Fordmods Logo

6.8 V10 BA ute 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:03 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Ok lads I haven't got a ute(and I was looking for an XG van but gave up in disgust) yet but.....
Good link there Sam. I read about the Biphase stuff some time ago too..interesting strategy for the boiling LPG in the rails too although I believe it's still a problem for them.
You'll notice they used the old 2V engine in that vehicle too. The first version of the 2V was rated at only 260hp and the PI version(after mid '99) which means Power Improved(not Police Interceptor as some have said) was rated at somewhere around 280hp. Then in '05 came the 3V engine.
Ive been speaking to a guy who stuck one(a PI 2V) in a fox body and says it made 340rwhp through his T5 dead stock! He was fitting two turbos on it when last we spoke(bout a year ago). These engines need considerable beefing to handle any forced induction so I don't know if he blew it to bits or not. They also have a balance shaft under the left rocker cover on top of the camshaft....this is why they have a different shaped rocker cover on one side. The 10cyls make for some weird harmonics. I believe they sound quite rotten too, bit like a six....ahh well the loser behind me can think he got blown away by a six :shock:
So with the 3V rated at 355hp it seems we could conservatively expect at least that much at the wheels? And we haven't even mentioned the torque....good thing Ive kept the 9" out of my old ute?
I suppose it would be cheaper to buy a six cyl ute but I was going to just bolt the engine straight into a 3V vehicle so it was a minimal effort task. Of course I want a manual mainly because autos are boring and partly because there aint no way in hell a BTR 4spd will handle the torque!
Plus if the pork pulled me up they are so dumb they wouldn't notice 2 more cyls :wink:
I have been eyeing off the LPG injection gear that's popping up too and I have some ex Orbital mates at AEC. AEC does LNG systems for trucks and buses so I'm going to examine the possibilities there too. I could just fill up from my house!

Pete.

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:48 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
I have been eyeing off the LPG injection gear that's popping up too and I have some ex Orbital mates at AEC. AEC does LNG systems for trucks and buses so I'm going to examine the possibilities there too. I could just fill up from my house!

Pete.

now pete thats just soo cheeky i like it :P

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

XR10 ute!

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Post subject: This requires a name change
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

NSW, Australia

Well if this project is a sucess the forum should be changed to the BENT MOTOR,V Block forum or V8-V10 forum any idea's?

MEMBER 1390

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:18 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EFII Fairmont Ghia 5.0

QLD, Australia

wouldn't you get more power s/c the v8? or is it more to do something different?

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:51 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

aber_run wrote:
wouldn't you get more power s/c the v8? or is it more to do something different?

Yes you could get more power supercharging the V8 but the cost is actually higher. I can probably land the V10 for $10-11K but a blower kit will be up at that level or more and then the engine really needs rebuilding to handle it...more $$$. And of course down the track the V10 can also be blown :wink:

Pete.

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:40 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

6.8 V10 BA ute = :D

We need a V10 topic / thread now!

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

danny boy wrote:
6.8 V10 BA ute = :D

We need a V10 topic / thread now!

:) Nahh we will just make it V8/V10 Workshop

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

haha that would be sweet!

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2