Fordmods Logo

AU3 XR8 220kw - Mid 13sec pass, how much? 

Page 5 of 6 [ 86 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Soarers arent a bad car.

A few problems a mate has encountered are:

Blown diff (not beefy enough from factory)

Needed a set of coil overs as they corner as well as an oil tanker,

interior cracking in a few places as alot of them came out with *sigh* bakelite,

and a torque converter ( from to many hard launches :twisted: )so he got a hi stall.

oh and not to mention constant fading of the headlights which is just purely cosmetics.

If thats what your after then its not a bad choice if u can find a great example.

And dont be put off if u open the bonnet to find "YAMAHA" on the head of the 1jz, Toyota got yamaha to do the head design on em.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

YTMONT wrote:
Demo_efman wrote:
i reckon go the blower path so much easier to install and you dont need to open the motor up!! and capa do kits for about 5 maybe a bit over and you will have something like 350 kws!! check out the site - i grabbed a flyer at bathurst about there cars but i cant find it!!

5k for a CAPA blower kit installed? I don't think so.. certainly not for 350rwkw.
Capa do not quote RWkW rather FWkW. Either way 400hp (300 odd kW) at the flywheel is nothing to laugh at.

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

schnoods wrote:
Soarers arent a bad car.

A few problems a mate has encountered are:

Blown diff (not beefy enough from factory)

Needed a set of coil overs as they corner as well as an oil tanker,

interior cracking in a few places as alot of them came out with *sigh* bakelite,

and a torque converter ( from to many hard launches :twisted: )so he got a hi stall.

oh and not to mention constant fading of the headlights which is just purely cosmetics.

If thats what your after then its not a bad choice if u can find a great example.

And dont be put off if u open the bonnet to find "YAMAHA" on the head of the 1jz, Toyota got yamaha to do the head design on em.

Diff - Some got the Supra TORSEN LSD, which is an awesome diff, which is what i'll be looking for
Suspension - The V8s got different suspension to the 2.5TTs, they handle alright for a big car
Interior - meh, i'll be looking for good interior, not gonna buy one that's all f**k
torque converter - lol, decent power to any auto with plenty of tough launches will take its toll
fading ofthe headlights, lol, just like the ef's :p. not really that much of an issue.

As i said, seems to be the best value for money at that pricepoint.

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
YTMONT wrote:
Demo_efman wrote:
i reckon go the blower path so much easier to install and you dont need to open the motor up!! and capa do kits for about 5 maybe a bit over and you will have something like 350 kws!! check out the site - i grabbed a flyer at bathurst about there cars but i cant find it!!

5k for a CAPA blower kit installed? I don't think so.. certainly not for 350rwkw.
Capa do not quote RWkW rather FWkW. Either way 400hp (300 odd kW) at the flywheel is nothing to laugh at.

Certainly isn't that's good power, but doubt the gearbox would hold it for too long. Either way, as much as I like the au xr8, i just can't justify borrowing another 10k plus pouring another 5-10k in mods into it. too much money.

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

haha this wins the award for "content not relating to title of thread"

current ride: worn out chuck taylors

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

-clampy- wrote:
haha this wins the award for "content not relating to title of thread"

very true, i started the thread though, so i can whore it out lol.
this topic really ended like a month ago, was avery straightforward question, just somehow got onto what car i was getting next.

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF XR8 & 2002 GSXR-1000

WA, Australia

YTMONT wrote:
Diff - Some got the Supra TORSEN LSD, which is an awesome diff, which is what i'll be looking for
Suspension - The V8s got different suspension to the 2.5TTs, they handle alright for a big car
Interior - meh, i'll be looking for good interior, not gonna buy one that's all f**k
torque converter - lol, decent power to any auto with plenty of tough launches will take its toll
fading ofthe headlights, lol, just like the ef's :p. not really that much of an issue.

As someone else has already said, you really do sound like you have made up your mind already. Just go grab one. :lol:

The fast fun: Suzuki GSXR1000
The one I use when I can't use the fast fun: Blown EF XR8

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Kilma wrote:
YTMONT wrote:

As someone else has already said, you really do sound like you have made up your mind already. Just go grab one. :lol:

hahaha, i have made up my mind already, just waiting to find one that's not thrashed as f**k :p. Just responding to several things raised.
Will probably still buy an EA or something as a runaround lol.

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

well what a waste of time it was for us all to post what we thought lol - well sourers are good 0 but to find one in good nick is a whole diferent ball game - most have been half done up and some are just cheap imports with all the interiors in s**t condition!! but good luck any mate!

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Demo_efman wrote:
well what a waste of time it was for us all to post what we thought lol - well sourers are good 0 but to find one in good nick is a whole diferent ball game - most have been half done up and some are just cheap imports with all the interiors in s**t condition!! but good luck any mate!

not necessarily, i've only really decided on the soarer last week. it really just came down to not wanting to go further into debt for the xr8.

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

YTMONT wrote:
Demo_efman wrote:

not necessarily, i've only really decided on the soarer last week. it really just came down to not wanting to go further into debt for the xr8.

Well i know what you mean. I have an xr8 ( ef ) that i will be offloading to my brother in law which is a shame that its only got 118k on the clock but im after some more grunt.

Im looking towards the red badge to cure the urges ( a wh statesman) as it has luxury and power to my liking. I would've considered a fairlane if they didnt have the 5L is it wouldnt really be an upgrade tp me.

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

sorry double post.

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

schnoods wrote:
YTMONT wrote:
Demo_efman wrote:

Well i know what you mean. I have an xr8 ( ef ) that i will be offloading to my brother in law which is a shame that its only got 118k on the clock but im after some more grunt.

Im looking towards the red badge to cure the urges ( a wh statesman) as it has luxury and power to my liking. I would've considered a fairlane if they didnt have the 5L is it wouldnt really be an upgrade tp me.

better off going jap than a holden :wink: particularly an early oilburner ls1. get a chaser ;) 1jz ftw.

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I would've considered a jap car but for under 20k a car with under 100000 on the clock and less than 5 years old it was a pretty easy decision.

Plus insurance and the tunability of the ls1 ( try 220 rwkw with exhaust, intake and mafless tune ) made my mind up. As well the leather interior, wood grain dash and 10 stack cd makes it a bit sweeter. :wink:

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

schnoods wrote:
I would've considered a jap car but for under 20k a car with under 100000 on the clock and less than 5 years old it was a pretty easy decision.

Plus insurance and the tunability of the ls1 ( try 220 rwkw with exhaust, intake and mafless tune ) made my mind up. As well the leather interior, wood grain dash and 10 stack cd makes it a bit sweeter. :wink:

insurance is normally massive on the ls1s cmopared to the turbo toyotas...

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 6  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next