Fordmods Logo

AUII Xr8 motors 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: AUII Xr8 motors
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

What heads did the AUII XR8 200kw motors have?

Also, what sort of money would you be paying for a complete motor with manifolds and all accessories (alt, AC comp, PS pump etc?)

And..... if I were to put one of these into an EL ghia V8, what sort of issues would I have.... ie ignition and mapping etc? Would the EL 'puter run it?

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:15 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

waste of money mate unless your original motor has kicked the bucket. AU3 xr8 motor would be the one to go for but hard to come by.

I had a chance of buying a au2 xr8 motor with 30,000km!! not that long ago from the shifty YULLAHS down the road.

Also had the chance to buy a clean yellow XA GT for $13,500, but lets not go down that path.

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

just put some au heads and intake onto yours and its basically the same. much easier than a full engine transplant.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

Thanks for that guys.... Did they have GT40p's?

I just thought, if they came with those and the explorer manifold, then a good cheap complete motor might be a good way to go....

I can see the benefit of putting the heads and manifold on the engine already in the car, and would just do that even if I bought the complete motor......

If I bought the complete motor tho, I could put all the old EL gear on the AU bottom end and sell a complete motor with the E7's and the HO manifold?? and therefore recover some of the cost......

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

yes thats true although the cost of the gaskets and stuff will negate most of the recovered cost.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Yep, std GT40P's....same as non-XR AU V8's.

They did get roller rockers and a bigger cam though.

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XB ute, ED mont

WA, Australia

I bought a au2 handbuilt one for 1800 about sixmonths ago with 80 thou kms on it, has yella terra roller rockers too, your standard computer will run it only if you use your standard 19lbs injectors, if you use the blue tops 24lbs you will need a chip or tuner of sum sort.

ED Fairmont, XR lights, AU tickford 200kw, GT-P 18's, TwEEcer, 230kw, KAAZ LSD.

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

It would be easier to do a full engine transplant IMO. You'd basically just be dropping in a basic long motor from sump to lower inlet manifold.
Swap the distributor, H/balancer, injectors, engine wiring loom and TPS from your std motor onto the AU one with the std computer running it.
Also use your own alternator, tensioner, idler bracket and assembly and also the powersteering, A/C bracket assembly along with your std coil on top.
Youd also have to delete the EGR set-up. Which when done properly shouldnt cause a drama.
Also use AU intake pipe from MAF to T/B and the AU AIT sensor mounted in it. Might have to lengthen wires and change plug to suit though but much easier than removing the lower then drilling and tapping for it or sourcing an EL/XH lower explorer.
Everything else should be a direct swap. The TPS from your EL will require the holes to be elongated to fit the AU 65mm T/B but thats an easy fix.

Obviously wouldnt be making the power that it was in the AU as your still running 19lb injectors and std MAF but that obviously a mod you'll have to look at in the near future. I'd look at adding some 1.7 rockers too on the 200kw cam. Would want to check P/V clearance though.

That'd be the route i'd take if it was my situation. Should be picking up engine for about $1000-$1500 i'd imagine.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:17 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Ford FG XR6 TURBO

VIC, Australia

Also use AU intake pipe from MAF to T/B and the AU AIT sensor mounted in it. When you do this which way do the wires go.

Current ride Ford FG XR6 TURBO

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]