Fordmods Logo

xr6t strange 40 second breakdown after hard boost. 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: xr6t strange 40 second breakdown after hard boost.
Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

frankieh wrote:

Firstly you have a custom tune... With higher boost then factory. They would have had to turn off the over boost protection or it would be over boosting every time you gave it a squirt. I know my tune has no over boost anymore.

Either way its easy as.. You won't have any problems mate.

Unless of course the overboost protection sequence was set at a value slightly higher than the tune value... ie 11psi tune with 11.5psi or higher overboost protection cutoff point, to prevent lean outs if something fails... like the actuator. I would have to ask the tuner I guess.

I like your confidence! I am ok with mechanical, if it comes apart I can put it back on. It's electrics that kill me. I spent electronics class at highschool making big pools of solder and then trying to form them into identifiable shapes, like animals or cars. I made an LED work once! Burnt myself a lot though.

I have a work mate who is willing to help me out installing it on Sunday. I just want to make sure I don't go cutting somewhere I shouldn't. It's an electronic gauge, so I'd rather do it once, do it right.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Grimketel wrote:
frankieh wrote:

Firstly you have a custom tune... With higher boost then factory. They would have had to turn off the over boost protection or it would be over boosting every time you gave it a squirt. I know my tune has no over boost anymore.

Either way its easy as.. You won't have any problems mate.

Unless of course the overboost protection sequence was set at a value slightly higher than the tune value... ie 11psi tune with 11.5psi or higher overboost protection cutoff point, to prevent lean outs if something fails... like the actuator. I would have to ask the tuner I guess.

I like your confidence! I am ok with mechanical, if it comes apart I can put it back on. It's electrics that kill me. I spent electronics class at highschool making big pools of solder and then trying to form them into identifiable shapes, like animals or cars. I made an LED work once! Burnt myself a lot though.

I have a work mate who is willing to help me out installing it on Sunday. I just want to make sure I don't go cutting somewhere I shouldn't. It's an electronic gauge, so I'd rather do it once, do it right.

good plan.. doubt you will have any troubles.. but if you do.. feel free to PM me. (or I can pm you my mobile if you'd prefer)

wanted to ask you a favour if that is ok.. look under your PCM (power-train control module in the engine bay) and tell me if it has 3 or 4 plugs under it. my crap memory means I can't remember if an NA has 3 plugs of which 2 are used and the turbo uses the extra plug or of the NA has 4 plugs of which only 3 are used. (This one has only 3 plugs)

This is a BF fairmont PCM I just scored..

Wondering if it could take the turbo tune.
Also, does your PCM start with 52CC like this one?

That will tell me if this PCM is suitable for converting my car to a BF electrically speaking.

Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Sorry for the late reply Frank, been ultra busy lately. I will get out and pop the cover off on the morrow.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Only has the three plugs as far as I can tell.

enough isn't enough

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2