Fordmods Logo

Clevo holley probs, UPDATED 2nd june 11:18pm 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

All the vacuum lines are sorted, idles but is still a bit rough now, the screws on the side were adjusted from 2 turns out to 1.5 turns out to now 1 turn out, seems to run very rich still, lots of stinky fuel smelling smoke out the a*** of the car when you rev it, im going to pull the carb off and sealastic the s**t out of the gaskets in case there is a slight leak even though the gasket under the adaptor plate is new aswell as the one under the carb, havent attempted a drive yet as last time i tried it wouldnt start round the corner and it wasnt fun to push it home, lol
cheers

Succesful trades with bentles_eb, Pane, chunkz, xr8_dismantler, OBS35N, mrnasty, Steady ED, voxace, Mash85, ovo616, ef biff, lukey, dazza2924, Seannyb, gunit18, jkk, Tocchi,

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

For CH**** SAKE DONT USE SILASTIC as it swells up when exposed to petrol and can do some terrible things to carburettors Rub a straight edge over the base of the carby and make sure it is Level and then check the gaskets CAREFULLY against the carby to make sure you have the correct gaskets and not one that exposes any holes!! :!: Also check there is no old gasket left on the manifold and check it also for flatness. :D

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

lol, no sealastic done just yet, i will however pull the carb off again and clean it all up and make sure it goes back together clean as whistle,
Cheers,

Succesful trades with bentles_eb, Pane, chunkz, xr8_dismantler, OBS35N, mrnasty, Steady ED, voxace, Mash85, ovo616, ef biff, lukey, dazza2924, Seannyb, gunit18, jkk, Tocchi,

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

OK last weekend had a fiddle, cleaning the garage, and came across the holley rebuild kit box, emptied it to keep the spares and noticed a orange rubber thingo with a lil d**k on the end, looks like one of those things that goes into or onto the diaphram, could this be the problem all along not having this installed? there wasnt one when i pulled the carb apart the first time so i figured it was for another model holley, but now i think otherwise as the carb runs the same it did b4 the rebuild, how it runs is mentioned above for those who havent read this thread...
thanks

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

The little orange thing you describe sounds like the accellerator pump valve for SOME models other models have a ball staked into the bowl :roll:

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xd fairmont

NSW, Australia

i think your right , the orange thing is a one way valve for the pump

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah, im going to pull the carb off and see what i can sort out, will let you all know how it goes...
thanks

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Looking at the instructions that came with the carb kit ( if you can call them that ), there is no diagram of the lil orange rubber thingo going anywhere in the carb, and just to recap its a 600 vac sec holley.....
Can anyone help? i need to get this car goin again badly,
Cheers

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xd fairmont

NSW, Australia

if you turn the carb upside down and take the cap of ( 4 screws ) where the arm goes in you should see a hole in the center -im pretty sure this is where it should go - pushed in from this side , but id like someone to confirm this as its been a while since ive opened one up

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

accidently posted twice, sorry,

Last edited by Felony on Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

after just pulling it off at 10pm at night cause its s**t me to no end, lol, its a ball type, no orange d**k needed, i dont get it, floats are dead level, everything appears perfect yet its causing me so much grief.......
im biting the bullet and taking it to be looked at tomorrow as im out of ideas,
cheers

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2