AU XR8 shaker and power up options 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: AU XR8 shaker and power up options
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:17 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF Futura

VIC, Australia

Hi guys,

I'm adam, i havn't been on here in quite a while, i used to own a EF 6 but sold that to pick-a-part because i found out i'd been driving a write off that wasnt repaired very well at all for 3 years, so i now drive a holden (dont hate me, i swing for both teams, as long as they dont give me problems)

anyway, i have just bought an AU series 1 XR8 as a project car and was wondering if anyone in Melbourne could point me in the direction of a shop who could cut the bonnet and install a shaker. or would that just look gay? haha

aside from that, im wondering what peoples thoughts are on getting the 302 to be a pretty tough street car, I'm after something that will pull my a** right into the back of the seat, however im not after a blown 347 11-sec monster

so engine wise what would people reccomend? rebuild with stronger parts and replace the heads, cam and all that jazz, or should i just go a stroker?

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

I dont reckon it looks gay, if its done right.

Off Perthfalcons.com

In the Garage Section,see XH5LWEPN, Scaffy's and a few more cars there, from superchargers to 347 as well as just heads and cam.

A stroker is good, alloy heads and cam might be better budget wise, perhaps a blower, depends on your budget and what you want out of it.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Post subject: Re: AU XR8 shaker and power up options
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

xcrushxkillxdestroyx wrote:
Hi guys,
...aside from that, im wondering what peoples thoughts are on getting the 302 to be a pretty tough street car, I'm after something that will pull my a** right into the back of the seat, however im not after a blown 347 11-sec monster

so engine wise what would people reccomend? rebuild with stronger parts and replace the heads, cam and all that jazz, or should i just go a stroker?

Ultimately it comes down to budget, and what you want to spend. Torque is the name of the game here for that 'slammed into the seat' feeling, which means a stroker is the ideal choice. However you have an AU which means problems when it comes to sourcing some of the parts (specifically the harmonic balancer).

A build like Jeff's ute would be a decent power increase, and all up set you back around $8,000. Add a stroker bottom end to that and you'd be looking at about $14,000-16,000.

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

[quote="schnoods"]I dont reckon it looks gay, if its done right.

Off Perthfalcons.com

That ute is my favourite,its schmick as. :P

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

green car wrote:
schnoods wrote:
I dont reckon it looks gay, if its done right.

Off Perthfalcons.com

That ute is my favourite,its schmick as. :P

Its also for sale too shannon, hint hint. :)

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]