Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Bloody EB's!
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:44 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EB XR8, Now Blown 1977 Mini S

QLD, Australia

G'day all,

Need some advice. Recently had the car tuned properly since getting the LPG injection put on the car. LPG runs very well now; however, the petrol side is now running like a dog. OK on start-up and whilst moving but when I stop the car and come back to start it again, it pop's and f@rt on petrol to the extent it stalls sometimes and you have to rev the tits off it to get it to run properly on petrol. The problem disappears eventually and also does not do it on LPG. It gets worse if you try to select a gear as well.

I am thinking plugs personally but looking at your learned advice. I recently serviced it with new oil, cleaned the MAF wires with cleaner(the recommended one - not throttle body/carb cleaner...), new leads and flushed the transmission out. The only other thing it may be is the neutral inhibit switch - would this cause the car to perform like it does

Post subject: Re: Bloody EB's!
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:02 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

This has been discussed many times before so I won't go into detail but, does your LPG controller turn of injector power when running LPG or does it just turn off the fuel pump? Does it connect to the EEC harness in any way?

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lots, all Fords

New Zealand

I have had good success running on LPG with the fuel pump running, but injector power feed off. Even after 4 months without petrol through an injector it still runs nicely.

Thinking about it, I would probably also turn KAM power (pin 1) off when the key turns off to stop adaptive learning going off on a weird tanget, as AFR for LPG is different to petrol. So the factory setting is probably better than whatever the ecu thinks is the right "correction".

XA Faimont 351C, AU2 XR8 Manual 5.0, DA LTD 5.0, Mk1 Capri 5.0, 1995 Mustang 5.0, EF2 XR8 Manual, EF2 Fairmont Ghia 5.0, AU3 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Manual Ute, TE Cortina 5.0 Manual, DU LTD 5.0 soon to be manual

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Check and clean fuel pump, filter and injectors...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:05 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EB XR8, Now Blown 1977 Mini S

QLD, Australia

Fuel pump is new(less than 5000km), filter is new with same km's and the injectors are original but regularly put injector clean through them every 5000km. I did put some green fuel conditioner in the last fill(98 V-Power) and this is when it all started going pear shaped. Rang Gastune in Tuggeranong(ACT)who did the LPG retune and they said drive it on petrol for a full tank and then refill with 98 again with some more cleaner through the tank.

I must say since running on petrol it hasn't hesitated like before so the hard accelleration must be taking the injectors for a flogging and clearing whatever has been blocking them. I have ordered a new dizzy cap(already have a new rotor button in the extensive spare parts locker in the boot!!) and also bought some new plugs(Gastune said just get the Bosch ones for the model - the fancy iridium ones in their eyes is snake oil). Re-gap them to between 0.8 and 1.0 and bobs your uncle apparently...

Will let you know how I go n the next few days.

Hooroo

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]