Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: warning to all turbo owners
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:00 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Matt_jew wrote:
Unfortunately this isnt the first story of people having the same type of dealings with Rapid......................

And the trouble is with Rapid, it won't be the last.

Some of the stories that could be told would make your hair stand on end.

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:25 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA Ford Falcon V8 Ute

QLD, Australia

well how about all the people that got burned get together and go to current affair and report him there ?

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

gunna wrote:
well how about all the people that got burned get together and go to current affair and report him there ?

Why not do research into the company your buying from before spending your hard earned? Hell, I've put in 50+hrs of research for injectors alone, let alone other parts needed for the Modular conversion into the AU.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:14 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

i did but there is no where saying that he does not know what he is doing .have a look at his web site it looks very good ,way better than most turbo shops .he is very friendly on the phone ,and seams to know what he is talking about .if i would spend 50 hours researching every part that i buy then i would be in the grave before i would finnish the car .even then how do you know that you have done the right thing ?same as when i got the diff build i went with the dearest guy ($3050)that got recommended by lots of people ,and still did not get what i ordered .when i picked it up it was the wrong ratio ,and all they said this would suit me better .on the way home it was noisy from 55 klm -95 klm .when i phoned they said its my tyres .the original diff had no noise (only the bearings were stuffed .i also asked for my original gears back but they could not find them when i picked up the ute .what i am trying to do here is so that no one else gets burned ,and that everyone knows about this s**t head .if there was a warning about this guy i would not have been burned myself ,how can i research some one that has no bad reputation ? and most people that do a bad job do not stay open for long but it seems he has gotten away with it for to long .hope you get what i am trying to do now

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:34 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Why not do research into the company your buying from before spending your hard earned? Hell, I've put in 50+hrs of research for injectors alone, let alone other parts needed for the Modular conversion into the AU.[/quote]
maybe one day you will buy something that is wrong and then you will understand what i am doing this for .i do not mean this in a bad way so do not get me wrong .but it is frustrating when i here comments like yours .

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

gunna wrote:
Why not do research into the company your buying from before spending your hard earned? Hell, I've put in 50+hrs of research for injectors alone, let alone other parts needed for the Modular conversion into the AU.

maybe one day you will buy something that is wrong and then you will understand what i am doing this for .i do not mean this in a bad way so do not get me wrong .but it is frustrating when i here comments like yours .[/quote]
My point was, a flashy website doesn't make a good company. Research the company and responses from customers to find out what they are like, and you get an indication of if you should deal with them or not.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:28 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

wow how hard is ,there are no bad reports about the guy ,so how does anyone that has not dealt with him now that he is a bad business man . look you obviously still do not get what i am trying to do here .it sounds like that all the people before me that got burned did not care about it and left it at that ,but i actually give a s**t about it .i just do not want to here more people get ripped off like i did (SO THEY DO NOT HAVE TO SPEND 50 hours or so researching who they are dealing with :lol: .i have asked on this web page for people to come forward that have been burned ,but no one has .so if i would have asked is this a reputable dealer no one would have replied ether . no mater if i would have spend 51 hrs researching ,i still would not have found nothing .but you made me think why bother about it let some one els deal with it .it would be funny to here someone els go through what i went through .thats how i feel the other people have said to them self ,instead of acting to shut this guy down or at least warn people .its to late for me i do realise that .

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2006 BF XR8 Boss 260

New Zealand

gunna wrote:
wow how hard is ,there are no bad reports about the guy ,so how does anyone that has not dealt with him now that he is a bad business man . look you obviously still do not get what i am trying to do here .it sounds like that all the people before me that got burned did not care about it and left it at that ,but i actually give a s**t about it .i just do not want to here more people get ripped off like i did (SO THEY DO NOT HAVE TO SPEND 50 hours or so researching who they are dealing with :lol: .i have asked on this web page for people to come forward that have been burned ,but no one has .so if i would have asked is this a reputable dealer no one would have replied ether . no mater if i would have spend 51 hrs researching ,i still would not have found nothing .but you made me think why bother about it let some one els deal with it .it would be funny to here someone els go through what i went through .thats how i feel the other people have said to them self ,instead of acting to shut this guy down or at least warn people .its to late for me i do realise that .

There is actually a history of this guy Chris @ Rapid. Across several forums going back several years.

Current...
XY Faker Project...
EL XR6 Work Hack...

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:33 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

can you tell me them so i can do more research for my case with the fair trade people .thanks for any info regarding this pm me if you want

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2006 BF XR8 Boss 260

New Zealand

Not sure if this follows forum rules - feel free too delete mods...

Just a couple I found real quick. People seem to have hit and miss with this guy, he's either completely awesome or completely crap. Just pointing out I have not dealt with him have only just seen various posts during my travels...

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread ... id+systems
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread ... id+systems

Current...
XY Faker Project...
EL XR6 Work Hack...

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:42 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

thanks mate i have found only good thinks about the guy

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:51 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

they both are from a different web site not from ford mods .but still good to know mate, thanks for the info .you have been the first one to help me out this way .thats one step closer to my goal .

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

gunna wrote:

In my case, I've spent time researching because I need something to cover multiple fuels, AND an injector that doesn't clog when faced with MTBE. But once I found the Injector I'm using, I then researched suppliers to find one that had a good reputation.

As Deff showed, it isn't hard to find bad reviews about Rapid Systems, and I've found that with a few suppliers I looked at.

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:51 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

doesn't mater mate ,even with research you can still get done, and if they got a good reputation .did you read about my diff ?.i do not want to keep arguing with you sorry mate i just want to get on with what i started here .thanks for understanding my needs .

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:54 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

sorry mate 67rce can you find me some from this web site that would really help .because i have tried but was unable to find any .thanks for helping out mate

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next