Fordmods Logo

XR6T modifications 

 

Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
 Post subject: XR6T modifications
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 107

Joined: 25th Sep 2007

Power: 284 rwkw

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

Hi Guys,

Had my XR6 turbo upgraded. Valve springs, injectors, exhaust. made a staunch 277rwkw.

If anyone wants standard turbo injectors for BA PM me.

Also I am going to get some new wheels for my car...22 inch. What are best to get?? Can anyone post pics of their ford with biggggg wheels??

My 20 inch wheels are also for sale, brand new condition, 5 spoke chromies fit AU-BA-BF. $2800, I paid $4000 for them. They are absolutely as brand new. Sydney area. PM me

 

_________________

XR6 Turbo, 20 inch wheels, citric acid, 300rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 5889

Joined: 2nd Mar 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: '14 Grand Cherokee

Location: Port Lincoln
SA, Australia

wow 22 inch is a fairly huge size... will they even fit?

 

_________________

11/93 ED OPT20 GLi | Full Boat Spec

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: XR6T modifications
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6166

Joined: 8th May 2007

XR6T citric wrote:
Hi Guys,

Had my XR6 turbo upgraded. Valve springs, injectors, exhaust. made a staunch 277rwkw.



Didnt they come with 240kw @ flywheel standard? And now with valve springs, bigger injectors and exhaust youve gained around 100kw @ flywheel?!!! :?

EDIT: just seen your sig..... 300 rwkw..... let me guess, K&N filter ? :wink:

Last edited by FordFairmont on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: XR6T modifications
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 4401

Joined: 25th Mar 2005

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
XR6T citric wrote:
Hi Guys,

Had my XR6 turbo upgraded. Valve springs, injectors, exhaust. made a staunch 277rwkw.



Didnt they come with 240kw @ flywheel standard? And now with valve springs, bigger injectors and exhaust youve gained around 100kw @ flywheel?!!! :?


The edit is what works the magic in these cars.

 

_________________

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 107

Joined: 25th Sep 2007

Power: 284 rwkw

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

I jumped the gun with my signature. the tuner promised 300rwkw. He reckons my 20 inch wheels at the moment cost me 20rwkw on the dyno??

Yeah it made 277rwkw on the dyno so about 350kw at the motor running 14psi and tapering off to 10psi up top.

What do you guys think this car would run??? mid 12s?

Im a bit poopy actually, i just sold a LS1 which made 281rwkw so I feel like im gonna be short on power.

I have the standard intake on it so maybe ill grab the typhoon intake snorkel and cut a whole in the airbox.

 

_________________

XR6 Turbo, 20 inch wheels, citric acid, 300rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 107

Joined: 25th Sep 2007

Power: 284 rwkw

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

anyone wanna buy a set of 20's. Im pretty sure 22s will fit as a friend of mine has them on a VL

 

_________________

XR6 Turbo, 20 inch wheels, citric acid, 300rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

XR6T citric wrote:
anyone wanna buy a set of 20's. Im pretty sure 22s will fit as a friend of mine has them on a VL
nice mods... 22 should fit.. with a bit of careful tyre sizing... but you will never sell the mags with out a description of the design of the rim/brand.. and pics...

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 107

Joined: 25th Sep 2007

Power: 284 rwkw

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

fair point.

If anyone is interested I can post a pic of my XR they are the rims for sale...

or PM your email address and ill send them on..

 

_________________

XR6 Turbo, 20 inch wheels, citric acid, 300rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

XR6T citric wrote:
fair point.

If anyone is interested I can post a pic of my XR they are the rims for sale...

or PM your email address and ill send them on..
post a pic of your ride in this thread so we can all see the mags you want to sell and we can also relate with a visual in regards to this thread about this car... :wink:

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: XR6T modifications
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 1798

Joined: 14th Jun 2006

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: FG 50th Anni G6E Turbo

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

fnp wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:
XR6T citric wrote:
Hi Guys,

Had my XR6 turbo upgraded. Valve springs, injectors, exhaust. made a staunch 277rwkw.



Didnt they come with 240kw @ flywheel standard? And now with valve springs, bigger injectors and exhaust youve gained around 100kw @ flywheel?!!! :?


The edit is what works the magic in these cars.


Sure is... Mind gained me some good power out of the NA! i wish i had a turbo :( :(
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3115

Joined: 20th Dec 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

6 cylinder workshop isn't the place for For Sale threads ;)

 

_________________

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 107

Joined: 25th Sep 2007

Power: 284 rwkw

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

because im a new member, does it let me post a pic???

Im happy to put it up..

 

_________________

XR6 Turbo, 20 inch wheels, citric acid, 300rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 107

Joined: 25th Sep 2007

Power: 284 rwkw

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

pics

 

 

Attachments:
f2.jpg
f2.jpg [ 299.92 KiB | Viewed 67 times ]
f4.jpg
f4.jpg [ 321.14 KiB | Viewed 250 times ]
f1.jpg
f1.jpg [ 276.33 KiB | Viewed 66 times ]
f1.jpg
f1.jpg [ 276.33 KiB | Viewed 83 times ]

 

_________________

XR6 Turbo, 20 inch wheels, citric acid, 300rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1775

Joined: 10th Jul 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

Location: Waurn Ponds
VIC, Australia

XR6T citric wrote:
I jumped the gun with my signature. the tuner promised 300rwkw. He reckons my 20 inch wheels at the moment cost me 20rwkw on the dyno??

Yeah it made 277rwkw on the dyno so about 350kw at the motor running 14psi and tapering off to 10psi up top.

What do you guys think this car would run??? mid 12s?

Im a bit poopy actually, i just sold a LS1 which made 281rwkw so I feel like im gonna be short on power.

I have the standard intake on it so maybe ill grab the typhoon intake snorkel and cut a whole in the airbox.



I think the fat torque spread will ensure it feels like its not down on power over the ls1.

 

_________________

enough isn't enough

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 886

Joined: 17th Aug 2005

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: VZ SS 6Ltr ute, Honda VFR800

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Mate you arent going to notice a 4KW differance... But if you arnt happy with the power readout just take it to another dyno workshop and get them to f**k around with the dyno settings to get 300rwKW :)
Plus, as More Grunt said your gonna have a lot more torque down low than what the LS1 had

Oh and your boost probably tappers off because you still have the std wastegate actuator. If you upgrade to say a 12psi one you should have no troubles.

What sort of exhast work got done???

 

_________________

My Cars
2006 VZ SS cammed 6Ltr ute 295rwkW
2004 BA XR6T - 290rwkW 12.5@113mph ( SOLD )
1996 EFII Fairmont - 130rwkW 15.5@91mph ( SOLD )

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:30 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names