Fordmods Logo

BA XT vs EL XR8 

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:44 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 2002 XR8 manual

NSW, Australia

Personally... the XT is too plain... i would much perfer the EL XR8... nicer looking car... and as soon as i hear a V8... im in love!!...

I used to like the XR6 Ba's... untill every man and his dog bought one... they are way too common... if i were to buy a BA/BF series... it would have to be XR8 or a GT/P... They are an awesome looking car...

But it will be many years untill i can afford a GT Falcon... Ill just stick with my Fairmont Ghia V8 For the moment :P...

AU XR8 manual.

Post subject: XR8
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:44 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL II XR8

Power: 146 rwkw

SA, Australia

next time theres a street meet id gladly volunteer my EL 2 XR8 for a comparison :lol:

Iv'e driven a BA XT auto too, and it seemed to be smoother but not sure about faster, but when modified the Ford six pack of today is undoubtably a well responding engine for few dollars, i mean compare a BA V8 to the EL V8.. cars have come along way.

the XR8 in 1997 still had rough edges heads, MAF, TB etc , but with minor mods such as exhaust etc my vote mite still lie with the XR8.

Just cos I love my baby!!!

EL II XR8 - project powerdyne.
www.modfordclub.proboards101.com
www.mumbo.com.au

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:47 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL II XR8

Power: 146 rwkw

SA, Australia

what about the new CAPA flash tuner thing they advertised on p15 of performance Ford, with the 3 stage tune.. are these similar to a BA edit?

it says EF/EL V8 - coming soon.

EL II XR8 - project powerdyne.
www.modfordclub.proboards101.com
www.mumbo.com.au

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ba falcon

WA, Australia

given ba xt isnt a looker straight out of the box but its not hard to tart her up.. drop her on some 19s color code the strip on the side and splash around some chrome and u have one fat good looking car

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

downingj wrote:
I wouldn't mind taking this thread in a new direction:

How about 80-120? Which car do you think would be faster? The EL XR8 or the BA XT?

BA XT should, shouldn't it? Becuase the XR8's heads are too restrictiveup the top end?

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:57 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU Falcon

SA, Australia

Have driven EL, AU, and BA sixes not that much difference off the line between them really, not enough to feel anyway, its only when the BA gets wound up and the twin cam comes into effect at about 3500 rpm that you notice it. You can really feel the pull as the motor peaks. The other added bonus is that other shift you can use to manualise the changes, that I would like on my EL

98 AU Falcon Futura I6 ABS & Cruise stock (The Wifes car

99 AU Falcon Duel Fuel - Xcab

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Yeah you can really notice the variable timing coming in.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

NSW, Australia

EFNWIKD6 wrote:
what about the new CAPA flash tuner thing they advertised on p15 of performance Ford, with the 3 stage tune.. are these similar to a BA edit?

it says EF/EL V8 - coming soon.

they have been talking about the tuner for ages now, but I feel that if tweecer haven't cracked the ecu yet, its only a matter of time before someone does.
the E series EEC is too emission orientated, but has a big potential when tuned to an engines individual needs.
can't wait!

IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:36 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

My mate in a EF XR8 Ran a 15.06 in, Manual, exhaust extractors and i think was slipping 2nd gear.

so im assuming the EL2 XR8 would be around that time stock,with them mods a high 14, AUTO would be abit slower around the 15.4 15.5 mark, stock

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:06 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Its pretty hard who to belive, if you look at what everyone says... the EL XR8 can run anything from High 14's.... to low 16's.. i mean come on... someone must have quatermile times for a Stock EL II XR8...

My mate has a Nissan Pulsar SSS, it runs between 15.7 - 15-8... My Auto Fairmont Ghia V8 can beat him a few car lengths ahead... so im guessing about 15.5 - 15.6... for my Fairmont

So if you add 20kw, a touch of torque, and about 15kgs lighter... the EL II XR8 should be about 15.4 - 15.5...

But its anyones guess... i havent seen anyone with solid stats yet, im only estimating like everyone else...

In my opinion, i would take the XR8 over the Falcon XT, im a V8 fan, and im also a fan of the E series... Love the shape.

AU XR8 manual.

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: XR6

VIC, Australia

orloxsis wrote:
My dad used to own a EX Cop VH SL/E Commodore... with a 5 litre V8... the police mods included... Larger carby, High pressure fuel pump, extractors and twin 2.25" exhaust.. im pretty sure that would go harder than a stock 5 Litre SL/E....

Other than that.. the car was a piece of s**t... fell apart... and rusted to death.

can tell you now the BT1 bro has no power parts on it they were just like any other car just yellow or white and had FE2 suspension my best mate works at holden as a mechanic and told me its just a bit hype that all wogs think they go harder, the only one that had anything was the vl turbo and that was same as a non cop one.

BA XR8 BOSS 260
Winter White
18' gt-p wheels
Flash Tuned
2 jl 13.5' w3's
tv indash

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

lol. I dragged some wog in his "ex-cop" fully sick VT. The xr6 hurt his ego.

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

orloxsis wrote:
Its pretty hard who to belive, if you look at what everyone says... the EL XR8 can run anything from High 14's.... to low 16's.. i mean come on... someone must have quatermile times for a Stock EL II XR8...

My mate has a Nissan Pulsar SSS, it runs between 15.7 - 15-8... My Auto Fairmont Ghia V8 can beat him a few car lengths ahead... so im guessing about 15.5 - 15.6... for my Fairmont

So if you add 20kw, a touch of torque, and about 15kgs lighter... the EL II XR8 should be about 15.4 - 15.5...

But its anyones guess... i havent seen anyone with solid stats yet, im only estimating like everyone else...

In my opinion, i would take the XR8 over the Falcon XT, im a V8 fan, and im also a fan of the E series... Love the shape.

Yeah I've found that on here too.

The same car can run anywhere between 13-16 second quarters, if you are to believe some people :lol:

My GUESS for ELII would be 15.1-15.3. What, with motor getting EF-AU XR6's to do 15.3 second quarters, you'd think the ELII XR8 should be capable of equaling or bettering it, I would have thought.........

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:57 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

sickd wrote:
orloxsis wrote:
My dad used to own a EX Cop VH SL/E Commodore... with a 5 litre V8... the police mods included... Larger carby, High pressure fuel pump, extractors and twin 2.25" exhaust.. im pretty sure that would go harder than a stock 5 Litre SL/E....

Other than that.. the car was a piece of s**t... fell apart... and rusted to death.

can tell you now the BT1 bro has no power parts on it they were just like any other car just yellow or white and had FE2 suspension my best mate works at holden as a mechanic and told me its just a bit hype that all wogs think they go harder, the only one that had anything was the vl turbo and that was same as a non cop one.

This commy had work done, might not have been done by the police who owned it, but it did have work done to it.

AU XR8 manual.

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

The BT1's, have the FE2 suspension, SS seats and dash, but no other engine mods done to them.
Some come in auto and manual if you're lucky, with the V8 obviously.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next