Fordmods Logo

Twin Turbo BA XT? 

Page 4 of 6 [ 86 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

I know you said you want a show/strip car, but, i would rather whack a SC on it, and then keep it road legal! Put in those sway bars you were talking about, get some big bertha brakes out of a GT or something (see FTG on here) and keep it as a bloody quick street car. You will have way more fun with a street car that you can take to a track than a show car!

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT FALCON (2003)

QLD, Australia

yeah opted out for a SC 7,500 for an 8PSI one from CAPA... looking to order it in the next few weeks.

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:59 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

That's using the old noggin ;)
Much better, and more realistic, option IMO.
You should be looking at around 200rwkw at least on 8psi.
Out of interest, which blower is it?
Vortech or Powerdyne?

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Vortech..

And if i get a SC instead of a TT setup i can use the extra money for Leather interior and bodykit

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

Mr_Soul wrote:
Vortech..

And if i get a SC instead of a TT setup i can use the extra money for Leather interior and bodykit

No offence, but if you can afford a BA XT, a supercharger installation, leather and a bodykit, why wouldn't you just buy an XR6 Turbo or an XR8 in the first place?

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Have you looked into the legalities... engineering?

I cant see why you dont trade it in for an XR6T

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

you will still need an LSD and tremec 6sp...

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

downingj wrote:
Mr_Soul wrote:
Vortech..

No offence, but if you can afford a BA XT, a supercharger installation, leather and a bodykit, why wouldn't you just buy an XR6 Turbo or an XR8 in the first place?

Where is the fun in that? anyone can buy an off the shelf car... i want my to be unique... I could have gone out and bought an F6 Typhoon if i wanted to.. but the main thing is doing it up will be my hobby and at the end of the day i can stand back and say that i made this falcon from a stocker to a rocker...

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:40 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA FALCON

QLD, Australia

Mr_Soul wrote:
downingj wrote:
Mr_Soul wrote:
Vortech..

Where is the fun in that? anyone can buy an off the shelf car... i want my to be unique... I could have gone out and bought an F6 Typhoon if i wanted to.. but the main thing is doing it up will be my hobby and at the end of the day i can stand back and say that i made this falcon from a stocker to a rocker...

true that, but if i had the money i wouldnt have got a stock, i didnt want an xt, wanted an xr at least, but i settled for a futura cos they r basically as good in interior as xr. but you could have got a typhoon and made that extremely super duper! haha. btw, i'll be heaps curious as to how your car comes along in progress cos i have similar plans for mine. would be good to work together and share thoughts with this project.

CAM860 - White BA 05 Futura, GT bodykit, Cobra badges, BSA 18" mags, Altezza tail lights, Lower bumper forced pod induction

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Mr_Soul wrote:
downingj wrote:
Mr_Soul wrote:
Vortech..

No offense, but there isnt really anything unique about off the shelf supercharger kits either.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah sounds good to me Cam... i'm probably going to need pointers on certian issues... and vise versa... at least your in the same state so QLD suppliers will be the goer...

Your right i should have bought a XR or the Typhoon. due to i have enuf to buy one outright. but it would take the fun out of doing a XT up... and at least this way i can choose what goes into it and mod it the way i want... without Voiding the warrenty.

Please refer to my other threads also for more of my ideas...

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28525

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28072

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
Mr_Soul wrote:
downingj wrote:
Mr_Soul wrote:
Vortech..

No offense, but there isnt really anything unique about off the shelf supercharger kits either.

Yeah realise that... but i can put in the Cams i want, the SC that i want and things along those lines... but i would be impressed if anyone off of here has built there own SC or Turbo... just cause it is redundant to do so cost wise...

Alto i have been doing alot of work with my uncle on his hot rod building that up from an engine block and it is 10% more rewarding than just going and buying a prefab one.

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Very true about the warranty, that part sucks... but think about resale value, an XT will always be an XT, but a Typhoon or GT...

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Mr_Soul wrote:
Yeah realise that... but i can put in the Cams i want, the SC that i want and things along those lines... but i would be impressed if anyone off of here has built there own SC or Turbo... just cause it is redundant to do so cost wise...

Alto i have been doing alot of work with my uncle on his hot rod building that up from an engine block and it is 10% more rewarding than just going and buying a prefab one.

hehe - im not saying that you should start by building your own supercharger/turbo, but if you have the $$$ and want to be different then maybe look at something custom like a KB blower. Youll need get brakets made and custom belt setup, but its only been done a few times before and it will be unique in that the average person cant just walk in, drop some $ on the counter and walk out with the same kit.

So yeah, go see your uncle and see what he can come up with.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yeah but at the end of the day i'm not planning on selling it in a hurry... and it is like having computers as a hobby... the devalue rapidly as well... to me it is a hobby. and something that i enjoy doing... and besides i think nicco would be eyeing it off if i ever decided to sell :P

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 6  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next