Fordmods Logo

will Stage 3 kill my car?! 

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: will Stage 3 kill my car?!
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

shane falcon futura wrote:
and som of those guy where impressed ,that the car is running a stock engine getting those numbers oops sorry did i say stock excuse me i mean it has a cam biger pistions and a computer and fuel system good enough for a space shuttle

According to your analogy a 600hp clevland is still stock, just because it has bigger pistons, crank, heads, cam, a block full of grout and a few other things still makes it stock to you? Are you for f**k real?

You want stock with a tune? Go look at the Lxx classes of drag racing both here and the states. The only mods allowed are a cam, valve springs and tune. Nothing else. These guys pull bigger numbers than your mates 80k drag cars and they have virtually unopened engines.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

I think we have established this guy doesn't know anything except what his tuner tells him...

Continuing to quote and point out the inconsistencies will achieve only result in further dribble.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:37 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: FG XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

yeah yeah, give me more i love it, so many people out there who know it all .they dont know me from a bar ,but they still bag u out any way ,,no mater what u say,oh and i asked old mate if he wanted his name mentioned his reply ,not a chance in hell to many wierdos on these internet websites ,,have to agree ,,not that all you guys are wierdos thou some of u give realy good answers to the most basic questions which is good ,alot of people dont know how to go about asking technical questions ..as for the rest any one can read up on any thing on here and think that they know whats what,some of u may be very good at what u do, doesnt mean that your the best at it. like i said u dont me, i might infact be a mechanic and have a degree in automotive electrical who knows but...well i do but thats not the point.. any way i not going to bother with it had my fun s**t stiring .....the question was will a stage 3 kill my car ,well dude its your car and your money do ur home work and see what works and what will fail at the end of the day its up to you mate good luck .......

BANNED

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:21 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

ok one more comment ..mate u just said that the xxxdrag engines are relitivly unopened and stock yes, so in saying that your more or less saying that u can buy an engine from the factory and then installing cams and valve train components ok does this then make the engine that u just bought stock or standard from the factory ,,,no as u just stated its had mods done to it .so the piont i was making be fore and iv asked a few fellow mechanics down at the shop if u have a standard engine then add fuel managment and electronics nothing internal such as valve train pistions etc does it make the engine non standard ...also u said a bout the cleavo ok is this engine a standard build engine from the factory that is sold in v8 fords yes or no..............

BANNED

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Mate, don't be a bigger f**k than you already are.

I said stock because the APSA defined it as stock when they wrote the rule book for unopened engines classes back in 2001. Don't sook now because its closer to stock than your mates 180kw s**t heap. I'd expect a 3 litre vl to make more than 180rwkw on 10 psi. Not a falcon which has 33% more air flowing through it. Actually more than 33% because its got bigger pistons and a more agressive cam profile. It should be pushing 250rwkw+ as a ballpark figure.

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:49 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

what did i say mate i said 180 ..PLUS what does plus mean ah well it dont mean less does it ah and for the record his drag car does low 7s down the quater and it is not i repeat( not in any way shape or form a standard engine) infact just the engine is worth 40 thousand dollars from the states full alloy block from what he and the rest of the guys say they usual get on this web site and there are som realy nice guys on here with sound info but after they read the repy old mate nearly choked on his beer and said just for u do u own and run a drag car if so how much a year does it cost u ............. and the ef i was talking about, is running again..ok here are the stats engine is a standard ef 4 ltr satndard cam all it has is a snort water oil cooled turbo ,xr6 turbo injectors ,3 inch exhaust ,it did have a walbro 041 fuel pump but changed to bosch 044 intank,obx vortech 12/1 fuel reg ..and it is all running on a standard computer doesnt have a chip or pigy back ,,they run the car up to 240 rwkw on 10 psi boost but its blown the head gasket for a engine thats done over 200,000 ks thats not to bad.they will be fitting a better gasket prob a steel one , i know after all that is said take all of the gear off the engine turbo ect it still a basic standard ef engine just with all the add ons ..so in your eyes if u think its a non standard car .yeah ok no point saying any thing is there. as for the stage three dude a mate of mine is running a stage three on his au 2 at the moment hasnt had any issues running on a standard engine but will be up grading the cam head gasket and aecu or chip to run over 10 psi ,,,,

BANNED

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

You do realise you would have saved yourself some serious embarrassment if you actually said that from the get to.
Have a look for the thread "ef ground up rebuild in 10 days". You remind me of that bloke.

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

shane falcon futura wrote:
what did i say mate i said 180 ..PLUS what does plus mean ah well it dont mean less does it ah and for the record his drag car does low 7s down the quater and it is not i repeat( not in any way shape or form a standard engine) infact just the engine is worth 40 thousand dollars from the states full alloy block from what he and the rest of the guys say they usual get on this web site and there are som realy nice guys on here with sound info but after they read the repy old mate nearly choked on his beer and said just for u do u own and run a drag car if so how much a year does it cost u ............. and the ef i was talking about, is running again..ok here are the stats engine is a standard ef 4 ltr satndard cam all it has is a snort water oil cooled turbo ,xr6 turbo injectors ,3 inch exhaust ,it did have a walbro 041 fuel pump but changed to bosch 044 intank,obx vortech 12/1 fuel reg ..and it is all running on a standard computer doesnt have a chip or pigy back ,,they run the car up to 240 rwkw on 10 psi boost but its blown the head gasket for a engine thats done over 200,000 ks thats not to bad.they will be fitting a better gasket prob a steel one , i know after all that is said take all of the gear off the engine turbo ect it still a basic standard ef engine just with all the add ons ..so in your eyes if u think its a non standard car .yeah ok no point saying any thing is there. as for the stage three dude a mate of mine is running a stage three on his au 2 at the moment hasnt had any issues running on a standard engine but will be up grading the cam head gasket and aecu or chip to run over 10 psi ,,,,

Mate, I know a few people who are quite well known and respecting in the drag circles. 7's are slow compared to these guys running 5.8's. $40k is pocket change for an engine in serious drag use.

It has XR6T injectors with no tune? how has it not glazed bores? obviously you don't know everything your claiming to know!

How is your mate with the AU getting it running on boost without any form of tuning? Are you aware that a standard AU TMAP cannot, I repeat, CANNOT handle reading positive pressure, and will call a halt to proceedings at 2psi!

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I found the thread in question.

Shane'o mate. If you're still here have a read of this

off-topic-f6/mates-el-xr6-from-ground-build-up-in-roughly-10-days-t80119.html?hilit=frd906

Describes you to quite well I think.

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Can a mod lock this s**t already?

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3