260 boss not well 

Page 2 of 4 [ 48 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:11 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Ausman wrote:
i was always lead to believe the block was the same as the mustangs 4.6L but ran diff heads, crank, rods and pistons. well there ya go u learn something every day

Well you know I think everyone would be well advised to buy a Ford racing parts catalog which has a page that gives all the specs of Ford engines.
I think Ford are realising that this small bore business is hurting them. I mean it's all very well increasing deck height to allow for longer strokes but at the end of the day it makes the engine so physically huge that the benefits of the small bore(easier to get complete combustion and short engine length) become irrelevent. Of course the modular design started in the late '80's so as far as a modern production engine goes it's had a pretty long life.
I've found out some stuff about the new engine that's coming(not sure if it will appear in the Orion though) and it sounds pretty spectacular. I read an article in MM&FF about a drag car in the U.S. that's using one and the damn thing has already done a 9.1 @ 145!!! It's believed to be around 427ci and the race weight of 3300lb's suggests around 800hp! They are suggesting it has pushrods but strangely it has a timing cover that goes all the way up to below the rocker covers...could be some kind of cylinder decoupling mechanism in there though. This engine is double injected for running E85 ethanol too.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

eleanor wrote:
WOW and mine is new car warranty .my problem is i need it on the road asap for my work
that will be a problem,your going to use a lot of time to get it fixed, aca tv,ford direct,consumers\fair trading boards in your state,ford dealer who wants to listen,but as said they say no,take ford to court and advertise it-----warranty :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: this little gem will take time.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

Ausman wrote:
the last engine i did in a persuit had ss induction, throttle body and full pacey extractors and exhaust. dropped a timing chain tensioner and sent parts through the motor. took a while but fpv sent a new motor, all covered by extended warrenty. the short motor (block heads) came in at a nice $19000. i know fpv dont make the boss 290 motors any more, they basically have a stockpile left to see out the b series. getting an engine out of them was hard. i hope u get u'r engine replaced, but something doesn't seem right there.
Al
are they built tight,or loose--turn by hand with spanner,i have seen some that a 4 foot lever just turns them over with no plugs-6 and 8s

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:00 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: xr8 no.3 Au3 Ute

QLD, Australia

not that tight. the engines we recieved from ford are turnable, no need for a huge breaker bar. As for the new engines, well ford dont reveal much info even to us untill it has come out. so i cant give any facts. from what i know its pushrod and is due for the orion.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

shouldnt an exhaust system put less stress on the engine becuase its more free flowing???

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:38 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: bf xr8 ute & 67 fastback mustang

Power: 294 rwkw

SA, Australia

time i don't have. should i get it rebuilt my self and go them for cost after.

DRIVE HER STRAIGHT SIDEWAYS

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

hi mate, sorry to hear about your bad luck. have you spoken to fords head office-customer relationship centre? when a dumb s**t ford mechanic fuked my 5ltr a few months back i had heaps of trouble getting the ford dealer to fix it and once head office stepped in things started to move very quickly :shock: give 133673 a ring and see if they can offer you any help. id also suggest having a good chat with old mr herrod, he is a great bloke and has always helped me out in the past. he even rang my local ford dealer and riped into them for me and told them they are full of s**t, gee they didnt like that but it stopped them trying to lie to me. hope you get somwhere soon mate, good luck

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

just noticed your in s.a. kpm- kings park motorsport are a herrod dealer in s.a. and might be able to help you out if herrods wanted to take a look at it or anything like that.

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

OK how the fukc do u post photos .just keeps taking me to a white page

Post subject: Pic
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

VIC, Australia

I used to have the same problem its because the filesize is too large scale down the photo and all should be good. Cheers

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:09 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

talked to my service manager and foreman about it today. to replace an engine we must first put a Prior Approval in. ford then ask for things like service history, normally photocopy the service book and fax it through, when the Prior Approval is submitted there are sections with questiones like, any engine enhancements. there is also a notice saying any enhancements may cause the approval to be denied. if the foreman or whoever submited the Approval noted the exhaust, that would most likey have caused ford to deny it. if he didnt' note it the Approval may have gone through, depending on service history. but on rare occasions an imspecter can come to veiw the car, so he may have been covering his a*** by being honest. since the claim has been denied the car will be "blacklisted" by ford, so trying another dealership wont do anything. i will try get hold of the warenty manager for brisbane and ask him for info/advice. if the dealership never put a claim through but instead took it upon themselfes to deny it due to the exhaust u may still have a chance. but at this stage its not looking good. will try get back to you tomorrow.

Al

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:20 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

i also work in a dealership.

call crc on 13ford and advise what happened and ask them to look into it

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:10 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

A inspecter from ford did come and have a look at it .The dealership tryed 3 times to get it past .this is what ford said .After extensive conversations with ford warranty and ford fpv engine plant maughan thiem ford were advised that engine will not be covered under ford warranty due to vehicle deemed to be 'modified' by having aftermarket exhaust fitted .ford advised maughan thiem that engine failure had occured due to non standard exaust being fitted . i think it is starting to look like i mite be turning it in to a stinker what the hell it's only money. I have been a ford man for eva but this s**t has left a sour taste in my mouth. will never bye new again

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:12 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

cheers 4 that ghia 97 will give it a go

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:13 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

s**t aye. sorry to hear that mate. u me and every1 else would know that reason is s**t. just them using the red tape to get out of it.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next