au1 xr8 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: au1 xr8
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: au xr8, eb2 gli

QLD, Australia

hi all, i know this has probably being discussed heaps but i cant find it, best mods to get a 185kw au xr8 going hard. Let me know your thoughts. Also what heads are on the au 185 motor? Are they the same as the 200 and 220 motor?

a doctor a day keeps an apple away

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA MkII XR8

WA, Australia

yeah i have the same engine and i reckon its pretty gutless eh. going to get stuck into it soon so i'll be watching this topic too for a bit of advice.

First i need to get rid of that shocking backfire.... :x

Post subject: 185
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:03 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ef XR8 / xe fairmont ghia 393.

SA, Australia

ok im preety sure the heads are the same but i think the gt40p's on the 200 and the 220 engines had a bit more port work....

a good solid start would be a cam change. even the 220 cam would probably give you a bit more kick. otherwise i have opted for the crane 2031. which i will tell you about as soon as i test it... if you choose to go with either one of these cams u will need upgraded Roller Rockers as they require 1:7 RR. other good mods. get a decent exhaust.(headers, better flowing exhaust) then once youve done what you want to it get it flash tuned. to tie the mods together and make the car genrally happier.

jagga

Ef xr8. Charged 9psi, tw 170 heads,track heat intakes,1.72 rockers, f303 cam, custom plazma man/ rapid cooler, 60lb injectors, tko600, sct eliminator, aeromotive fuel system.

393 xe ghia stage 5 als raceglides c4,9" full spool 31spline moser axles. Will be looking at running high 9s low 10's

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: au xr8, eb2 gli

QLD, Australia

thanks mate. so far ive got a 2.5in cat back single exhaust and ss cai done. Has anyone got much experience with flash tuning AU's? Would extractors make much difference as au xr8's have half decent looking headers standard?

a doctor a day keeps an apple away

Post subject: hi
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:17 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ef XR8 / xe fairmont ghia 393.

SA, Australia

i think the standard extractors flow ok. but as far as ive heard aftermarket extractors seem to be the go... i run pacies.. and im very impressed in the difference...i have a full mandrel bent stainless system and im happy with both the note and the performance. it is 2.75"

Ef xr8. Charged 9psi, tw 170 heads,track heat intakes,1.72 rockers, f303 cam, custom plazma man/ rapid cooler, 60lb injectors, tko600, sct eliminator, aeromotive fuel system.

393 xe ghia stage 5 als raceglides c4,9" full spool 31spline moser axles. Will be looking at running high 9s low 10's

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

depending how handy you are with the tools mate you can do most of the work yourself .....if its an auto you wanna keep good bottom end torque...suggest tri y headers small cam 260-270 duration if you have to pay someone to port your heads...buy alloys otherwise you can make good power out of your gt40p,s im gettin 242kw out of mine.... go double valve springs and 1.7 or 1.6 roller rockers depending on the cam you choose...and dont flash tune it till youve finished all your mods (icing on the cake)
...take your time and do plenty of research so you get what your after :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]