Fordmods Logo

Whats Required? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EBII

NSW, Australia

It's slightly at a tangent from topic, but helps the person asking the question. There are kids out there who buy cars and then later realise, ahh.......I cant actually get this car insured.

And yea, can't buy a corolla........already own 5 cars :D

Back in an E series!

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ea 5 spd

SA, Australia

U CAN turbo ya car cheaper than that!! but ya push the limits and life of ya motor lol!!

but if ya spend the money on after market management u will b fine!!!!!

mods: pacemaker extractors, 2.5in red back ,lowered with pedders 17" rims, extreme h/d ceramic clutch, 3.45 ef lsd, and rear brakes, clear indicators, ef thermo's, stage 2 crow (daily)

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Whiteknight1 wrote:
It's slightly at a tangent from topic, but helps the person asking the question. There are kids out there who buy cars and then later realise, ahh.......I cant actually get this car insured.

And yea, can't buy a corolla........already own 5 cars :D

There are kids out there who finance into cars and cannot afford it either...
If you have five cars ?? Having another that's cheap to run would save you more.. Plus having 5 cars is costing you heaps in insurance and rego...That's if you practice what you preach ???

Sure somme cars are only worth $1200 .. But you have start somewhere... Pay original car loan off then turbo if you want...
Don't let anyone who may not have achieved anything put you off...
Put it down to learning experiance.. While you learn about fabrication etc...Buy a mig welder and angle grinder and go from there....

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Another thats cheap to run, check out my sig, thats where "honda" comes in :wink:

Back in an E series!

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:24 am 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

VIC, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
67RCE wrote:
RedRoo wrote:
Dont buy pyroay, if it was so good then both owners wouldnt have sold it for a BA or are looking to sell it for a BA.

Not quite true I think it is very good.
I kept it for 7yrs and achieved everything I ever wanted to with it
and only sold it because I needed a UTE for my fireworks business. it is not just about power PYROAY has a lot more than that going for it depending on how much you value the best soundiung stereo inth e country and unique looks.

My wife has a BA turbo and again this is not because she wanted one but becasue it was part of a swap deal I did for PYROAY.

As for the current owner he is having some personal issues which lets just say require a dividing of the assets so that is his reason for selling, he cant tear the car in half.

Also a car with that much power is not as easy as a daily driver as some people might think. It runs smooth and has no issues but chews fuel (350km to 70litres of 98RON fuel) + oil change every 4,000km and for many people is not cost effective to maintain a vehicle like this.

After all that my advice would still be to get a BA turbo and chip it if you have $25k. You will get 240rwkw or reliable easy power with very little mods.

By the time you get an EL spend $12k on it to get the engine power + $4k strengthening the gearbox or auto you will be upto the same $25 with a lot more mods.

Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Last edited by pyroay on Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

This is ridiculous, i've had a big gap from when I joined fordmods till now, where I never visited the site for months on end. Back then, people were helpful, if you needed help, you got it, and now its full of tossers who have nothing better to do then put other peoples car's down. FFS Pyroay is in many peoples opinions THE car of fordmods, and without fail, it's copped a bagging from sombody with no idea (do they ever have an idea?).

Aaron, good on ya for keeping it cool, but fk ay, said it before, and i'll say it again, ausrotary.com is a much more friendly site.....and its members drive rotary's and congregate at McDonalds stores.........

Oh and to people saying, ea is s**t, eb is s**t ef, whatever........there are people out there that think that your pride and joy is a piece of s**t.......get my point? If sombody wants an EA, they can have an EA, no need for sombody to tell them that its s**t.

Back in an E series!

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Whiteknight1 wrote:
This is ridiculous, i've had a big gap from when I joined fordmods till now, where I never visited the site for months on end. Back then, people were helpful, if you needed help, you got it, and now its full of tossers who have nothing better to do then put other peoples car's down. .

Are you on crack?

The guy asks for advice on a turbo install and you give him advice on insurance, now you are saying that everyone else isnt helpful?

Whiteknight1 wrote:
FFS Pyroay is in many peoples opinions THE car of fordmods, and without fail, it's copped a bagging from sombody with no idea (do they ever have an idea?).

Aaron, good on ya for keeping it cool, but fk ay, said it before, and i'll say it again, ausrotary.com is a much more friendly site.....and its members drive rotary's and congregate at McDonalds stores.........

Are you saying that I have no idea or are you referring to someone else :?: Either way its amusing coming from someone offering insurance advice in a thread about someone trying to turbocharge his car. :roll:

Just for the record I think PYROAY is great but in comparison to a BA its high maintenance and nowhere near as good a car for a something that is driven daily.

Ive owned high powered, show quality cars before and its a PITA to keep them in mint condition. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone that needs to drive their car all of the time.

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Insurance was a valid point, if you want to turbo your car, and you want advice, one part is, can it be insured?

Crack? No. People like voxace dont even really come on here anymore, any guess why? You commented saying that E series was POS, and sombody dished it to PYROAY. Does that help the thread with turbo requirements? Yes I do whinge, but fk.......just fk.

Back in an E series!

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:19 pm 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

VIC, Australia

Whiteknight1 wrote:
PYROAY. Does that help the thread with turbo requirements? .

I think so.
My ending comment are IMO $12k to turbo one + $4k for drivline and transmission mods so IMO $16k to turbo one properly and get 300rwkw.

If he wants to do it, then budget that amount.

My experiences were around the same $$ as above and I had about 50,000km of trouble free operation @ 309rwkw as a daily drive.
Then did a piston and decided to re-do bottom end but perhaps with just a changed piston it could have done another 50,000.

Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Fair enough then, the man has spoken.

Dan, got no problems with you mate, just a bit cut that fordmods has declined a little.

Back in an E series!

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3