Fordmods Logo

best place to work a ba/bf XR8 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: best place to work a ba/bf XR8
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ba xr6 turbo

VIC, Australia

heys guys aint been on here for ages.. just wanted to know where are the best places to get my xr8 worked... i dont want no s**t charges or anything i want a worked motor like cams head s**t liek that.. any idea and has any one done this and what sort of power we looking at???

cheers

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

you need to give us more info on what you want to do with the car and what sort of budget you will be looking at. as for how much power, how long is a piece of string???? herrod motorsport do great work but you need deep pockets.

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:58 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

your comment "i dont want no s**t charges" implied you dont want to spend alot of money.
In this industry and particularly with late model vehicles YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:12 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

start with an off the shelf flash tuner and exhaust, then as you want more power en money allows you can mess with cam's and other gear.. The B series has alot to gain from a decent flash tune, you could get a custom tune, but without knowing exactly what you are after I can only anser as vauge as your original post.

I have a car.

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

the reason i say i dont want a charger smart a** is cause i like natural asperated motors... ie marks el that i sold him.. no need for chargers.. if u use ur head thats actually cheap way to get power.. chuck a charger on it and ull get 350kw or whateverr.. 3 grand.. price isnt an option when it comes to stripping a motor down and puttin in hours a labour to do so.. herrod do awsome work i know.. and they will prob get the job.. but they have chargers n stuff but thats boring power to me.. ide rather the note of a motor with head work cam flush tuner exhaust extracrots s**t like that that make the car go harder and also sound bettewr.. just just have air going through the car faster that makes it go better but still sound like the car is stock but goes hard.. now do you get where i am coming from??

its like a fast car with great sound AND good work done to it.... throtle bodies s**t like thta awsome power and sound good too.. not a whistle.. so if anyone else wantgs to answer what a i ask and some of the people did (thanks for that) but those of you that wanna come on here and act like ya cool please dont bother!!!

also when it comes down to the cost i aint worried about it as of yet.. im looking at a worst case price and then ill work my way from there

cheers guys

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

the reason i say i dont want a charger smart a** is cause i like natural asperated motors... ie marks el that i sold him.. no need for chargers.. if u use ur head thats actually cheap way to get power.. chuck a charger on it and ull get 350kw or whateverr.. 3 grand.. price isnt an option when it comes to stripping a motor down and puttin in hours a labour to do so.. herrod do awsome work i know.. and they will prob get the job.. but they have chargers n stuff but thats boring power to me.. ide rather the note of a motor with head work cam flush tuner exhaust extracrots s**t like that that make the car go harder and also sound bettewr.. just just have air going through the car faster that makes it go better but still sound like the car is stock but goes hard.. now do you get where i am coming from??

its like a fast car with great sound AND good work done to it.... throtle bodies s**t like thta awsome power and sound good too.. not a whistle.. so if anyone else wantgs to answer what a i ask and some of the people did (thanks for that) but those of you that wanna come on here and act like ya cool please dont bother!!!

also when it comes down to the cost i aint worried about it as of yet.. im looking at a worst case price and then ill work my way from there

cheers guys

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

I think he took it as charges (ie cost of the bill).

Anyways a few people have made around 255kw at the wheels on the XR8 without going into the motor N/A. As for cams, the ones lucky enough to go aftermarket ones have been getting slightly poorish results wen considering the cost, around 20-30 hp and the cams arent cheap either. Especially when you need four of em.

Bluepower have done alot of work in this area, same as Herrod.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

thanks schnoods, if thats how he took it then i apolagise.. if not then ah well..

yeah 255kw isnt bad but i do wish for more. i was lookin around the 300 or more kilowatts cause i want a car that will be lots of fun.. i have looked at gettin the tune and stuff.. herrod told me for my mums force 8 that 270 at the wheels is easy to get with a good tune and the exhaust n air box she has on it.. so i might have to have a chat to them.. cheers mate

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

go to bluepower racing in campbellfield they get the best results with the ba's/bf's

series3 xr8 5 speed manual, pacemaker extractors, 3' exhaust, lowered cold air intake, k&n filter, interior, 3.9s
13.9584 @ 98.51 mph 1.9447 60 ft
188.9rwkw 525nm torque
AU2te50 lowered twin 2.5 inch exhaust

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

For all Ford work i would go straight to Chris at Blue Power, he will tell you exactly what needs to be done and will tell you straight out not to bother putting cams in your car, but at the end of the day you're the customer so he'll do what makes you happy.

For the money spent on cams in a boss you don't get a hell of a lot out of. From memory one of ACE/Bluepowers customers got a full engine rebuild with higher compression (which i believe is needed for cams to get the most out of em), cams and head work and made somewhere between 270-280rwkw (from around 250rwkw) and the best time in race trim they could get was 11.87, considering Craigs old xr8 did a best of 12.05 with just exhaust cai tune underdrives and 4.11s. Yes the camed boss did sound f**k TUFF and went hard, but there's no value for money as compared to what you would get from a charger, and both around the 9-10k mark most ppl tend to pick the charger (unless you rebuild the engine yourself but even then it's still costly).

So in saying that it really depends what you want and how much your willing to spend. But i highly recommend talking to Chris because he looks after his customers, not his back pocket

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

punktured wrote:
For all Ford work i would go straight to Chris at Blue Power, he will tell you exactly what needs to be done and will tell you straight out not to bother putting cams in your car, but at the end of the day you're the customer so he'll do what makes you happy.

For the money spent on cams in a boss you don't get a hell of a lot out of. From memory one of ACE/Bluepowers customers got a full engine rebuild with higher compression (which i believe is needed for cams to get the most out of em), cams and head work and made somewhere between 270-280rwkw (from around 250rwkw) and the best time in race trim they could get was 11.87, considering Craigs old xr8 did a best of 12.05 with just exhaust cai tune underdrives and 4.11s. Yes the camed boss did sound f**k TUFF and went hard, but there's no value for money as compared to what you would get from a charger, and both around the 9-10k mark most ppl tend to pick the charger (unless you rebuild the engine yourself but even then it's still costly).

So in saying that it really depends what you want and how much your willing to spend. But i highly recommend talking to Chris because he looks after his customers, not his back pocket
thanks guys.. i have spoken to a mate of mine and his wanting to use my car as a bit of a project.. since his only really worked on holdens he has dont alot of reserch for my new car... but i might still give bluepowers a cool to ask them what they recomend and what there gear is worth.... cheers guys

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

intake, exhaust, tune and NOS!

i would head to Bluepower personally, i met Chris as the Ford Nats at Heathcote last year and he knows his stuff. Both his cars he had there were very nice!

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes :) You should give him a call and tell him what your thinking of doing, he might even change your mind :P But i personally think you should get all tuning done by chris, he knows his s**t and will set your car up how you want it to be

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ill let ya all know how it goes... should be getting the car 2morrow

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]