Fordmods Logo

twin turbo + twin supercharger eb 

Page 2 of 6 [ 87 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: VL RB30E

VIC, Australia

ok im thinking of just doing the bmw now what does every one think, in after a more ckassy car as the business i am going into what do people think check out my gall to see the bmw model im getting

Spooling soon...

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ahh stuff it i just wont do my bmw up besides a zorst, snd sys, and lowwered

Spooling soon...

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

im 17, but im no airhead :?
good to see your only starting with small goals hey?

just cause this topic is goin nowwhere, ill tell you my plans, install the cam I just recieved, chip, and LSD into the Ef. then stop spending money on the 95 model falcon which will never get the money i have spent on it when i sell it.
Im thinking of buying an XY falcon V8 in the next couple of years, putting it in the shed, rubbing it back, spraying the whole thing black with silver stripes, convo pros, shaker/front spoiler, nice streetable 351 clevelend (400hp would be nice), something which will get me a bit of money back.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:25 am 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

Thread cleaned up - Ok, firstly we are on here due to out common interest - modifications to our cars...lets not get off track - keep it objective people...we dont' care how 'well off' we all are !

Secondly - Marmo...people take the time to share their experience and knowledge (ok some are opinions), but nonetheless it is at least insight to take on board for considering such a project, so changing your ideas half way through this thread shows that you have A) not researched this enough and B) have wasted people's time.

My advice - you would be happy with a single positive displacement blower on your EB I6 - look at a rising rate fuel regulator, add some extractors and hi flo cat to your cat back zorst and perhaps look at an EMS unit for computer management.

When you're ready to go shopping and begin installation...I'm sure some of the guys on here who have ACTUALLY seen through similar installations will be able to offer their advice upon specific questions you may field.

Keep it on topic please.

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ok thank-you.

Spooling soon...

Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

NSW, Australia

Andrew J wrote:
Youre 17, and you think that youre going to have a twin turbo twin SC setup? Dont let me doubt you or anything, but try for something a little easier and/or cheaper. At 17 everyone has dreams of these things, yet money doesnt come easily. I wish you luck, but there arent many out there that fulfill their dreams as a 17 year old

I gotta agree ,especially with only 10G to spend you may be able to prepare the bottom end :lol: :lol:

IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Surf these forums...Look into links etc...Info won't come to you, you have to chase it too...Like p***y...

http://www.turbomustangs.com/forums/

http://www.corral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=310

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:47 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

VIC, Australia

Renault build a 2.0ltr rally car with supercharger/turbo charger combo.
It was a 4wd rocket with no turbo lag to speak of.
The supercharger had a electro-clutch to disengage it when the turbo had spooled up and clever plumbing with read valves to effectively remove the supercharger from the intake plumbing and reduce intake losses when it wasn't boosting :)

I have seen books that have sketches of the intake ducting for this above beast and it is a plumbers nightmare.

Getting the fueling right shouldn't be any harder than a single turbo install
but the intake plumbing and making it efficiant will drive you nuts.
You will also be driven nuts when you need to service something :)

Good luck.

Cheers.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

lol who draged this up :P

yeah the eb had a crash so its no longer being done
i may still do the project using only a single sc-14 and a gt35/40 on a rb-30 engine into my vl, with a rb25det head but as people say its all money and have been wasting alot of it, so plans are a bit on hold.

i only have about 4g left and pretty much im just going to get my vl looking pimp and get rid of all the f**k around rice lol, any way it will just be a jet black respray with smoothed bumpers, smoothed door locks, smoothed ant, calais front and rear. vz ss indicators for the qtr panels, dumped but dont wont to get rims yet, well i would love too but i will get the fourced induction first, for starters i will be running just a stock t3 turbo and upgrade later to a high mount and gt35/40,

its jsut a bit hard atm do get it all done due to doing renovations and doing year 12 at the same time i dont have much spare time, will try and get another job to get some extra money for the car

also i have talked to some guys that have done twin charger set upes before and they did it this way
air filter - turbo - tb - supercharger - intercooler - plenum

theres also another one that is doing it this way atm

air filter - turbo - supercharger - intercooler - bypass valve - tb- plenum

the later is a much better set up, as it has instant boost as soon as u put ur foot done, when u have the tb infront of the sc, its restricting it and building up heat as well as running the piping pretty empty anyyway hope to up date u guys soon on how it gos, the car is getting its ext done in sep

Spooling soon...

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: eb falcon s series 2

NSW, Australia

can u have the s/c spinning the turbo?

what i mean is instead of the sc prividing air to the engine have it blowing the turbine. like the exhaust gas...which would increase spool speed right???

correct me if im wrong though....

‮‮

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah, it would but not really, the whole idea of the twin charger set up is that postive displacemnt superchargers aint as goood up high, but turbos are, and because positived displacement is a compressure not a blower its always on boost so what u do is pretty much have it so that u can just slap a really really big turbo on and not have any lagg at all, i know the gt35/40 is not huge but its really the best priced turbo imo as i can get em for 1799 brand new with warenty

Spooling soon...

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

bentles_eb wrote:
can u have the s/c spinning the turbo?

what i mean is instead of the sc prividing air to the engine have it blowing the turbine. like the exhaust gas...which would increase spool speed right???

correct me if im wrong though....

also hot air takes up more space, so the sc out let is not extremly hot, so it wont be as efective, but hte supercharger does end up getting to the turbo in way after it gos into the engine

Spooling soon...

Post subject: HKS Twin Charger
Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

You nay want to look at the HKS "twin charger" kits for the 4AGZE Toyota's (MR2 and Corolla) for some inspiration.

But honestly for best results, just stick with a simple well designed single turbo setup. Will probably save you a bit of cash in the long run too...

Post subject: Re: HKS Twin Charger
Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

xr8ute wrote:
You nay want to look at the HKS "twin charger" kits for the 4AGZE Toyota's (MR2 and Corolla) for some inspiration.

But honestly for best results, just stick with a simple well designed single turbo setup. Will probably save you a bit of cash in the long run too...

i think the 4agze is the engine that the supercahred i may use come of the sc-14, so is it just a kit like has turbo exhuast manifold and piping ?
what way do they mave it orderd?

Spooling soon...

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

the 4agze runs the sc-12 supercharger which is way too small for any 4l. the sc-14 is off the 1g-gze 2l motor. Like the other have saidspemd the money on a singal gt3540 and what evers left on a bullet proof bottom end, nice head and gearbox and you'll be alot better off. For example tufed6 which i think is running a 3540, 620rwhp and 10 second quarters. In the end its your decision though, if you do go supercharger and turbo, dont use the pissy toyota ones, use a decent one.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 6  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next