Fordmods Logo

WHITE SMOKE HELP!!!! 

Page 2 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: WHITE SMOKE HELP!!!!
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5 speed XG ute

SA, Australia

Haha. I like and agree with SWC comment... I'm only 17 and I like to make friends round here so i tend to agree with people who clearly know more than me lol.

Yep, I don't know what to write here...

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Ben-EA-1988 wrote:
not 100% on petrols but if you blow a turbo in a diesel it blows white smoke due to exhausting raw fuel, and oil can only pass if you snap the shaft

Totally different beast you are talking about.
A stuffed turbo on a diesel will cause white smoke due to the boost compensator on the injector pump getting dodgy signals which actually creates a lean condition. Not enough fuel in a diesel causes white smoke.
Too much fuel in a petrol creates black smoke.
Anyway Im failing to see how a turbo is affecting the fuel anyway seeing as though the fuel goes nowhere near the turbo.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EA Falcon

anything to do with oil burning is blue smoke. there is a difference between unburn fuel and raw fuel. blue is oil, black is un burnt fuel and white is raw fuel, and yes this is a bit off topic and is not the fix for this thread, but the turbo has everything to do wit fuel, due to boosting measured by the mapping and calculated injection rate

Last edited by Ben-EA-1988 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Ben-EA-1988 wrote:
anything to do with oil burning is blue smoke. there is a difference between unburn fuel and raw fuel. blue is oil, black is un burnt fuel and white is raw fuel, and yes this is a bit off topic and is not the fix for this thread, but the turbo has everything to do wit fuel, due to boosting measured by the mapping and calculated injection raate

Whilst you are correct in some points you are wrong enough to make a total f**k up of a diagnosis.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

Ben-EA-1988 wrote:
not 100% on petrols but if you blow a turbo in a diesel it blows white smoke due to exhausting raw fuel, and oil can only pass if you snap the shaft

Isn't raw diesel a black smoke?

Blue blooded.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

REW93N wrote:
Ben-EA-1988 wrote:

+1, good work on not reading the whole thread and seeing that EVL098 already stated that. D*ckhead.

Blue blooded.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

REW93N wrote:
Ben-EA-1988 wrote:

black smoke on diesels is cause by over fuelling, however if fuel gets into the exhaust without being burnt due to faulty injectors, wrong injector timing or low compression, it can cause a white smoke. however in ten years of working on diesels, every blown turbo ive seen has blown black or blue smoke

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

was only making a suggestion on my passed experiences with my trade with diesels so i withdraw my two cents

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

mate i wasnt having a go at you, if you look at my post i was actually backing up what you said. however i havent seen white smooke from a blown turbo, thats not to say it cant happen. blown turbo = less air in chamber which depending on size/condition of engine may lead to not enough compression to combust, which = raw/unburnt fuel to enter the exhaust and burn causeing white smoke.

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

im just saying the white smoke to me is nothing to do with oil and he said he cleaned if with carby cleaner so there shouldn't be degreaser still in the piping and if so the problem would be contant from the degreaser not intermittent, and not really thick, but thats just wat i think

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

EVL098 wrote:
Ben-EA-1988 wrote:

Totally different beast you are talking about.
A stuffed turbo on a diesel will cause white smoke due to the boost compensator on the injector pump getting dodgy signals which actually creates a lean condition. Not enough fuel in a diesel causes white smoke.
Too much fuel in a petrol creates black smoke.
Anyway Im failing to see how a turbo is affecting the fuel anyway seeing as though the fuel goes nowhere near the turbo.

yes i no this is different was just an example

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

just to add i havnt lost any power, havnt lost any boost, and there is no shaft play at all on the turbo, i know the difference between burnt oil and burnt fuel smell, if i had to say which this smoke smelled like i would def say oil.. like i said, its thick, mainly white, but mixed in is a bit of dirty grey and a tinge of blue, and once ive stopped and it starts, it doesnt go away until i drive off, i tested it by pulling up at the servo and leaving it smoke for about 20 mins, to see if it would go away, but it didnt, the origional amount comes out in copious amounts, then after a minute or two it just lingers consistently, and if u didnt know anything about cars u would just think it was heavy condensation coming out the exhaust, my mate asked his boss who works at a performance shop who builds off tap jap cars day in day out, reckons im blocking the oil drain somehow, as im on throttle oil pressure is high enough to push through the potentially partially blocked oil drain, BUT when i stop the oil pressure is too low to push past the blocked drain and is building up in the turbo, causing it to leak past the oil seal in the turbo, he said the harder u come on the throttle, the better the oil seals work, as they get pushed into there seated positions better, but when youve come to a stop they will not seat AS good, and because of that, a s**t oil seal, or too much oil building up in the turbo could sneak past the seal into the intake/ exhaust side of the turbo, and can cause my random dirty white, nearly bluey smoke puffing out, whilst im stopped, and explains why it goes away when i drive off....

whats everyone else think about that?

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:59 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Sounds like 67RCE was on the ball. 8-)

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

I'm gonna pull the turbo off on sat n check it out, If I ever figure out what it is ill post it up in the near future

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Could be suspect head gasket ??

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next