Fordmods Logo

302W Rebuild 

Page 5 of 11 [ 159 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:46 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: ebxr8

VIC, Australia

all adds up lol aint cheap

347, crane cam, Pro topline 180 heads, Edelbrock victor efi intake, 80mm C&L maf, 75mm tb, 30lb injectors and 1/4 horse

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:14 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ef xr8

NSW, Australia

greg302 wrote:
hows ya motor goin now chooka?

Going great now all probs sorted out.Idles nicely at around 850rpm.Motor still loosening up as I've only done 5000km's since the rebuild.Was going to put it back on the dyno when I was up at Indy but run out of money,hope to get it dynoed soon.Thanks for your interest.

----------------------------------------------------
FOR SALE;EF 5.0 auto ecu with tweecer $600

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:17 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

chooka wrote:
greg302 wrote:
hows ya motor goin now chooka?

Going great now all probs sorted out.Idles nicely at around 850rpm.Motor still loosening up as I've only done 5000km's since the rebuild.Was going to put it back on the dyno when I was up at Indy but run out of money,hope to get it dynoed soon.Thanks for your interest.

is the idle lumpy?

347, crane cam, Pro topline 180 heads, Edelbrock victor efi intake, 80mm C&L maf, 75mm tb, 30lb injectors and 1/4 horse

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:46 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Very lumpy,sounds great through the 2&1/4 twin exhaust.Ive got a couple of die hard holden fans that have said its the best sounding EFI motor the've heard

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:48 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

kool coz i was thinking of using that cam in my stroker

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:10 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Ixlrate is using the same cam in his stroker.I think his is up and running after a few small probs.Don't know if he got his dynoed or not but worth having a yarn to him.As for the cam I'm happy with it.Cheers.

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

SA, Australia

chooka wrote:
Very lumpy,sounds great through the 2&1/4 twin exhaust.Ive got a couple of die hard holden fans that have said its the best sounding EFI motor the've heard

How is your exhaust set up as i'm only running a single 2&1/2 system which i do want to upgrade and i may need to go bigger than my current 65mm tb and 70mm maf,plus i'm still using standard fuel pump.
thought my dyno guy would advise wat is needed when i get my capa eliminator tuned,shes running pretty rough at the moment.plus i've run out of cash :cry:

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

SA, Australia

chooka wrote:
Ixlrate is using the same cam in his stroker.I think his is up and running after a few small probs.Don't know if he got his dynoed or not but worth having a yarn to him.As for the cam I'm happy with it.Cheers.

greg302 pm me the other day but i've only done 500k's and she ain't been tuned yet,i told him to pm u.

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:04 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

greg302 pm me the other day but i've only done 500k's and she ain't been tuned yet,i told him to pm u.[/quote]

Ok,as for the exhaust I've done two high flow cats back to two mufflers with a cross over pipe just behind the auto.Two tail pipes that go up over the diff(passenger side is a real pain cause not much room).The exhaust on the passenger side runs a bit close to the fuel lines so I wrapped it in heat shield held in place with CV boot clamps.As for cost I only paid for materials as I made the system up myself where I used to work in QLD.

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:08 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Was talking to the engine builder on the weekend and found out the lower part of the cobra intake was'nt ported as his worker never passed a message on.What sort of power could I be loosing because of this as after the final tune there was'nt a gain in power.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:32 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Finally got a chance to get it back on the dyno,197.3 rwkw's.Should get a bit more out of it if I get the cobra intake manifold ported and get a decent set of extractors.Any suggestions of someone who is good at porting and what would be the best extractors to get?.Also want to put 3.7:1 diff gears in,what has to be done to get the speedo reading correctly?

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

Awesome mate, been hanging out for an update on this. Very nice figure, should crack 200rwkw easy i reckon. As far as extractors go i'd just go with the pacemaker PH4000's tri-y's altough if your after a peak power figure i'd probly go with the di-fillipo's.
Do you have the spec's for that cam you are running?

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:46 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Yeah I know its been long overdue but priorities of getting the bonnet work done and new wheels took over.The genies had been gasket matched by the previous owner and now I want to replace them because this is highly un-recommended.Looking to increase bottom end torque because up high it has heaps of power.Also going to do the diff because its a fairly large cam and the 3:45's are'nt suited to the cam.Cam lift is 542 int 563 ex Dur 224 int and 232 ex

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I spoke to Mal Wood when i went to 3.89, he advised getting an XD transducer for the box and i cant remember the cog for the wheel, that fixed the speedo problem, but then i had auto probs, so i got onto shiftkits.com and they hooked me up with a speedo corrector kit which was wired into the auto trans controller, and that solved the shift problems.
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

chooka wrote:
Yeah I know its been long overdue but priorities of getting the bonnet work done and new wheels took over.The genies had been gasket matched by the previous owner and now I want to replace them because this is highly un-recommended.Looking to increase bottom end torque because up high it has heaps of power.Also going to do the diff because its a fairly large cam and the 3:45's are'nt suited to the cam.Cam lift is 542 int 563 ex Dur 224 int and 232 ex

Got any pics with the new wheels mate. In the case of being after more low down torque i'd would say swing towards the PH4000's, i am running them on my ute and have been very happy, i'll be interested to see how they go with my new combo.
Gee mate that is a big cam, i was running 3.73's in my old auto 4.0L and was more than happy with them, but if i was you i would probly go towards the 3.89's like brett, will certainly bring the car into its torque range earlier.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 11  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next