Fordmods Logo

Anyone delt with Trick and Mansweto before???? 

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Anyone delt with Trick and Mansweto before????
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hey All,

Im looking into freshening up my engine and going bigger with my 347 and did swing past Trick and Mansweto to see what they can do for me and was just wondering if anyone on here has delt with them before and what's their impression??

They seem to be the best when it come's to Ford V8 engines

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:09 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Jason and Tristen are good do deal with but just dont feed them s**t :D had a good chat with jason at the last AFD .been to his place while he was building up his Silver XW ..

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono

Post subject: motor
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeh they seem to be good blokes and all, and are willing to look into the current combo and see what needs to be done to get my XR into the mid 11's. So hopefully if all goes well it will be done in the next couple months or the end of the year.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

MRE-50L wrote:
Jason and Tristen are good do deal with but just dont feed them s**t :D

Finally some honest engine builders that don't like to be spoken in s**t rather then just sitting there and taking it all in then financially ripping the customer sideways when it comes to the crunch.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I wont say a thing, other than i havent been impressed with some of their work, ask around, is all i can say.
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:43 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

a lot of the trouble i see between people and tradespeople,and service providers in general comes about because of a lack of communication. first thing i would do would be have a good think about what you want. it is my belief that a daily should really be left alone, and maintained. modifying something you rely on can be a real bastard. that said,have a chat to people who have done what you want to, and see how it worked out for them. if you decide to go ahead with it, ask all the questions you can think of, and clear up any doubts you have about the job before any work starts or money changes hands.

vote for pedro ? f**k pedro, f**k him up his stupid a***hole.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I'm lucky where I work that we don't get young guys who know nothing about cars talking s**t and throwing money around cause they want a quick car. My bosses customers are old guys who have PBR clubmans, Catermans, Radicals and even something that appears to look like a Panoz with a Repco V8.

And Briney. I agree with you there. Communication is of the upmost importance. A good tradesman will build you something exactly how you tell them but if you don't tell them everything they have to know then don't get s**t if the final product is not what you want.

And Back on the Trick and Mansweto talk. Just looking at their ads and some customers cars it appears that they are pretty expensive compared to a shop like Pavtek, espeically when you look at what they promise.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

There's alot of shops out there that charge big time and still dont get exactly what you want. It's hard for someone like me to make a decisoin on who to go too as there are so many doggie workshops who just want to make some money.

All positive and negative repsonses please post

Cheers :D

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The main marketing point with a shop like them is the age old motto. Power is cheap but reliability is what you pay for.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thats true but you dont have to spend mega dollars to get something good. Im also going to see BK race engine's who built the engine for that black AU which is a 347 and runs 10's on NOS and mid 11's without.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:34 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

They seem to get results, but the prices are sky high, to build same motor in another shop would cost around 30% less in general...depends on what you want I guess and how much cash you got..

How much you planning on spending??

What do you want from the car???

Is it a daily driver or week end toy???

Will the rest of the car be able to handle the power???

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeh i have the goods to run the number's, the only thing that may be holding it up may be the LSD rebuilt diff but we have to wait and see. See my motor has the works already, it just needs to be sorted out by cam, possible porting and and intake and tune. It sucks that there are so many possibilites of what you can do.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The same clevo that trick and manswetto sell for 17k, Pavtek can do for 12. For 17 if you gowith pavtek you could pretty much get the block upgraded to a dart and pump an additional 300hp worth of nitrous into it.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Really, there's got to be something different eg heads as trick use twisted edge and there expensive. So you may have to take into factor what products there using in the engine which does make a difference.

I think alot of engine builders want things to be built their way so Pavtek have same hp motor for 3 grand less than trick and mansweto but there may be a difference in end product quality.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Nothing Different. Both use CHI big port 3V heads in their clevo builds. But as for the windsors, Trick and Manswetto seem to have a twisted wedge fettish. I think Pavtek are cheaper because they are a dedicated engine shop. They don't do tubs or cages, just engines where as trick and manswetto can build a turn key drag car for you therefore their workshop turnover is much lower and you have to pay through the nose cause there are wages that need to get payed.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next