Fordmods Logo

XR6T modifications 

 

Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 107

Joined: 25th Sep 2007

Power: 284 rwkw

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

car has stainless 3 inch system from turbo back, bigger cat.

 

_________________

XR6 Turbo, 20 inch wheels, citric acid, 300rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 595

Joined: 2nd Oct 2007

Power: 327 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Just booked my ute in for a stage 1 kit at BPT Motorsport and have order the plazmaman cooler and piping. should be good for 240rwkw they say. anyone else had experience with this setup? stage 2 and 3 will be going on in the coming few months.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 873

Joined: 9th May 2005

Ride: BA XR6T

Johnny C wrote:
Just booked my ute in for a stage 1 kit at BPT Motorsport and have order the plazmaman cooler and piping. should be good for 240rwkw they say. anyone else had experience with this setup? stage 2 and 3 will be going on in the coming few months.


if i were u mate, i would buy the cooler and piping, a set of injectors (siemens), a 12psi actuator, a K&N filter and a high flow cat and take it in and get it all done and tuned once, that way u r not paying for multiple tunes.

 

_________________

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 595

Joined: 2nd Oct 2007

Power: 327 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Just picked my ute up, got the stage 1 done. i love it, the plazmaman piping and cooler are paid for and on the way. My plan is to just go with the pump, injectors, actuator and full exhaust with a custom tune by christmas, see how it goes. More then likely a new clutch and ripshift will be needed. Great customer service with Terry and the team at BPT. Recommend em to anyone.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 595

Joined: 2nd Oct 2007

Power: 327 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Been driving my ute round for a couple of days with afor mentioned bits, I could here a noise as i get off the throttle just before my BOV goes, i've been lookin this up and have found it to be called "DOSE". I would have thought that I would not get this noise with the BOV in place? any ideas?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 886

Joined: 17th Aug 2005

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: VZ SS 6Ltr ute, Honda VFR800

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Johnny C wrote:
Been driving my ute round for a couple of days with afor mentioned bits, I could here a noise as i get off the throttle just before my BOV goes, i've been lookin this up and have found it to be called "DOSE". I would have thought that I would not get this noise with the BOV in place? any ideas?

The standard BOV probably doesnt flow enought air for your tune, so the air just goes back through the turbo. Mind you some people get ride of there BOV's as the sound of a DOSE is f**k AWSOME :lol:

 

_________________

My Cars
2006 VZ SS cammed 6Ltr ute 295rwkW
2004 BA XR6T - 290rwkW 12.5@113mph ( SOLD )
1996 EFII Fairmont - 130rwkW 15.5@91mph ( SOLD )

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 595

Joined: 2nd Oct 2007

Power: 327 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

ahh yeah, theres a thought, by adjusting the BOV harder or softer, will this allow a greater airflow? what are the effects of toying with the settings of the BOV?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 886

Joined: 17th Aug 2005

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: VZ SS 6Ltr ute, Honda VFR800

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Johnny C wrote:
ahh yeah, theres a thought, by adjusting the BOV harder or softer, will this allow a greater airflow? what are the effects of toying with the settings of the BOV?

Ummm I'm 99.92% sure you cant adjust the stock BOV...

 

_________________

My Cars
2006 VZ SS cammed 6Ltr ute 295rwkW
2004 BA XR6T - 290rwkW 12.5@113mph ( SOLD )
1996 EFII Fairmont - 130rwkW 15.5@91mph ( SOLD )

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 595

Joined: 2nd Oct 2007

Power: 327 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

yeh sorry, my bad, has a turbosmart BOV on there. not sure of the diametre of the thing but.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1775

Joined: 10th Jul 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

Location: Waurn Ponds
VIC, Australia

Can someone explain to a N/A bloke what a DOSE is?

 

_________________

enough isn't enough

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 873

Joined: 9th May 2005

Ride: BA XR6T

Mr.Kiss wrote:
he standard BOV probably doesnt flow enought air for your tune, so the air just goes back through the turbo. Mind you some people get ride of there BOV's as the sound of a DOSE is f**k AWSOME :lol:

the std bov works fine afaik, my mate is running 310rwkw through stock BOV, no dramas at all.

Johnny C wrote:
yeh sorry, my bad, has a turbosmart BOV on there. not sure of the diametre of the thing but.

if u have the stock crossover pipe it will 25mm i think :)

More Grunt wrote:
Can someone explain to a N/A bloke what a DOSE is?

SHHH TU TU TU TU TU like the VL's do.

 

_________________

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 595

Joined: 2nd Oct 2007

Power: 327 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

watch this. i'm not sure what actually causes it, from what i've picked up its just excess air the BOV isnt able to get rid of in time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWcQs5LH9E0

wait for it to spool up and yeah, you get the idea.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 873

Joined: 9th May 2005

Ride: BA XR6T

Johnny C wrote:
watch this. i'm not sure what actually causes it, from what i've picked up its just excess air the BOV isnt able to get rid of in time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWcQs5LH9E0

wait for it to spool up and yeah, you get the idea.


the dose is caused by not having a BOV at all...

 

_________________

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 595

Joined: 2nd Oct 2007

Power: 327 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

as in even taking off the standard one? so i've been thinking. if i soften my bov, that'll allow air to escape easier once its off boost and thus elimnating the DOSE sound and if i harden the BOV then i'll end up with more DOSE before the BOV has a chance to open. am i right?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4849

Joined: 19th Feb 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

some people f**k their turbo with too much dosing, BOV it for sure

 

_________________

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:44 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names