Fordmods Logo

BBK SSI Manifold 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: BBK SSI Manifold
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:37 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

Is it possible to rotate the upper half on the BBK SSI manifold so the TB faces the same way it does on the AUS spec 5L? or will i have to moce my battery to the boot, Header tank and ABS modules to fit the manifold to my AU.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:41 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 46

Posts: 3763

Joined: 25th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

Location: Sydney Australia
NSW, Australia

From what i remember, they were non reversible. The bonus with them is the fuel rails. They lack a little in the top end of the rev range. Trick looking bit of gear though
Brett

 

_________________

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:00 am 
EFI Guru
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 4289

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

I think they are reversible but if you had to have a reversed intake you'd get the Holley Systemax2. Having said that you have an AU so leave the explorer intake on it or port it and put it back on.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:07 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 50

Posts: 3227

Joined: 12th Feb 2007

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

Location: your mums
NSW, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
I think they are reversible but if you had to have a reversed intake you'd get the Holley Systemax2. Having said that you have an AU so leave the explorer intake on it or port it and put it back on.


here is one for the gurus of the 8

with a explorer intake can you use one using a stock EB v8 TB and get any gains as well as using the stock maff.

also how far can you port the explorer intake before its no good or too thin walled.

 

_________________

BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:22 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
I think they are reversible but if you had to have a reversed intake you'd get the Holley Systemax2. Having said that you have an AU so leave the explorer intake on it or port it and put it back on.


I've been looking at the SSI, seen decent gains out of it, and was just wondering whether i would have to move everything, which i guess i do, main reason for the BBK manifold is boost power/torque and spice up the factory engine bay.

BTW XR9UTE, what do you think of this setup: AU1 Bottom end, Crane (i think) 621371 Cam, 1.7:1 Roller rockers, Pro-M 74mm MAF, 24lb FMS injectors, and the BBK Manifold, im hoping that could pump out around 270rwhp (cam saw 210rwkw with ported GT40's, stock MAF and RPMII Manifold in a mates ED Sprint) head will stay stock for mow, then AFR165's after PowerCruise sometime

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 661

Joined: 2nd Dec 2004

Ride: AU XR8

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
AU1 Bottom end, Crane (i think) 621371 Cam, 1.7:1 Roller rockers, Pro-M 74mm MAF, 24lb FMS injectors, and the BBK Manifold, im hoping that could pump out around 270rwhp

Is this for your AU XR8? Auto or Manual? Diff ratio? If so, you've already got a 70mm MAF and 24lb injectors.

Just run the cam, and valvesprings/retainers/locks to suit. Thats a Crow cam number. Is it designed for 1.6:1 or 1.7:1 rockers? You may need to change pushrod length as well.

I wouldn't bother changing the Explorer intake if you are running std GT40P heads.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

manual, 3.45, cam is for 1.7 rockers, stock MAF is f**k, the GT40Ps will be ported, the AU 1 got 19lb injectors IIRC

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 661

Joined: 2nd Dec 2004

Ride: AU XR8

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
manual, 3.45, cam is for 1.7 rockers, stock MAF is f**k, the GT40Ps will be ported, the AU 1 got 19lb injectors IIRC

Get the lower half of your Explorer intake ported with the heads, and have the valvespring pockets in heads machined so that you can run a decent set of springs to suit whatever cam you decide on.

What do you mean "stock MAF is f**k"? Are you saying you think it is crap, or is your MAF broken? You would not be better of with a Pro-M MAF...

Very few AU1 V8's had 19lb injectors. Check the Bosch part number on the side of the injector (will look like 0 280 150 xxx xxx) before you make a decision. Those FMS injectors you mentioned are EV1 "pintle" type injectors which you dont want if you really dont need to, and thats even before considering that you need to change injector plugs on your loom to fit them....there are better options out there.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 661

Joined: 2nd Dec 2004

Ride: AU XR8

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

sry.....double post
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:34 pm 
EFI Guru
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 4289

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

What xr8ute said. I'd still use a ported explorer even with the AFR's which would be the first thing I'd buy and use them with the stock cam. Your MAF and injectors will be fine.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

xr8ute wrote:
67RCE wrote:
manual, 3.45, cam is for 1.7 rockers, stock MAF is f**k, the GT40Ps will be ported, the AU 1 got 19lb injectors IIRC

Get the lower half of your Explorer intake ported with the heads, and have the valvespring pockets in heads machined so that you can run a decent set of springs to suit whatever cam you decide on.

What do you mean "stock MAF is f**k"? Are you saying you think it is crap, or is your MAF broken? You would not be better of with a Pro-M MAF...

Very few AU1 V8's had 19lb injectors. Check the Bosch part number on the side of the injector (will look like 0 280 150 xxx xxx) before you make a decision. Those FMS injectors you mentioned are EV1 "pintle" type injectors which you dont want if you really dont need to, and thats even before considering that you need to change injector plugs on your loom to fit them....there are better options out there.


My current MAF is causing the car to run rich and idle erratically and stalling, it is alsn an 8/98 build

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 661

Joined: 2nd Dec 2004

Ride: AU XR8

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
My current MAF is causing the car to run rich and idle erratically and stalling, it is alsn an 8/98 build

How was it decided that the MAF is the cause of those problems? There are a lot of things that can contribute to those symptoms on a 10yr old car. I assume you have tried cleaning the MAF wires, checked plugs, leads, cleaned ISC, checked TPS, checked airleaks etc....

Build date cannot be used to determine the size of your injectors. You'll need to lift the bonnet and write down the Bosch part number. If you can't find the info via Google, then post the part number up in this thread.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

Part number: 0 280 155 917 on the other side of the injector - XL2E-C5A

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:48 pm 
EFI Guru
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 4289

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

67RCE wrote:
Part number: 0 280 155 917 on the other side of the injector - XL2E-C5A


That's a 19lb part number all right....are they orange? Got any engine pics?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

Yes they are Orange, no engine pics, will get some though

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:49 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names