Wolf 3d help.. EF 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Wolf 3d help.. EF
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:05 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Falcon Futura

QLD, Australia

Hi,

Ive just turboed that Effie with a garret 35/40 and full 3 inch exhaust...

Ive just got a great deal on a Wolf 3d V4 and was wondering how to go about install.

For starters, im in brisbane, and cannot find anyone willing to give it a go. Since ive done most the work myself, and i have plenty of cars sitting out the front, ive decided to go about it myself.

After looking through the manual, the injectors, and sensors seem pretty straight foreward. However, since i have the coil pack happening, how the hell do i go about installing the coil pack with the wolf 3d V4. Ive been told i need V4+ for coil packs, but i really cant resist this good deal and go and buy a V4+ ... Apparently i need an igniter?? Not too sure.

So, Will i be better off simply getting a coil and dizzy into the EF?? Will that save me time and money, or will i be better off getting whatever parts i need for the coil pack??

Also, a few other little questions..

What parts do i need for the boost controller with the wolf for an external gate setup
What o2 sensor do i need to get A/F ratios on the hand controller?? And where can i get this from?

Thanks.. :)

Post subject: Re: Wolf 3d help.. EF
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

EF_STOCKO wrote:
Hi,

Ive just turboed that Effie with a garret 35/40 and full 3 inch exhaust...

Ive just got a great deal on a Wolf 3d V4 and was wondering how to go about install.

For starters, im in brisbane, and cannot find anyone willing to give it a go. Since ive done most the work myself, and i have plenty of cars sitting out the front, ive decided to go about it myself.

After looking through the manual, the injectors, and sensors seem pretty straight foreward. However, since i have the coil pack happening, how the hell do i go about installing the coil pack with the wolf 3d V4. Ive been told i need V4+ for coil packs, but i really cant resist this good deal and go and buy a V4+ ... Apparently i need an igniter?? Not too sure.

So, Will i be better off simply getting a coil and dizzy into the EF?? Will that save me time and money, or will i be better off getting whatever parts i need for the coil pack??

Also, a few other little questions..

What parts do i need for the boost controller with the wolf for an external gate setup
What o2 sensor do i need to get A/F ratios on the hand controller?? And where can i get this from?

Thanks.. :)

about the coil pack and the verion 4/4+ flick FPV_GTP a pm (Ivan) hes organised a few group buys for various wolf version and know quite bit bout em....see what he recommends u do or what info he can provide to help u out

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

id run a dizzy and crane hi-6 cdi unit.. bigger spark, excellent for boost

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EA2 'Mont

VIC, Australia

also look into m&w ignition's igniters (they work with a wolf) if you go with dizzy there are basically only three wires to connect - and these are also the igniter of choice of most v8 supercars teams who run motec ecu's.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

I should have kept the EB!!!

Cant you run the coils in the same way as the injectors with the regular version 4?

You wont need to get the 4 plus according to how I read the manual. Dual output multicoils.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

I am seriously contemplating dizzy.. Just for ease of installation.

I was told id need a cfi dizzy?? would there be any difference between the two?? I mean wouldnt a simple EL dizzy setup be the go??

And what exactly is the igniter? is it what tells the coil to spark at a certain time???

So am i right in saying i need an igniter for both coil packs and dizzy?? and wheres the best joint to get one of these babies??

Now with the installation, i have been told i need a filter for the hall sensor?? and also some crank pulley mods?? I always assumed that they just slotted straight on in with just the wiring to do??
I mean the injectors and sensors part seems to be sweet, but the ignition side of things has got me stumped.

Cheers fellas.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BF II XR6 Turbo Ute

VIC, Australia

the differance is the teeth for the hall afect sensor yeas use a cpfi one the igniter gets the signal from the ecu runs the coil sorta like a realy there is a lot of mucking around to get it to work trust me

No dose No Care

P.B of 12.2@118 with more in it!!!!

Formerly known as ebturb

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:35 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

So which setup??

I will stay coil packed if i can find the correct igniters to use??

Can i simply use the crank angle sensor as the ignition input??

I see that the installation guide has 3 igniters, going to 3 of the cyls and tehre opposites..

What Igniters Do I Need?? And do i need to mod the harmonic balencer??(so ive been told)

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EA2 'Mont

VIC, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
I should have kept the EB!!!

Cant you run the coils in the same way as the injectors with the regular version 4?

You wont need to get the 4 plus according to how I read the manual. Dual output multicoils.

looks like v4 can output to 3 coils... not 100% I forget now so if they are dual output multicoils it should be fine,

http://www.mwignitions.com/inductiv.htm

one of these should be able to do the trick with either coil pack or dizzy too I think

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

ok so one of those will handle the coil pack???

So how do i wire in the 3 outputs from the wolf???

If you look at the install manual, in section 4.3.4.5 it shows the diagram which has

output 1 from wolf --> Igniter 1 --> Dual coil pack 1
output 2 from wolf --> Igniter 2 --> Dual Coil pack 2
output 3 from wolf --> Igniter 3 --> Dual Coil Pack 3

Now, how will i get this to be

All 3 outputs --> 1 igniter(the mw looks good) --> coil pack

Also, is the crank angle sensor a suitable input for the ignition to the wolf?? what do i have to mod on the harmonic balencer?

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

PM FPV_GTP he knows all this s**t. The MW ignitor is his choice and that crank pulley doesnt need to be modified. Have a read through this thread, it has some info. http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19457

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]