Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT FALCON (2003)

QLD, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
soulfire wrote:
2x GT3540's are probably a little overkill :S

dunno bout overkill but f**k me that would make some huge figures :P

The lad reackons 685ish rwkw's i was like WTF! nice as... how come my crotch is sticky? lol

But cam is right superchargers sound like a good alternative...

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Mr_Soul wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
soulfire wrote:

The lad reackons 685ish rwkw's i was like WTF! nice as... how come my crotch is sticky? lol

well you know there a cheap kits available that still perform well and so on like the twin turbo kit from snort performance....for the BA its 5or 6K for parts....might mod the components list a lil....then labour, better EMS could almost do it all for round 12K ad that a pretty awesome TT kit.....supercharger looking round 10K so yeh depends what u want.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT FALCON (2003)

QLD, Australia

i think atm i'm to the point of flipping a coin... too many decicions

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

CAMERONCOULSTON wrote:
it all depends where you want the power, i have a 05 ba futura, im thinking more of supercharging it as i mainly drive around town and i like it fast off the mark, however if you want big figures twin turbo would be the go. im personally shoosing to supercharge mine because its different, there are a heap of xr6 turbos, they come out stock!!! and besides around town ill be at the next set of lights before they even spool. No offence, but maybe if you are going to do show, start with a better base like an xr6, less stuff you will have to change, i have learnt that as i have a gt kit and no xr headlights yet! good luck with it and hope to hear some updates with it.

Sif an XR6T has much turbo lag.
And besides, most aftermarket superchargers build power with revs anyways so there is hardly any advantage.

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:13 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA FALCON

QLD, Australia

yeh, you do have a point, but it all depends on what you get or what you spend, id just like to supercharge because its different and thats where i like the power for what i wanna do. over a distance a turbo will definately get it, and in the dyno

CAM860 - White BA 05 Futura, GT bodykit, Cobra badges, BSA 18" mags, Altezza tail lights, Lower bumper forced pod induction

Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

soulfire wrote:
CAMERONCOULSTON wrote:
it all depends where you want the power, i have a 05 ba futura, im thinking more of supercharging it as i mainly drive around town and i like it fast off the mark, however if you want big figures twin turbo would be the go. im personally shoosing to supercharge mine because its different, there are a heap of xr6 turbos, they come out stock!!! and besides around town ill be at the next set of lights before they even spool. No offence, but maybe if you are going to do show, start with a better base like an xr6, less stuff you will have to change, i have learnt that as i have a gt kit and no xr headlights yet! good luck with it and hope to hear some updates with it.

Sif an XR6T has much turbo lag.
And besides, most aftermarket superchargers build power with revs anyways so there is hardly any advantage.

Hmmmm. Trick one. Very tricky.

Methinks that the XR6 Turbo either suffers from a little turbo lag, or some serious engine protection management system, or an auto tranny that has to think about it a little before selecting a gear (doubt the tranny theory becuase I know they aren't slow). An XR6 Turbo doesn't really feel like there is a great deal of lag becuase there's 4.0 litres and plenty of grunt to begin with. However, there is a noticeable 0.5 second pause from when you sink the slipper to when she REALLY starts haulling...

Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:43 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

That's more the electronic throttle then lag from the turbo.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

soulfire wrote:
evilef wrote:
why dont you do something completely different on a falcon six and supercharge it as well as a huge single turbo, so you have the initial boost of the supercharger, but when the big turbo spools up you have the powr from that. now that would be something to see.

that's a great idea, pioneered by lancia back in the 80s with the S4... goes real well, but engine management woluld be very difficult. plus you need to run 2 intercoolers, R+D will suck, hard.

you would only need 1 intercooler, look at the nissan march superturbo for ideas on how to setup a turbo and supercharged car.

Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Mr_Soul wrote:
OMFG!!

This is a what i got back after i enquired about the Turbo and Supercharger format for the BA

Josh

Thanks for the enquiry. It will take $20,000 and 6 weeks with your car here if you have a manual, or $23,500 if you have an auto. If you would like to go ahead with such a project, I would be happy to discuss the finer points of the conversion once you are commited.

Kind Regards

Michael Ramsay

Internal Sales
GCG Turbochargers Australia Pty Ltd
Phone:+61 2 9708 2122
Fax:+61 2 9708 2912
www.gcg.com.au
Est 1979

they are testing you. making sure you are for real befor they commit time to talking to you about it.

i do it all the time. put up a slightly over the top price straight away, because in most cases the first questions is "how will BLAHH BLAHH BLAHH cost" it quickly sorts out the dreamers from the people who are for real...

because beleive it or not we are bussy people and our time is worth money, spending an hour talking to some one about something they have no money to do is not time well spent.

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
Mr_Soul wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
soulfire wrote:

well you know there a cheap kits available that still perform well and so on like the twin turbo kit from snort performance....for the BA its 5or 6K for parts....might mod the components list a lil....then labour, better EMS could almost do it all for round 12K ad that a pretty awesome TT kit.....supercharger looking round 10K so yeh depends what u want.

There's no point running 2 3540's because the lag that you'd get running two of them would suck. The whole point of twin turbo is to give the same power as a bigger than normal single turbo without as much lag, well that's how i understand it anyway.

And downing, it's a turbo, of course it's going to have a little lag, my point was it doesn't have much... besides, you be a real man and buy a manual and launch it at full boost :p.

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

soulfire wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
Mr_Soul wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
soulfire wrote:

There's no point running 2 3540's because the lag that you'd get running two of them would suck. The whole point of twin turbo is to give the same power as a bigger than normal single turbo without as much lag, well that's how i understand it anyway.

And downing, it's a turbo, of course it's going to have a little lag, my point was it doesn't have much... besides, you be a real man and buy a manual and launch it at full boost :p.

It's my old mans and if the T5 behind the BA XR6T wasn't such a dog and if the sequential auto wasn't so bloody brilliant, he probably would have "been a man" and bought a manual. EL boy :lol:

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:22 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

NSW, Australia

why not 1 T6 turbo and a nice 15pound Capa SC , thats 1 other option to play around with .

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey short of the odd clunk when changing gears the T5 is alright :p - I drove a 5 speed manual xr6t and didn't see the problem with it...
And for the last time sequential auto is gay! :p. Well i have nothing to back that up, but I for one just really hate sequential shifting. I prefer the old "D 3 2 1" lol. Just feels like driving a manual car in gran turismo, which i hate. Always forget what gear i'm in and s**t :p.
EF boy :p.

Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

soulfire wrote:
Hey short of the odd clunk when changing gears the T5 is alright :p - I drove a 5 speed manual xr6t and didn't see the problem with it...
And for the last time sequential auto is gay! :p. Well i have nothing to back that up, but I for one just really hate sequential shifting. I prefer the old "D 3 2 1" lol. Just feels like driving a manual car in gran turismo, which i hate. Always forget what gear i'm in and s**t :p.
EF boy :p.

Yeah, shifting manually in GT4 sucks balls, for sure :D

Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The 6sp man is a nice feeling box, dunno what the 5sp is like

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 6  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next