Fordmods Logo

Whats Required? 

 

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:50 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 197

Joined: 24th Nov 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: vs cluby,elxr6t

Location: Frankganistan
VIC, Australia

josho89 wrote:
thanks for all the help guys, kind of getting different opinions but its good to see what people have to say. I have creamed myself reading up on Pyroay and as id love to own it and drive it i think that not building it takes half the fun away!!!
As with cost im looking at!!! people dont laugh yet but what kind of setup can i get from $5g not including extractors n zuast.
Thanks again
Josh


i think it could be done if you did alot of the work yourself.
just a quick tally.
-snort stage 2 kit $3000
-Injectors $450
-second hand Computer $800
-Walbro in tank pump $150
-Cooler piping $600
-Tune $300
so $5,300 and thats if you wire it all yourself and install all the gear.
But extras you may want such as boost gauge, turbo timer, boost controller would all be extras.
but id definately say for $5-$6k you could get 250rwkw.

 

_________________

wish i had bigger wheels.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3505

Joined: 1st May 2005

Ride: EB Fairmont

Location: Northern Suburbs, Adelaide
SA, Australia

ISQUIK wrote:
josho89 wrote:
thanks for all the help guys, kind of getting different opinions but its good to see what people have to say. I have creamed myself reading up on Pyroay and as id love to own it and drive it i think that not building it takes half the fun away!!!
As with cost im looking at!!! people dont laugh yet but what kind of setup can i get from $5g not including extractors n zuast.
Thanks again
Josh


i think it could be done if you did alot of the work yourself.
just a quick tally.
-snort stage 2 kit $3000
-Injectors $450
-second hand Computer $800
-Walbro in tank pump $150
-Cooler piping $600
-Tune $300
so $5,300 and thats if you wire it all yourself and install all the gear.
But extras you may want such as boost gauge, turbo timer, boost controller would all be extras.
but id definately say for $5-$6k you could get 250rwkw.


s**t didnt read it properly.

 

_________________

Doin it for Scotty.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2515

Joined: 27th Mar 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

ISQUIK wrote:
josho89 wrote:
thanks for all the help guys, kind of getting different opinions but its good to see what people have to say. I have creamed myself reading up on Pyroay and as id love to own it and drive it i think that not building it takes half the fun away!!!
As with cost im looking at!!! people dont laugh yet but what kind of setup can i get from $5g not including extractors n zuast.
Thanks again
Josh


i think it could be done if you did alot of the work yourself.
just a quick tally.
-snort stage 2 kit $3000
-Injectors $450
-second hand Computer $800
-Walbro in tank pump $150
-Cooler piping $600
-Tune $300
so $5,300 and thats if you wire it all yourself and install all the gear.
But extras you may want such as boost gauge, turbo timer, boost controller would all be extras.
but id definately say for $5-$6k you could get 250rwkw.


with cost of insurance due to your age as a consideration and also considering if something f**k up i would definately say dont go the forced induction route. For $1000 you can get full exhaust, $1700 cam and headwork (cms st3), $1000 or less manual conversion and then 2nd hand computer and tune and you will be under $5grand, should see atleast 150rwkw and your insurance shouldnt increase :D where's with a turbo for 18 year old its like 3000 plus for full comp :roll:

plus i thought in victoria they were really strict on turboing cars and emissions testing etc??? :?

 

_________________

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 3406

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Ride: AU2 Ute

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

skidder wrote:

with cost of insurance due to your age as a consideration and also considering if something f**k up i would definately say dont go the forced induction route. For $1000 you can get full exhaust, $1700 cam and headwork (cms st3), $1000 or less manual conversion and then 2nd hand computer and tune and you will be under $5grand, should see atleast 150rwkw and your insurance shouldnt increase :D where's with a turbo for 18 year old its like 3000 plus for full comp :roll:

plus i thought in victoria they were really strict on turboing cars and emissions testing etc??? :?


150rwkw is just fcking gay.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 1279

Joined: 5th Apr 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Toyota Supra RZ

Location: Burwood Nights
VIC, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
150rwkw is just fcking gay.


haha
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:08 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 197

Joined: 24th Nov 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: vs cluby,elxr6t

Location: Frankganistan
VIC, Australia

lol, i thing you dont do is tell vic roads u have a turbo. that would be a stupid thing to go and do.
go strap on a hairdryer you'll never look back.

 

_________________

wish i had bigger wheels.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2515

Joined: 27th Mar 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
skidder wrote:

with cost of insurance due to your age as a consideration and also considering if something f**k up i would definately say dont go the forced induction route. For $1000 you can get full exhaust, $1700 cam and headwork (cms st3), $1000 or less manual conversion and then 2nd hand computer and tune and you will be under $5grand, should see atleast 150rwkw and your insurance shouldnt increase :D where's with a turbo for 18 year old its like 3000 plus for full comp :roll:

plus i thought in victoria they were really strict on turboing cars and emissions testing etc??? :?


150rwkw is just fcking gay.


so is $3600 a year with $1200 excess for full comp insurance :roll:

 

_________________

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 564

Joined: 16th Apr 2006

Ride: EBII

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Ah geez, $3600 a year insurance, the 5k budget just gets blown out of proportion.

 

_________________

Back in an E series!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 3406

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Ride: AU2 Ute

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

As if you would comprehensively insure an E series anyways. Own it for 2 years and you could have bought another with the insurance costs.

3rd party is the only way to go on POS cars like E series.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 564

Joined: 16th Apr 2006

Ride: EBII

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

I choose full comprehensive, my reason? My cousin bought an eb, had t5, relatively low k's..........3rd party, hit a lexus.....paid the excess off, and ended up selling the car to me for $200.....I was happy, but yea, :P

 

_________________

Back in an E series!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 197

Joined: 24th Nov 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: vs cluby,elxr6t

Location: Frankganistan
VIC, Australia

Whiteknight1 wrote:
I choose full comprehensive, my reason? My cousin bought an eb, had t5, relatively low k's..........3rd party, hit a lexus.....paid the excess off, and ended up selling the car to me for $200.....I was happy, but yea, :P


wheres ur point? t5's are a dim a dozen, eb's there giving them away.
its not worth spending heaps of money on insururing a heap of s**t.
why bother unless your car is worth more than 20k or ur a s**t house driver why get full comp.

 

_________________

wish i had bigger wheels.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6166

Joined: 8th May 2007

ISQUIK wrote:
[why bother unless your car is worth more than 20k or ur a s**t house driver why get full comp.


I dont understand your point?

I pay under $500 a year on full comp and am covered for $4400 PLUS mods. Whats wrong with having some coverage in case some broke wanker smashes into my pride 'n joy?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:08 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 564

Joined: 16th Apr 2006

Ride: EBII

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

If you read what you quoted, you would see my point... My cousin crashed his car, he had to pay just over a grand in excess.... and got $200 back.....because I bought the wreckage off him. He is a Uni student, without comprehensive, he is left without a car/insurance money to help find another.

There are people out there who's insurance needs are different to your own.

 

_________________

Back in an E series!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:50 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 64

Posts: 3552

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

Location: Penrith
NSW, Australia

Was this thread about insurance and economics...
If it was then buy a Corolla and invest in real estate... Don't leave money in bank, buy shares IN THE bank...
Yes as boreing as s**t....The question is whats required ?? Not all this crap...

 

_________________

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:52 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 64

Posts: 3552

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

Location: Penrith
NSW, Australia

Was this thread about insurance and economics...
If it was then buy a Corolla and invest in real estate... Don't leave money in bank, buy shares IN THE bank...
Yes as boring as s**t....The question is whats required ?? Not all this crap...
This is a car forum not a moral, investment forum....

 

_________________

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:24 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names