Fordmods Logo

AU111 XR8 220......Luv it.... 

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:38 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

More Grunt wrote:
thats funny I find the irs xr's to be a lil on the rare side... I was looking (read dreaming) and 220kw xr8s and didnt see much in the way of irs mentioned. was it optional?

for a street motor i reckon the 220 5ltr would be the go.

Where have you been hiding for the last 10years mate, the AU series falcon was the first to come equiped with IRS rear suspention. The only modles that dont have it are the Station Wagons and the Utes, all other modles from Forte to Fairlane have had IRS rear ends since AU was released, all the way through till today.

Post subject: Re: AU111 XR8 220......Luv it....
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:44 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

DougM wrote:
Hi All.....

I've had my XR8 220 for 2 months now and must say that I love it......I owned a BA XR6T before and it was quick with an edit but the XR8 has so much more character......I figured that for the price difference of the AU and another XR6T I could invest in some aftermarket forced induction(later on)!!! What to do......what to do???????

Anyway, the only mods are a cat back 3" exhaust and CAI......I had it edited last week with a custom tune by Joe at Crescent motorsport and I must say thanks to Joe for the great work....He spent a lot of time fine tuning it ......

The car puts out 176rwkw and 421nm at the wheels........The most important part though is the car is so much more responsive and fun to drive. The custom tune is so much better than the generic tune on the flash tuner......Next test will be at the Creek in the next few weeks just to see what it will do.....

Thanks again Joe!!!!

Hey mate i envi you very much. I also believe that the AU3 XR8 was an awesome machine. The best of the Au's for sure. I still kick myself when the BA was released i went and test drove a manual AU3 XR8 which was one of many surplus falcons that ford couldnt sell. I should have bought it. Instead i waited a few more months and got myself a BA Turbo 6, then into a BA XR8. Now after an insident with a truck :cry: im driving a EB Fairmont Ghia 5.0.

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

ALS008 wrote:
Where have you been hiding for the last 10years mate, the AU series falcon was the first to come equiped with IRS rear suspention. The only modles that dont have it are the Station Wagons and the Utes, all other modles from Forte to Fairlane have had IRS rear ends since AU was released, all the way through till today.

Thats incorrect. Not all AU sedans were equipped with IRS.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

ALS008 wrote:

you schmuck, I own a freaking AU if you look at my avatar, and I can tell you most assuredly they did NOT all come with IRS. All VCT sixes got IRS, this I know, and some of the later XR8s as well according to badcooky.

obviously you've been on planet daydream for the last 10 years.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

IRS was standard with Fairmont Ghia, XR6 VCT & XR8 (Not utes of course) in all AU series, I would like to see a genuine one of the above models without IRS.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

Mine was a series 1 xr8 so tis an early one.
The XR's up had IRS on the first AU's,some of the basic models did not and some had options.Utes and wagons live axle.
And let's all be nice hey ALSO8.

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:51 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

My apology's, i did not realize that the IRS was an option to base modle AU falcons. :oops:

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Most definitely,my au s1 5.0 forte had a live axle .

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

There's something about a 5L AU any series, don't know what it is. they have presence

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:35 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

taking mine down to heathcote one of these days. Has easily got better then 14.4 and 156kmh (shifting between 5-5,500).

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

t2te50 wrote:
Has easily got better then 14.4 and 156kmh (shifting between 5-5,500).

thats awesome

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

DaveXR8 wrote:
AU3's definetly have IRS. I know mine does :lol: really helps with the traction.

yeh I have the series 2 with irs but I have a different problem with mine its lack of traction...... lol lol lol..... love those 5.0ltrs

thanks Doug once you get the rest of the exhaust on we'll check those a/f

cheers

Joe

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:09 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU3 XR8

Power: 191 rwkw

NSW, Australia

yeh I have the series 2 with irs but I have a different problem with mine its lack of traction...... lol lol lol..... love those 5.0ltrs

Dont get me wrong, mine loves to get the a$$ end out :lol: with a bit of a punch but it has definetly got more grip on the road compared to my previous EF.

AU3 XR8 Manual, Full options,Pursuit Lip, Boss bonnet, Hurricane extractors, zorst, SS Induction, K&N filter, Flash tuned...191rwkw

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ba xr6 turbo

VIC, Australia

hey mate..

just reading asbout your au xr8 sounds loke a nice car, everyone on here is talking about how to compair the ba xr8 and the au xr8, stock they might run close 1/4 miles, but if you do the same mods to a ba as you havedone to your au the ba will kill it,, exhaust tune on a ba xr8 will have it down the 1/4 only cause the tauque will be much higher and the boss motors LOVE to breath, i pretty much have the same mods on my ba xr8 exhaust cold air, and a underdrive pully and herrod spacer, has not been tuned but has got 240 at the wheels, so my spacer and pully would match the tune if not less then the tune and it ran a 13.6 down the 1/4 mile,

apart from thats point your car sounds awsome mate, post up a photo so can have a look at this ncie car of yours

cheers

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2