail lights, Lower bumper forced pod induction

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 6  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next