Fordmods Logo

AU xr8 

 

Page 1 of 4 [ 46 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
 Post subject: AU xr8
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 181

Joined: 19th Apr 2006

Ride: Au XR6 VCT

Location: Lismore
NSW, Australia

G'Day just after a little help loking to buy an Au XR8. Just wanted to know what problems these cars have and what the difference is between series 1,2,3 is and any general coments anyone has on them. what should i be looking for when buying one.

Any help would be much apreciated thanks

 

_________________

Go the mighty blue oval!!!!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:45 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 274

Joined: 29th Nov 2004

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 Fairmont Ghia

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Decent exhaust is expensive is bout the only problem I can think of.

Think the series 1 came with a 185kw engine, and series 2 and 3 had the 220kw.
Plus the series 1 looks ugly in all models :)

 

_________________

2003 BA Fairmont Ghia V8 www.bseries.com.au/acey xr8 catback
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

MilleniumFalcon wrote:
Decent exhaust is expensive is bout the only problem I can think of.

Think the series 1 came with a 185kw engine, and series 2 and 3 had the 220kw.
Plus the series 1 looks ugly in all models :)


WRONG, Series 1 is 185kw, S2 200kw EXCEPT XR8 Rebel which is 220kw, Series 3 is 220kw... and whats wrong with the series 1 XR8, especially with the dual plane wing and ticky kit (no bias, just cause i own one like that)

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 2058

Joined: 25th May 2006

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Just the usual gearbox and diff sounds/vibrations.


If its noticable, it has been thrashed.

 

_________________

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 1093

Joined: 29th Nov 2004

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

Location: Lower Hunter Valley
NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
MilleniumFalcon wrote:
Decent exhaust is expensive is bout the only problem I can think of.

Think the series 1 came with a 185kw engine, and series 2 and 3 had the 220kw.
Plus the series 1 looks ugly in all models :)


WRONG, Series 1 is 185kw, S2 200kw EXCEPT XR8 Rebel which is 220kw, Series 3 is 220kw... and whats wrong with the series 1 XR8, especially with the dual plane wing and ticky kit (no bias, just cause i own one like that)


Mate I think you may be wrong as well. The Rebel only came out in series 3.

I also agree on the series 1 AU. It had a baboon a*** shaped thing in the centre of the dashboard.

 

_________________

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:43 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

UP THE AU :)

good choice of car mate

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:50 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 248

Joined: 13th Oct 2007

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF / TERRITORY

Location: Illawarra
NSW, Australia

MilleniumFalcon wrote:
Plus the series 1 looks ugly in all models :)


Agree :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

HornDog wrote:
MilleniumFalcon wrote:
Plus the series 1 looks ugly in all models :)


Agree :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


yer yer just jealous u C*** are!

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

banarcus wrote:
67RCE wrote:
MilleniumFalcon wrote:
Decent exhaust is expensive is bout the only problem I can think of.

Think the series 1 came with a 185kw engine, and series 2 and 3 had the 220kw.
Plus the series 1 looks ugly in all models :)


WRONG, Series 1 is 185kw, S2 200kw EXCEPT XR8 Rebel which is 220kw, Series 3 is 220kw... and whats wrong with the series 1 XR8, especially with the dual plane wing and ticky kit (no bias, just cause i own one like that)


Mate I think you may be wrong as well. The Rebel only came out in series 3.

I also agree on the series 1 AU. It had a baboon a*** shaped thing in the centre of the dashboard.


Actually, the rebel was released just before the Series 3 with the 220kw motor, (clear tailight indicators, orange side) in about June 01

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 107

Joined: 25th Sep 2007

Power: 284 rwkw

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

Il throw a spanner in the works.

AU XR8 is good car. But I reckon unless your going to go BA XR8 with Boss V8, I would probably buy a Ls1 for the same sort of money you would get an AU XR8. Edit in LS1 and no AU Xr8 will catch it.

BA different story. Please dont throw the book at me, Im just saying If I was thinking AU XR8, id also be thinking VT2-VX SS.

 

_________________

XR6 Turbo, 20 inch wheels, citric acid, 300rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:35 pm 
Fordmods Addict
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 7958

Joined: 1st Jun 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

If you are only looking for outright pace, the LS1 is a better option, but the AU is a better car then VTII-VX.
Has better front and rear suspension, and this is a big call, but I think the AUII-III interior is nicer as well.

 

_________________

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6432

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Steady ED wrote:
this is a big call, but I think the AUII-III interior is nicer as well.

It is a big call cos I think this guy was accurate...

banarcus wrote:
It had a baboon a*** shaped thing in the centre of the dashboard.

See, a baboon's a*** in the AU's dashboard does detract somewhat from any warm fuzzy feelings you can get from the rest of the AU's interior.

But I will say that the AU has great suspension and running gear compared to so many previous Ford models that it makes up for the AU's remaining enormous aesthetic deficiencies.

 

_________________

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 181

Joined: 19th Apr 2006

Ride: Au XR6 VCT

Location: Lismore
NSW, Australia

I can't believe old chiefo suggested a f**k holden you should cut your tounge out mate!!! I'm a very proud ford man. holden yuck!! When do you think the price of the BA's is going to drop if it coinsides with the release of the new falcon sometime next year i could neally hold out for a BA till then. most i look at are round 25

 

_________________

Go the mighty blue oval!!!!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 181

Joined: 19th Apr 2006

Ride: Au XR6 VCT

Location: Lismore
NSW, Australia

In relation to the comment of buying a LS1 i'd rather walk commodores are like arsholes mate everyones got one and the all stink!!!!

 

_________________

Go the mighty blue oval!!!!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 2116

Joined: 13th Aug 2005

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

XR6T citric wrote:
Edit in LS1 and no AU Xr8 will catch it.


Come off it mate, you cant be serious. An edit in an LS1 doesnt make them that great. They lack alot of midrange torque in which the 220kw windsor excels in. Put it like this, two of my mates, one with AU 220 manual, other with VY SS manual, both running exhaust, extractors intake etc both untuned. It is a dead even heat over the 400m. The thing with the fords IMO is that they are too damn comfy, you cant feel the torque/power as much as you do in the holden, IMO my mates VY SS feels as quick as mine in the car but lined up next to each other i'll smoke him all day long.

 

_________________

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:22 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names