Fordmods Logo

XR6T / Typhoon motor or turbo existing motor? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: XR6T / Typhoon motor or turbo existing motor?
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED GLi Classic

VIC, Australia

Just interested in people's opinions.

I have been planning to turbo my ED for a year or so, and now after thinking about what I plan to do, I am not sure which is better.

I have read that BA engine mounts are essentially the same as EA-ED mounts, and considering a Typhoon motor and other bits is around $10,000, I am wondering which is better to do.

The way I see it, the Typhoon motor would have less k's on the clock, and have everything I need, for just as much as the amount I would have to spend to do what I want to the existing motor in my ED.

So just wondering what other people think. Also, if anyone knows more about what's involved in fitting a BA motor to an EA-ED that would be great.

RIP Chelsea
96 EF2 Gli - T5 / Exedy / Wade 977b / P+P / JMM Extractors, 2.5" / Port matched BBM / and more
bmICE

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Heared of the seach function! how about you use it....
but to save you the trouble, and in the works of the castle...
your dreaming!

Post subject: Re: XR6T / Typhoon motor or turbo existing motor?
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:15 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

braidy wrote:

I have been planning to turbo my ED for a year or so, and now after thinking about what I plan to do, I am not sure which is better.

I have read that BA engine mounts are essentially the same as EA-ED mounts, and considering a Typhoon motor and other bits is around $10,000, I am wondering which is better to do.

The way I see it, the Typhoon motor would have less k's on the clock, and have everything I need, for just as much as the amount I would have to spend to do what I want to the existing motor in my ED.

So just wondering what other people think. Also, if anyone knows more about what's involved in fitting a BA motor to an EA-ED that would be great.

Dan just did a conversion of a ba engine into EA and now its getting final touches for the new ecu...... why dont u just save ur self from the Head F$ck and just save up and buy ur self a BA XR6 Turbo? and spend only about 2k and u get bout 280-300RWK

4LTR-JET: 9.1 @150mph!!

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
your dreaming!

Search button? What's that?

Of course I have. I searched.

RIP Chelsea
96 EF2 Gli - T5 / Exedy / Wade 977b / P+P / JMM Extractors, 2.5" / Port matched BBM / and more
bmICE

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

HiBoost wrote:
braidy wrote:

Dan just did a conversion of a ba engine into EA and now its getting final touches for the new ecu...... why dont u just save ur self from the Head F$ck and just save up and buy ur self a BA XR6 Turbo? and spend only about 2k and u get bout 280-300RWK

Because this ED will become a project car once I buy my BF XR6 on my 21st birthday. Was reading the thread about the EA just before. Just wasn't sure if the mounts were the same.

To answer my question though, what is involved?

RIP Chelsea
bmICE

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Braidy, have a read through this, to show you what you might need.

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... highlight=

And hiBoost, just remember with this set up, he'll be weiging in at 300kg less that a BA.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

braidy wrote:

Because this ED will become a project car once I buy my BF XR6 on my 21st birthday.

So your starting this conversion in 2 years when you get your BF? :?:

braidy wrote:
Was reading the thread about the EA just before. Just wasn't sure if the mounts were the same.

Do you have trouble reading? Its mentioned a few times in that thread. In fact I think its mentioned in the last 2 or 3 posts.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

braidy wrote:
Mitch_ wrote:
your dreaming!

well ya didnt do a good job! theres been the same post from diff people like 5 times this week!

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
braidy wrote:

Because this ED will become a project car once I buy my BF XR6 on my 21st birthday.

So your starting this conversion in 2 years when you get your BF? :?:

braidy wrote:
Was reading the thread about the EA just before. Just wasn't sure if the mounts were the same.

Do you have trouble reading? Its mentioned a few times in that thread. In fact I think its mentioned in the last 2 or 3 posts.

Yes, I'll do the conversion most likely once I buy the other car. It's called preparation, and I think it's a good idea.

It wasn't very clear to me. Unless you have something constructive to say, don't bother. The fact of the case is I made a new thread, and if people think I shouldn't, then why would you bother posting and filling up a supposedly useless thread with crap that doesn't help anyone? It just makes the search function more useless that it is.

RIP Chelsea
bmICE

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
braidy wrote:
Mitch_ wrote:
your dreaming!

well ya didnt do a good job! theres been the same post from diff people like 5 times this week!

That's great. I made a mistake then. Do you actually have anything constructive to put foward or are you just going to keep filling a supposedly useless thread with crap that doesn't relate to it?

RIP Chelsea
bmICE

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

im with him too many people do too much sookin arond he and not anoth gets done the searsch is ussless never has worked for me .....

um there was one for sale a while back with alot off pic off it very usefall pic om under bonet under car pretty much every thing only pic but it wil give you an idea( a pic tells a thounsand words) it was on autotrader dont no if its still there

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:52 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

braidy wrote:
HiBoost wrote:
braidy wrote:

Because this ED will become a project car once I buy my BF XR6 on my 21st birthday. Was reading the thread about the EA just before. Just wasn't sure if the mounts were the same.

To answer my question though, what is involved?

LOL, ill tell u one thing... u will get sick of it with all the problems u get with it.... mine is just killing me.....when i get the car back from Nick im selling it.... ill mostlikely just drive it home and just put it up 4 sale without getting re-attached to it again... it will cost u allot Finacially $$$$ and mentally (stress)... so be smart, thing ahead (Future) and just do what i said earlier.....

4LTR-JET: 9.1 @150mph!!

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

spaz ef wrote:
im with him too many people do too much sookin arond he and not anoth gets done the searsch is ussless never has worked for me .....

um there was one for sale a while back with alot off pic off it very usefall pic om under bonet under car pretty much every thing only pic but it wil give you an idea( a pic tells a thounsand words) it was on autotrader dont no if its still there

Use punctuation and spelling, okbecas sometimeswecan' tunderstand what f**k yourta lking about

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Blu Falc wrote:
spaz ef wrote:

Use punctuation and spelling, okbecas sometimeswecan' tunderstand what f**k yourta lking about

wot knt? alda brownted tono waz howto fit a DOHC donkinno a eseriesenjun bay

why alda s**t?

hahaha

too many rabbits in china

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:37 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

he should just buy yours lol

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next