Fordmods Logo

AU II V8 backfiring? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: AU II V8 backfiring?
Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:57 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: falcon eb

WA, Australia

Have an issue with my 2000 AU XLS V8 Ute that is on duel fuel.
Due to this a custom style air intake seems to of been used with a K&N filter on the end. The gas mixer sits where the standard air filter once was the reason behind the custom air intake.

Several times I have been standing still then letting the clutch out while giving it a boot full of right foot and a I hear a lound 'clunk/bang' noise and a puff of smoke appears from under the bonnet.

Today it did it to me and I inspected the air intake and found one sensor hanging out of the intake pipe next to the washer bottle (see second pic). I placed it back in and again today it occured, standing still in first releasing the clutch plus the accelerator and 'clunk' plus a puff of smoke. Again this sensor had poped out. Also I noted the K&N filter (cylnderical in shape) has been expanded outwards slightly, leading me to think this is a back firing issue and the sensor is the weakest point. It is simply held in place by pushing it in like a plug.

Is this back firing? if not what and how can I solve it? It has only started doing this recently and seems to be running fine apart from when in petrol mode the idle revs are a touch low. Thanks in advance - Baxle

Attachments:
DSC00427.JPG
DSC00427.JPG [ 79.73 KiB | Viewed 182 times ]
DSC00426.JPG
DSC00426.JPG [ 71.94 KiB | Viewed 153 times ]

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Had the same fault on V8 fairlane replaced, coil packs, syncroniser, leads{non original}, oxygen sensors, thinking as it would be the motor as it was an ex VHA with 460,000KM, checked the cats, i hapened to come across some original ford leads and it fixed the problem ,yep they do cost a fair bit.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]