Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: BA 220kw ute
Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Gday my brother is thinking of buying this 2004 BA 5 speed 5.4l 220kw ute. What do these go like? Do they have a bit of go? and do people make cams for them?

Cheers

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Post subject: Re: BA 220kw ute
Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: BA Fairmont Giah v8+more

NSW, Australia

they go ok stock but once you start to modify its even better i just orderd cams and cam phasers for my 3v of comp cams there using them in the states in the mustangs get on the comp web site and check it out but one thing you have to remember is the amount of vct camphaser movement EG: standard phasers can move up to 60 degres but when you install the bigger cams you have to get lock up vct phasers which only usually move up to about 20 degrese, this is to prevent the pistions hittong the valves, however the computer has to be reset in the phaser settings which is not hard if you have the software. Alot of the cams are compatible with standard valve springs and lifters, tuning is cheap and easy if you now how!!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way the idle is so nice and lumpy but quick.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]