302 Rebuild 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: 302 Rebuild
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:56 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU 1 Tonner

NSW, Australia

Hey all i just got a 302 clevo thinking of rebuilding it and throwing it in my nissan patrol MQ.. Im up for ideas to throw into the motor, the motor is going to rev as i like to mud run and hill climb..Any ideas of what parts to use to help it through the hell im going to give it..
All i was going to put in it was a mild cam for some more torque mid range and some flat top pistons to raise the compression a bit due to the vehicle going onto staright LPG...Going to be running gas research 440 mixer with twin B2 convertors..Any ideas would help cheers

To be old and wise you first have to be young and stupid

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Sounds good ... Double check your valve's I'v seen a few break and destroy the whole engine... I guess age etc cought up on them ????
Could be due to extra heat from LPG ???
But I'd say age and two piece valves ???
I wouldn't go to high on compression....
Keep us up to date ...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:
Sounds good ... Double check your valve's I'v seen a few break and destroy the whole engine... I guess age etc cought up on them ????
Could be due to extra heat from LPG ???
But I'd say age and two piece valves ???
I wouldn't go to high on compression....
Keep us up to date ...

I haven't seen any in person drop but I have seen where the stock multi groove valve was about to drop due to the grooves being worn out, and this was nothing to do with LPG.

LPG usually accelerates valve recession due to extra heat, lack of lubrication qualities like any unleaded fuel and low carbon deposits.

Cleveland's multi groove doesn't help either, it allows for valve rotation, something you don't want with a high temp, unleaded and/or low carbon fuel. Replace the valves with stainless single groove and valve locks of a quality brand type as they aren't as expensive these days compared to 10yrs ago.

As for engine combination, ask Gas Research what they recommend, they "might" be able to put you in the right direction.

I wouldn't go over about 10.5:1, our LPG mix (Propane/Butane) sucks and you don't know what you are getting from one bowser to the next.
Stock Aussie 302/351 already have flat top pistons.

Make sure you have a cold air induction setup, LPG is more prone to air temperature than other fuels, air gap type intakes would be a good investment. http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new ... -gap.shtml

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

mate got his 351 xe into the 11's last month with stock valve's big mistake droped one at full song took the hole moter with it... but theyed be fine for your moter just double check em

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]