Fordmods Logo

AU 24LB INJECTORS INTO ED 

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: AU 24LB INJECTORS INTO ED
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Hi All,
Could anyone tell me if i get the EV6 style injector fly leads or a AU harness, wiil i be able connect this to my ED harness?, as i have heard it been done before.
Also would i also have to get a sample tube for my 75MM MUSTANG MAF to suit the 24LB injectors?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers Jason. :)

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:10 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED EF and AU V8s

WA, Australia

yeah you should be able to fit them no worries, just the plugs are different, but have heard of addaptors that suit so you dont have to cut the harness up

Will need to be tuned though, or a mafs to suit

Too many cars atm

ED sprint
EF Fairmont V8
AU ghia V8

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:44 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Ok there is no such thing as a 75mm MAF from a Mustang unless it's an aftermarket MAF. What MAF do you have?

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
Ok there is no such thing as a 75mm MAF from a Mustang unless it's an aftermarket MAF. What MAF do you have?
Hi XR9UTE, it was from a 93 5.0L so i was told and it is not a aftermarket, it is the same used on the T SERIES but mine is the alloy one,FTG had the same size off a T-SERIES but it was plastic AND it was 75MM, the same style i checked it out and the only diff was it was plastic, not trying to doubt you mate, but i rang up RACE PARTS AUST., and they said it was off a 93 5.0L, maybe not MUSTANG!!
It also came in the origanal FORD box, and i messured it and it IS 75MM, i even asked the bloke i got off ebay to messure it b4 i bought it and he also said it is 75MM.
IT was still brand new, never fitted.
Cheers Jason. :)

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:30 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

It's a 70mm Cobra MAF. You need to measure right inside at it's smallest point....It's not 75mm. There should be the letters AFH-70 in the part number. The 70 means 70mm. A stock HO Maf says AFH-55.

Anyway you cannot change sample tubes in the stock Ford MAF. You'll need to change the MAF transfer function within the EEC to achieve a proper state of tune. I suggest using a Moates J3 adaptor and Burn1 or use the Ostrich real time emulator. This will allow you to tune your own car. If you don't care to do this get a switch chip and have it custom tuned for your vehicle.

BTW People say anything on ebay to get a sale so that doesn't hold water.

Cheers,
Pete.

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
It's a 70mm Cobra MAF. You need to measure right inside at it's smallest point....It's not 75mm. There should be the letters AFH-70 in the part number. The 70 means 70mm. A stock HO Maf says AFH-55.

Anyway you cannot change sample tubes in the stock Ford MAF. You'll need to change the MAF transfer function within the EEC to achieve a proper state of tune. I suggest using a Moates J3 adaptor and Burn1 or use the Ostrich real time emulator. This will allow you to tune your own car. If you don't care to do this get a switch chip and have it custom tuned for your vehicle.

BTW People say anything on ebay to get a sale so that doesn't hold water.

Cheers,
Pete.
Hi Pete, ok mate i was WRONG, it is the 70MM maf i checked out the part numbers and it was AFH-70,
sorry to doubt you mate, next time i need some EFI advice i WILL ask you!!!!! also you say its a COBRA MAF would it be the 93 COBRA-R MAF?either way its better than the stock MAF, and also that would suit me being the COBRA MAF as i'm doing up my ED as a COBRA replica.
Ok now i need some EFI advice, on top of my engine i have , GT40P HEADS,GT40 SVO upper manifold, GT40 lower,the 70MM MAF!!! standered injectors,standered t/b, and for the ECU i have a POWERCHIP GOLD98,if that helps me.
The parts i have got to put on are, 75MM FORD RACING T/B, CRANECAMS 1.70 ROLLER ROCKERS same as the EB/ELGT and ED SPRINT, i also have a 70MM T/B for a spare, the parts on the way are,BPT RACE UNDERDRIVES,BPT POWER PIPE.
My bottem end is stock standered , when i put all of these parts on will i have to use the 24LB injectors?
or could i use the 19LB?
Any advice mate would be appreciated, i WON'T doubt you again!!!

Cheers and thanx
Jason.

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: V8 T5 Fairmont & BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

what cam, stock?

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:10 am 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

My pleasure Jason,

Some people do use the stock 19's on engines with similar mods to yours but it is borderline. The factory uses 24's on these engines for a reason...Safety.
One-size-fits-all chips are a bad idea in general....your vehicle needs to be exactly the same as the vehicle the "chip" was developed for. As this is highly unlikely they cannot be considered correct for your vehicle.
Let me know the catch code of your EEC?

Btw the '93 Cobra R used the same MAF as the plain jane '93 Cobra simply because the engine was identical....the rest of the car was considerably different(I wish I had one).

Pete.

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:28 am 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

Oh I forgot the 70mm t-body will actually give you the best performance....the 75 is too big.

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:38 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Hi Pete, where do i look for the catch code you say?
would i just pull the kick panel off and have a look at the numbers? is that what you mean mate?
Well for the 75MM t-body i made a MISTAKE thinking that bigger is better!! wasn't i bloody wrong lol, i wanted it cause it is FORD RACING stuff, oh well lesson learned!!!
Would i be better off getting a EBGT or a ED SPRINT ECU?
I feel bloody awful now that the 75mm t-body is too big ,i have made some buying mistakes, :(
Cheers and thanx again mate,
Jason. :)

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:26 am 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

Yep.... the label on the EEC has a 4 character code.
Yes a GT or Sprint EEC will achieve what you want but maybe rather hard to get. If your EEC has the right catch code I may be able to burn you a chip with a GT calibration.
Keep the 75 for later you may need it if you go for a stroker or a more heavily worked 5.0.

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:53 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Hi mate, thanx for that, i will have a look later today and let you know, i'm going for a cruise with my FORD flag on the back to stir up these HOLDEN fellas around here!!!
I will keep the 75mm maf just in case i do go for the stroker or put a bigger cam in her, speaking of cams would the FORD RACING B-303 be alright for a auto? if not what would you recomend mate?
I hope you can do something to my EEC,
Thanx again mate i know who to ask now, i hope you don't mind!! cause there is no one out here who can help me.
Jason. :)

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Hi Pete, ok i have gotten the numbers off my eec and they are,
the for digit numbers or catch code, 3DFA
the other numbers if important, EEC-IV SFI--MA15
93DA--12A650--FA
62SM15AF15 7069--104
and there was another number, 3H16
Hope you can do something with it mate, i also said b4 that i would keep my 75MM maf, but what i meant to say is the 75MM t-body
Cheers mate,
Jason.

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: V8 T5 Fairmont & BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

Gday Guys.

Pete, you could run an EB GT bin on this regardless of its original catch code, or have you found probs when doing this. Ive changed a few EL 5ltr bins in to other stuff, but you have been doing it longer than me.

Jason, If Pete cant help you, Ill be more than happy to try and lend a hand. Ive got a copy of the 2DCA & 2DDA EB GT auto and manual bins, which can be burnt on to a chip and plugged in to your EEC giving you a GT tune to start with. This is what Ive done with mine.

Cheers
Jaysen

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:19 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

You can with some but not others as you'll find with EF-L(and any other EEC for that matter). Some data locations are not quite the same.
You have a 3DFA Jason. So it's possible to do this but I'm not entirely happy with cars that have had the 2DDA/C bin overwritten on 3DFA.
A MAF xfer and injector slope change to your 3DFA may be the answer here.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next