Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:04 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EL V8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

NCIILANE wrote:
john_jay wrote:
mrfordfalcon wrote:
Last night i removed the MAF (Mass AirFlow sensor) unit and using a bright torch discovered one of the two sensor wires was covered in thick dirt/soot. I used some WD-40 spray and a cotton bud and carefully cleaned it. The car now idles much smoother and the engine has much more smooth power. The flat spots on accelerator are virtually non existant now. Thanks for everyones advice :D

good to hear you fixed the problem. if you have an automatic tranmission, make sure to reset reset your ECU and re-learn your WOT.

1. drive the car for at least 1km until normal running engine temp is reach. verify you have correct idle speed.
2. idle the car in drive for one minute with all accessory off and hand brake engage. Dont use foot brake to avoid brake light from turning on.
3. after one minute edle, turn off the car but leave the gear in drive.
4. Turn the ignition on but do not start the car. Your cluster should be illuminated.
5. press your accelerator to the floor and leave it for one minute. This will re-learn yout wide open throttle.
6. after one minute WOT, release accelator then turn off the ignition.
7. Put the gear in neutral before starting the engine. Drive the car and you should notice a much better shifting pattern.

This procedure will recalibrate your ECU based on idle and WOT.
Very interesting reading. Do you know if this works with a 92 NCII 5.0L ECU? Sorry bout double post :oops: 1st attempt came up as website not available???

not sure on earlier model Falcons. I leaned this procedure from a friend who used to work at ford dealership and he said this applies to EF/EL/AU. I'm not sure if all E-series falcons share the same ECU.

can't aFORD lately

Post subject: Re: Power Restored
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

john_jay wrote:
mrfordfalcon wrote:
Last night i removed the MAF (Mass AirFlow sensor) unit and using a bright torch discovered one of the two sensor wires was covered in thick dirt/soot. I used some WD-40 spray and a cotton bud and carefully cleaned it. The car now idles much smoother and the engine has much more smooth power. The flat spots on accelerator are virtually non existant now. Thanks for everyones advice :D

good to hear you fixed the problem. if you have an automatic tranmission, make sure to reset reset your ECU and re-learn your WOT.

1. drive the car for at least 1km until normal running engine temp is reach. verify you have correct idle speed.
2. idle the car in drive for one minute with all accessory off and hand brake engage. Dont use foot brake to avoid brake light from turning on.
3. after one minute edle, turn off the car but leave the gear in drive.
4. Turn the ignition on but do not start the car. Your cluster should be illuminated.
5. press your accelerator to the floor and leave it for one minute. This will re-learn yout wide open throttle.
6. after one minute WOT, release accelator then turn off the ignition.
7. Put the gear in neutral before starting the engine. Drive the car and you should notice a much better shifting pattern.

This procedure will recalibrate your ECU based on idle and WOT.
great work

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2