Fordmods Logo

351W Efi into a EL six 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: 351W Efi into a EL six
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:20 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Fairmont EL

WA, Australia

Out of interest a 351w Efi out of a F250. How much of a mission would it be to pull out the 4.0l of the EL and wack the 51 in? Any useful info would be appreciated

Dutchup von Boss

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

mate just do some simple research grab a phone book and call some wreckers or reco engine places etc and find a average price of a motor etc amd start there but the 351 may not fit, it fits in that EA GT Prototype thing but i think it is really f**k tight

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:26 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

it fits. i know it does cos i've seen it. uses the same engine mounts etc as el 5litre. all the brackets and serpentine belt bolt on the front

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:04 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Check my post at the top of page about 351W into XE ute.
Most of this article also applies to E-series. In fact that engine is now going into an EB.
And for the record all small blocks fit including clevelands. And Bigblocks also fit....the only real issue with other than 5.0 engines is bonnet clearance.
Also the fact that you are using a 4.0L EL means that just adding some wires to your 4.0L harness and rearranging your engine harness to fit a V8 will allow use of an EB-ED 5.0L EECIV for which there is good tweecer support. This will allow you recal the whole deal.

Pete.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:33 am 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

Here's a pic of the stock F-series intake that I modified to fit in this XA superbird.
http://www.icenet.com.au/~pie/images/XAeng2.JPG
I took 20mm out of the runner length and angle milled it to drop it's plenum closer to the rocker cover. You can also note the lengthed t-body area and the angle changes incorporated to fit it under bonnet. Of course this will not be enough under an E-series bonnet so you'd be better to switch to an aftermarket intake. This intake is also not suited to higher performance engines with aftermarket heads....it's simply too small in the ports. It can be modified to fit a Holley systemax2 upper but there is a large amount of work required to the lower so.... For a mild performance engine you'd use the Edelbrock Performer like my ute engine or you'd step up to the Victor 5.8 or TFS-R 351 or the TFS-R 351 with box upper for high rpm or stroker applications.
BTW the performance of the X-series cars that I have setup is in the low 14 sec bracket with a dead stock engine, 3.00 gears and toploader trans.
I expect an EL to be slightly better.

Pete.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: falcon V8

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

quick question for you Pete, what about swaping for a 302 to a 351? would the wireing loom be the same or would i need to cut it up?

Sean

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:04 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

ovo616 wrote:
quick question for you Pete, what about swaping for a 302 to a 351? would the wireing loom be the same or would i need to cut it up?
Sean

If you are using the same intake direction the 5.0 harness still fits. Ive used a 5.0 harness(in fact the exact same harness) on my 351C and 351W and will probably use one on my 390 unless things are a tad too far away...the top of that is like a bloody aircraft carrier. :wink:
Here's the C with it on...it's a bit hard to see the harness but it's definitely there with no mods.
http://www.icenet.com.au/~pie/images/xr9engine.jpg

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]