Fordmods Logo

ba xr8 mod motor to windsor 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: ba xr8 mod motor to windsor
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 9

Joined: 18th Nov 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: falcon xr8

Location: gympie
QLD, Australia

G'day guy's and girls new member so go easy.
I have a 2004 police pack ba xr8 currently running consistant 12's the question is.....
I have seen clevelands transplanted into the shells would it be possible or viable to fit a 351w from a us mustang without too much drama's? will i have to change bell housings (t5), the plan is to fit and stroke a 351w to 400ci (roughly) and then fit twin t51r spl turbos. with the mod motor there simply is no room. Any ideas? also is it possible to carb a late model car with the current emissions laws?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba xr8 mod motor to windsor
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

darkshine5 wrote:
G'day guy's and girls new member so go easy.
I have a 2004 police pack ba xr8 currently running consistant 12's the question is.....
I have seen clevelands transplanted into the shells would it be possible or viable to fit a 351w from a us mustang without too much drama's? will i have to change bell housings (t5), the plan is to fit and stroke a 351w to 400ci (roughly) and then fit twin t51r spl turbos. with the mod motor there simply is no room. Any ideas? also is it possible to carb a late model car with the current emissions laws?


You can put an old school engine into a late model car.....has to run straight LPG......no petrol.
I'm not sure if there is a cut off manufacture date for this.
I fitted a 307 Chev into a '90 model Surf.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba xr8 mod motor to windsor
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:23 pm 
Fordmods Addict
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 7958

Joined: 1st Jun 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

twin 1000hp compressors on six and a half odd litres of motor and you are worried about emissions.
and whether your T5 will fit :lol:

 

_________________

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba xr8 mod motor to windsor
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1043

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

Even on straight LPG I still think you will have dramas getting a 90s engine legal in a 2004 model car.

If you use an E-series it will be a lot easier and you will save yourself 150kg straight off the bat.

 

_________________

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba xr8 mod motor to windsor
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 3406

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Ride: AU2 Ute

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Has anyone seen an LPG system support 2000hp?

Sounds like a great project. Be sure to post pics.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba xr8 mod motor to windsor
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 9

Joined: 18th Nov 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: falcon xr8

Location: gympie
QLD, Australia

the other idea was to use a ba xt with a 3 valve and spend the money on that but i will still have probs with engine bay size i believe? The car is a regular at the havoc street series at willowbank...anyone else from ford mods compete?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba xr8 mod motor to windsor
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1043

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

3V with a Kenne Bell roots blower would be an easier idea. They can get a 2.3T pickup to run 10s

http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ ... 54_26L.htm

 

_________________

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba xr8 mod motor to windsor
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

Sturmovik wrote:
3V with a Kenne Bell roots blower would be an easier idea. They can get a 2.3T pickup to run 10s

http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ ... 54_26L.htm


5.4 DOHC + Kenne Bell. on the "small" 2.6L KB, 440rwkw is possible, on the 2.8L KB, over 500rwkw is easy.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba xr8 mod motor to windsor
Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 9

Joined: 18th Nov 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: falcon xr8

Location: gympie
QLD, Australia

yeah true BUT it's been done to death in the states and i have two t51's kickin around in my shed which gotta be used on something lol...... if worse comes to worse i'll put 1 one the boss motor....I like my mod motor but it's so frickin big!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba xr8 mod motor to windsor
Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 9

Joined: 18th Nov 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: falcon xr8

Location: gympie
QLD, Australia

oh guys i have a wanted bit as you could prob guess the car is raced regularly so i also regularly break inner r/h rear cv joints anyone have a spare shaft around? i gotta drive the car at xmas time
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba xr8 mod motor to windsor
Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:40 am 
EFI Guru
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 4289

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Clevelands and windsors have the same engine mounts and bellhousing patterns.
Here is the difference between small block and modular patterns...not much, 5 of the six bolts line up and of course the BA has a side entry starter so the starter missmatch here is of no consequence. Modulars don't have separate block dowells like a smallblock they have hollow dowells around two of the bolts.
Image
Btw a T5 behind a twin turbo anything AAAAAH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR!
You have no hope with emissions.
There are already low mount twin turbo Modular kits available so I wouldn't be so concerned with swapping to a smallblock.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba xr8 mod motor to windsor
Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:22 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 9

Joined: 18th Nov 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: falcon xr8

Location: gympie
QLD, Australia

thanks for the info like i say i have alot of the parts here but if it can't be legal it might be dead before it begins.....still a single compressor on the 5.4 maybe with a shm 6.0 stroker block might be fun too and about the same dollars with the 91 cents exchange rate. Any ideas guys I wanna build this into a monster run a couple of "slow" passes to still compete in the havoc series and then move into another faster category. Any-one out there have expeierence with these motors turbo'd as far as tuning goes would a flash x3 do the job or should i look at a stand alone system (motec m8800)? Intercooling water to air or air-air, High or low compression?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba xr8 mod motor to windsor
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
twin 1000hp compressors on six and a half odd litres of motor and you are worried about emissions.
and whether your T5 will fit :lol:


Last night I was looking on youtube and I saw a few clips of a mad BA ute that used to be twin turbo'd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9SLk4Fmm4o

and thought that since it has number plates I can do that to mine as well :roll:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba xr8 mod motor to windsor
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

darkshine5 wrote:
thanks for the info like i say i have alot of the parts here but if it can't be legal it might be dead before it begins.....still a single compressor on the 5.4 maybe with a shm 6.0 stroker block might be fun too and about the same dollars with the 91 cents exchange rate. Any ideas guys I wanna build this into a monster run a couple of "slow" passes to still compete in the havoc series and then move into another faster category. Any-one out there have expeierence with these motors turbo'd as far as tuning goes would a flash x3 do the job or should i look at a stand alone system (motec m8800)? Intercooling water to air or air-air, High or low compression?


Read this again slowly (especially from the flashx3 part onwards), then read through the forced induction section.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba xr8 mod motor to windsor
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2410

Joined: 4th Sep 2006

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

U can get it to pass if u have twin 400cpi cat converter plus air pumps on cat and a really good tuner but alot of hassal and money spent

 

_________________

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:58 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names