Fordmods Logo

5.4 in EB.. 

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Blueprint EB II Fairmont 5L

WA, Australia

so wat sort of power figures are u gettin & 1/4 mile times are you running pete??

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:48 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

veeate wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:
veeate wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:
Maybe this will explain it?
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9411

Cheers,
Pete.

f**k Pete !!! seems like a lot of f**k around.....maybe the 347 stroker will be a bit easier...i was hoping it would be a bit easier...like rip out the 5.0 pull all the accessories off...bolt on the f-series explorer manifold & the accessories and drop the 351 in.... maybe im dilusional

Depends what you term "f**k around" really doesn't it? Personally I call it fun. Of course an E-series Falcon won't require pwr steer pump mods as there is much more room in that area.
Depends how much you value a more durable, torquey engine I suppose?

Pete.

well seeing youve done it before & you know wat to do, do you feel like having some 'fun' with my car??? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Sure! for $50 an hour...no worries.

Pete.

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:10 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

veeate wrote:
so wat sort of power figures are u gettin & 1/4 mile times are you running pete??

I haven't dyno'd it yet(it's only a been running a couple of weeks). After I've run it in I'll let you know.
I suspect it'll peak around 200rwhp at about 4500rpm. The torque is huge and right off idle too...be interesting to see that curve. I'm only running the stock 55m MAF at the moment too. The throttle body at 78mm is too large also.
I need to switch to 3:1 gears from the 3.5's it has now to take it advantage of that torque.
I'd say a low 14 or high 13 would be achieveable with this combo.

Pete.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

are there any mods required to the K frame in E series cars to get the 351 to fit? Will you need a new sump? Any mods needed to retain the factory air con?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:12 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

Nope, except you need an EB-ED V8 K-member.
You need a front sump pan so an F-series one will need to be changed. The earlier high energy pans can sometimes hit the lip on the inside edge of the K-member so be sure to tell them it's for an E-series vehicle(watch it though they have a hearing problem). The sump comes with a side mounted dipstick but not an original 5.0L Falcon one which is a bit of a shame. you have do some creative bending of the dipstick mount...I'll get pic of the ute one to show you.

Pete.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:14 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

Oh the aircon should be ok...it(the compressor) just moves out and up a bit but there's plenty o slack in the lines.

Pete.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

sounds like an interesting conversion, I already have the 5.0L in my car, so its just a matter of finding a good engine to start with. If I where to put the 351 in, would I need to buy a EFI 351, or could I get away with using a carby 351 and then bolting all the EFI gear onto it? (I realise that I will need the F series manifold)

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:02 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

Yeah just get a carbed engine. The only way to get an F-series intake to fit(have a look at my post about 351 into XE) would be to port match it to a Holley systemax2 upper or cut and shut the livin s**t s**t out of the upper which would defeat the purpose. AFter market is the only way I'm afraid.

Pete.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
Yeah just get a carbed engine. The only way to get an F-series intake to fit(have a look at my post about 351 into XE) would be to port match it to a Holley systemax2 upper or cut and shut the livin s**t s**t out of the upper which would defeat the purpose. AFter market is the only way I'm afraid.

Pete.

If you wanted to run EFI, you could just use the EFI f series lower manifold and the E series upper manifold couldn't you? My car already has the injected 5.0. (Sorry if i sound a bit silly, i'm pretty new to this engine modding stuff)

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

351 has higher deck height so 5.0 don't fit..The rpm looks almost stock anyway.Atleast to the non rev heads...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:43 am 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:

Pete.

If you wanted to run EFI, you could just use the EFI f series lower manifold and the E series upper manifold couldn't you? My car already has the injected 5.0. (Sorry if i sound a bit silly, i'm pretty new to this engine modding stuff)

Nope the F-series intake is completely different so the HO or any other intake won't bolt up to it. What I said about the holley upper is the only(time consuming) option to still use the F-series lower.

Pete.

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:52 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

How much would it cost to convert an au (manual ecu) to a 6 speed?

AU3 XR8 220 Sedan
AU3 XLS w/Tickford 6

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EB XR8

QLD, Australia

you can run the lower of a lightning truck, they are a GT40 lower to suit the higher deck of the 351

New project 5.4l 331ci S380R, 8.2 4.125 Man o war, Billet LAE crank, Jon Kaase Heads, Pauter Rods, JE pistons

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:05 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

xr8boy wrote:
you can run the lower of a lightning truck, they are a GT40 lower to suit the higher deck of the 351

Yeah but try and find one. There have been some importers bringing in 2nd hand Lightning engines but you've got buckleys of getting them to sell the intake off it.
Ford racing has stopped making them too.
BTW what was this company you were asking about before?

Pete.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3