Fordmods Logo

bf xr8 supercharger (turbo) 

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: bf xr8 supercharger (turbo)
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:24 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: bf xr8, rmz 450 07

Power: 244 rwkw

QLD, Australia

anyone know how much it would cost to get a bf xr8 ute too 400 rwkw has 240 at wheels now with flash tune exshaust and induction. also anyone know anything about turboing them. and also wat should i exspect to break if my motor and clutch are stock

www.bseries.com.au/kyle173

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

a workmate of mine has a ba xr8. he has just recently fitted a vortech reverse rotation charger to his with a 6 or 9psi pulley. already had exhaust and intake mods done plus flash tune. all up there wasn't much change from 10k and it makes 315rwkw.

i've heard that the stock internals won't take a whole lot more than that though so to get to 400rwkw you will be up for a major rebuild as well using stronger rods.

a whipple setup should get the job done.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

To get to 400rwkw you're looking at a lot of money! If you're serious about getting a super charger then give Chris from Blue Power a call (03) 9305 3000. He has proven super charger kits for the BOSS and i personally wouldn't go anywhere else for one. He'll be able to answer any questions you have and be able to tell you why a charger is better than turbos :)

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XR8

Power: 238 rwkw

WA, Australia

punktured wrote:
To get to 400rwkw you're looking at a lot of money! If you're serious about getting a super charger then give Chris from Blue Power a call (03) 9305 3000. He has proven super charger kits for the BOSS and i personally wouldn't go anywhere else for one. He'll be able to answer any questions you have and be able to tell you why a charger is better than turbos :)

seconded!!

03 XR8 ute.... 251.5rwkw and counting

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:14 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

has anyone got an internet site or something to look at turbos for the xr8 i also was wondering. if i just spent ten grand on the motor how much could i get out of it sorry very young and dont know much

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

try capa. ( www.capa.com.au ) i think the kit is 6k then fitting and tuning. may as well get flash tuner at the same time if you haven't already got one. should do it for around 9k. my mate got upgraded injectors and fuel pump at the same time and upgraded brakes a couple of days later and still kept it under 10k.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:02 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

how about na upgrades on the motor

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

kyle173 wrote:
how about na upgrades on the motor

bang for buck you won't get anywhere near forced induction. with exhaust and intake, including dual entry airbox and powerpipe to t/b, and flash tune with generic tune, my mate only picked up around 25rwkw to be around 220rwkw give or take depending on the dyno.

maybe have a browse through some of the site sponsors websites or dare i say it, have a browse around over at aff. quite a few modified v8 b series over there.

sorry i can't really be of any real help. the suggestions i have listed are all third hand as well so not really personal experience. i have been in the car and even before it was forced i thought it was quick. now its just insane.

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I wouldn't bother with turbos, with one of chris's blowers you'll have a f**k load of power from 2500rm. 10k for a supercharged setup isn't enough, and to be hosnest with ya it's a waste of money unless you want bragging rights over your mates.

A n/a xr8 with just bolt ons and right gearing you'll be running mid 12s with a good engine that will last. Supercharged and you'll be looking at a high 11/low 12 pass, but you've got a lot more chance of breaking stuff if money isn't spent doing it right! And i don't think you wanna stuff up a nice new bf and have it off the road if something goes wrong (i had this discussion with Chris 2 days ago)

If you're just after a good reliable car with some power here's what i suggest...

.6k Blue power cai (don't know what you have now, if you don't have a bluepower get one :) beats any other cai by far)
Exhaust, you got that already
.3k Tune, ^^ but would need a retune
.4k Underdrives
1k Oil gears (a must have for a modded boss)
1.9k 4.11 lsd
2k Textralia clutch
.5k Ripshift

Craig at Aussie Car Enhancements had the exact same setup as i mentioned in a ba II xr8 ute and ran 12.15 in race trim and slicks and was putting out 255rwkw. All that will be well under 10k and will be one tough ute.

Compare that to a super charged setup...

10k for a non intercooled blower fitted, twin screw kenne bell 6psi
3-4k bottom end rebuild
1k oil gears
3.5k for a good exhaust, twin 3" DiFilippo
1k tuning
2k clutch
1.9k lsd
.5k ripshift, and prob some other things im forgetting.

If you had money to waste i'd say go right ahead in getting a supercharger, but seeing as you have 10k i wouldn't even be looking at forced induction, the n/a setup above is a proven combination that you'll be more than happy with.

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:09 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

anyone doing turbos for the boss motor wat if i change me cams anything else i could change to get more rwkw

Post subject: ba turbo set up
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

speak to Geoff from Snort he's got a remote monted kit with no inter cooler that went on a BA XT 3V, the engine is still completey stock & they made 330rwkw with 9psi only, (still more to go) mods are as described on the site with no lag !! it had an articale on it as well also I think the owner ran it on the 1/4 & pull mid to hight 11's & this was his wife's shopping car to...

something to look at as an option.

Joe

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

NSW, Australia

I am currently fitting a T trim vortech on my BA XR8 and feel this is possibly the best option for the Boss engine if you are after this type of power with driveability.
I am running 14.3 psi into a blueprinted and strengthened bottom end, which consists of aluminium conrods , factory crank, custom turned venolia pistons, cnc ported headsported factory upper & lower manifolds, 72Lb motorsport injectors twin 600 bosch motorsport fuel pumps.
Exhaust has yet to be chosen but must be dual 3" as I also fitted a BF2 GT-P body kit with twin pipes.
You will need a BIG intercooler if you wish to get the most out of any forced setup.
good luck, and I hope you research it properly b4 jumping into any thing
as I learned the hard ($$$$$$$) way what is actually required to do it properly, BUT she will be a treat with just on 530kw I hope!

IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

9psi on a stock 3v? Getting a lil bit risky. Nice power output i have to admit :twisted:

Kyle, what exactly are you after for your car? And how much in total do you want to spend?

Post subject: turbo V8
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

[quote="punktured"]9psi on a stock 3v? Getting a lil bit risky. Nice power output i have to admit :twisted:

yeh, thats what I thought, but the tuner said it wasnt that hard to get it, they were at 270-ish rwkw when they uppered the injectors & pump, they already had reconfiggered a 1 bar map with the edit prior the fuel up grade & pushed it as far as they could, so if you pull more timing out on more boost who knows.....& no cooler, I'll have to find this article I think it was in Street Ford around a month ago.......

Joe

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ye i wouldn't think its hard to get nice power out of it, i just can't believe they still have the stock bottom end on it with 9psi. But it really comes down to the tuner and how its done. Would be nice seeing a kenne bell top mount for a 3v, power from 2500rpm and you'd be running less boost with the same performance with plenty of room for improvement :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next