408 Stroker 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: 408 Stroker
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:29 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XR6

NSW, Australia

Hey guys wondering if anyone has put a 351 Stroker into EF-EL or XH as thats what im thinking about doing, can it be done where best place to buy the stroker kit from :evil:

Post subject: motor
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

You can get a stroker kit from High Performance world www.highperformanceworld.com.au or rocket industries. Both very helful ppl well depending on who you speak too.

Do you know what flywheel hp your looking at? as well as buget?

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:46 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Buget is bit thing as we all know it always gets outta hand but at moment no budget set and been told would get around 500hp at engine, Im tosing up between stroking the 5ltr or go all out and do the 351 as my mate has told me there not a great deal price difference between stroker kits 347-408, Thanx for the web addy

Post subject: engine
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

See you have to have a budget and go from there, you can make a 500hp 347 with a 5.0L block but it has been known the 5.0L blocks split right down the middle. Having said that ive spoken to alot of engine builders who have been in the game and they all said 500hp 347 5.0L block no worries but after that you will run into trouble, and they all said as long as the engine is machined correctly and put 2gether well then it will last.

Any engine builder you go 2 will always ask whats your budget, so you have to clarify that before you do anything

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:02 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

5ltr will require higher reving from what i have been told thats why he suggested that maybe better off going with biger block so the compresion not so high if thats right and wont over stress it and he knows what im after as he a mate of mine and has a idea what $ o have to spend

Post subject: engine
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

At the end of the day the more cubes the better, 351 block is far more stronger than 302 block.

You can buy my 347 block or complete engine if you like. See the for sale section

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]