97' XH XR8 More Power Options 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: 97' XH XR8 More Power Options
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:48 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: XHII XR8 Ute - Supercharged

WA, Australia

G,day
I've got a XF Falcon, Running XH II XR8 running gear (Auto). I did the conversion earlier this year. The only difference between this motor and EL XR8 motor is the Explorer Intake Manifold i believe...
Car is running 3.77 gears in Diff if that affects cam choice...

Im looking for more power, and i found a set of GT40P heads (40,000ks) from an AU for $950. Is that a pretty good price anyone think?

Anyway, im looking to get a new cam also. Was considering something like Crane's 2031 using Yella Terra 1.7 roller rockers, or the 2030 with stock rockers. It says on the FPV site, under XHII that it runs roller rockers. Does anyone know if the stock Roller Rockers will be suitable? and are they 1.6 ratio? Will i need to upgrade valve springs on these GT40P heads??

If they're not suitable ill get YT 1.7s and 2031 cam.

After heads are fitted, im getting new custom exhaust/extractors done at Liverpool. The custom ones on there were done in Melbourne, and they r utter s**t!

I havent upgraded anything else. So to get it running, what else NEEDS to be upgraded? I understand my injectors may need upgrading. and the AFM?? what about throttlebody? Taking into account how much i am already spending. Exhaust is 3k alone....

Can i fit a new fuel pressure regulator? how hard is it to do? or pay someone? and remap computer/UNICHIP? is it worth it?

sorry for all the questions, am trying to do all of this at once ASAP so exhaust can be fabricated....
thanks for any feedback!!

Old - XF with XH XR8 Driveline... http://www.fordmods.com/ford-v8-f2/my-xr8-power-xf-falcon-t20529.html
Current - XHII XR8 ute - Kenne Bell Supercharged - Build in progress

SUPERCHARGED XHII XR8 UTE - BUILD THREAD >http://www.fordmods.com/post1195532.html#p1195532

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA GT

WA, Australia

3k for exhaust, fuk!

sounds it will be killer, good luck!

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:02 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: XHII XR8 Ute - Supercharged

WA, Australia

kermey wrote:
3k for exhaust, fuk!

sounds it will be killer, good luck!
Its expensive cos custom pipes/headers r needed. XF engine bay tight, any aftermarket headers don't fit - hence custom. Liverpool have an excellent Reputation, so i dont mind forking it out for quality, especially after the s**t that is on there now - which was done by i wont mention where in Melbourne...

Old - XF with XH XR8 Driveline... http://www.fordmods.com/ford-v8-f2/my-xr8-power-xf-falcon-t20529.html
Current - XHII XR8 ute - Kenne Bell Supercharged - Build in progress

SUPERCHARGED XHII XR8 UTE - BUILD THREAD >http://www.fordmods.com/post1195532.html#p1195532

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

SA, Australia

E-series pacemakers (PH4000) should fit, I am sure I have seen them fitted to more than 1 XH/XF V8, and I actually thought there was slightly more side clearance with the xf engine bay layout. $3k for an exhaust is just damn expensive.

The GT40P's are a good buy at $950 but budget on some better valve springs and retainers (around $400) because the stock ones suck. EL/XH's didn't run roller rockers as far as I am aware, if I remember correctly this has been verified a few times by owners who have removed the valve covers. The 2031 with 1.7 rockers is a good choice, the 2030 with 1.6's is a tiny bit bigger , then you have the TFS1 which is also designed for 1.6's.

And yes you should change the MAF and injectors. You can get 73mm C&L MAFs cheap ex USA, match it to a set of 24lb injectors and you are set. A larger TB would be an idea, you can pick up 2nd hand 65mm AU ones for around $200, no point going any bigger than that.

The V8's hold up quite well to mods, as long as you match the injectors and MAF the tune will remain pretty good. A chiptorque or unichip will get you better results, but you definitly don't need one.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]