Fordmods Logo

auxr8 motor had running but had to change a few things... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: auxr8 motor had running but had to change a few things...
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:14 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ef XR8 / xe fairmont ghia 393.

SA, Australia

hey guys as said i had the auxr8 motor running in the ef however that was with just a very dodgy wiring job a mate did 4 me... so basically im happy ythat the motor runs... now all i gotts to do is change all of the ef acc back over on to the au block... ... i have removed the coilpacks and am now running the distributor and also i have taken off the au alternator. i just need to know how to remove the alternator bracket then i can get back in to business... cheers guys...
jagga

oh yeah i will be running the cappa eliminator chip on the car for all of yous who sorta know what imm up 2... catcha. and thanx for all ur help so far on this saga thats turned my xr8 into a complete project car... this is really exiting for me as its the most ive ever modified a car.

Ef xr8. Charged 9psi, tw 170 heads,track heat intakes,1.72 rockers, f303 cam, custom plazma man/ rapid cooler, 60lb injectors, tko600, sct eliminator, aeromotive fuel system.

393 xe ghia stage 5 als raceglides c4,9" full spool 31spline moser axles. Will be looking at running high 9s low 10's

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Good decisions to run the EF dissy/accessories, and tune with the CAPA Eliminator chip.

The alternator bracket has three bolts that go from the bracket into the front of the cylinder head. Undo those, and the whole lot will come off the front of the motor.

I can post a pic if you need...

Post subject: a pic will prob help as
Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:26 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ef XR8 / xe fairmont ghia 393.

SA, Australia

a pic will prob help as im having trouble gettting it off all bolts are off but shes on tight in there

cheers

Ef xr8. Charged 9psi, tw 170 heads,track heat intakes,1.72 rockers, f303 cam, custom plazma man/ rapid cooler, 60lb injectors, tko600, sct eliminator, aeromotive fuel system.

393 xe ghia stage 5 als raceglides c4,9" full spool 31spline moser axles. Will be looking at running high 9s low 10's

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]