Fordmods Logo

88 XF falcon ute Project. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: 88 XF falcon ute Project.
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:05 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 88 XF Falcon Ute 250xflow

WA, Australia

Have been contemplating buying a cheap $2000 88 XF Ute which has a very good body with no terminal rust and no dents.
I have gotten some pricing to fit a recon 302C into the XF falcon ute, approx $6000 just for the motor and I still need to replace the gear box and diff not to mention some serious panel and paint approx $10 000 and I'm sure I'll run into other problems along the way. Will I have much change from $35 000? has anyone done this full conversion before? either on a Sedan or ute. What kind of traps should I look out for?What kind of gearbox and Diff should I use with a 302C?

should look something like this when I'm done http://tinyurl.com/2ewufcb

Post subject: Re: 88 XF falcon ute Project.
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

88 means you need either LPG or Cats/Injection/Polution gear for ULP. I think 86 was the last year it was easy?

You could look at a 351 Windsor instead of the Clevo, or start with an AU 200kw injected motor. Should be able to pick one up with all you need for waaaay less than the $6k for the rebuilt clevo.

The Windsors also fit into the engine bay without modifications - Clevelands take a bit of hacking with the heater box. Check www.xfalcon.com theres a load of info there.

If you do decide to go injected, There are lots of things that make a ute easy.
Fuel Tank and Pump from XG/H Utes will fit right in, as will fuel lines. you dont have issues running Dual Exhausts. The only issue with the fitment is the A/C Compressor - a little massage of the shock tower and removal of one of the Bolts usually takes care of it.

Have a good look around. There is a thread on here from XR9Ute, and if you look at www.pertheseries.com looking for the thread from XR9Van (same guy) there are lots of good pictures on the needed stuff.

Nigel

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]