Fordmods Logo

302 or 351? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 351c powered 92 eb falcon

New Zealand

the main problems i had was getting parts cos no one has done it over here eg starter and getting mounts made up like engine mounts ,power steer pump , alternater and then i just used cast exhaust manifolds cos of the steering (what exhaust manifolds did they use over the ) then the carb (600vs) would not fit under the hood so had to cut hole in hood

go hard or go home
more power you have the faster you go
go till it blows

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:51 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Ah I see,
It sounds like you didn't use a V8 K-member?
If you use the V8 K-member you would use the original V8 mounts because all small blocks have the same mounts. Power steer should have been just a matter of making sure the lines reach the pump...is this problem you had there? Alternator should have been just a matter of wiring up whatever one you had for the engine...the original cleveland Bosch one?
Everyone here used Pacemaker headers as far as I'm aware. The ones on the EF looked like something else but the guy said they were Pacemaker 4 into 1.
What intake are you using? The carb and aircleaner fitted under bonnet on the EA but he only had an Edelbrock performer intake. The EF had a Weiand X-cellerator, 1" spacer and an 850dp with a big hole in the bonnet and one of those ugly pro-stock style scoops...I didn't really look to see what his carb height actually was though.

Cheers 351c92,
Pete.

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 351c powered 92 eb falcon

New Zealand

i found out after i had made my mounts that the v8 X-member will sit the motor lower . i used the 4l alternator and mounted it on the rhs of the motor and maded up mounts for the power steer pump what went on the lhs of the motor . can you get a photo of the headers from one of the cars and pm me it (xr9ute)

cheers

Attachments:
ford motor 2.jpg
ford motor 2.jpg [ 242.57 KiB | Viewed 180 times ]

go hard or go home
more power you have the faster you go
go till it blows

Post subject: 302 or 351
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 35 images

Ride: xy fairmont

WA, Australia

well that is an easy choice , what you should be asking your self is clevo or windsor my choice is clevo for sure and the cost of doing a clevo can work out a kot cheaper and i found clevo parts a bit easier to find

Attachments:
IMG_0534.JPG
IMG_0534.JPG [ 65.16 KiB | Viewed 156 times ]

If you have it under control then you dont have enough power..
There is no replacement for Displacment..

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:12 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Hmm yes you certainly went about it the hard way...
The raised engine height has me wondering about your driveline angles...does it drive smooth? Actually could you measure the distance from the centre of your crank pulley to the top edge of the radiator support? This will give a good indication of your engine height compared to an original V8 EB.
Unfortunately I don't know the guy's with these cars...I only met them at the drags and at a dyno so I can't get photos unless I come across them again.
However, I am hoping that I will be able to obtain an EBXR8 for next to nothing shortly. Apparently the guy only wants the 5.0 engine for his street rod. If the body is good I was going to grab it and fit my CHI headed 351C....then there'll be pics galore!
Hope to find out next weekend, I'll keep ya posted.

Pete.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2